BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

No dog in the fight but I also like United Knights. Has a good sound to it. Also like Beaumont Central-Ozen. Then you could say BCO. Sounds like the old days when you would say BCP. Lol. And no Blue and Gray Stallions. There is already a team around here with a horse mascot! Lol. They just happen to be Navy blue, not Royal. 

12 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Stowers

Really? I heard Drillers and Oilers were the favs since Hurricanes got shot down, but Maroon and Gold is the combo they like from the conversation 

12 hours ago, D3zii said:

Yea Stowers is what was told to me

I can dig it.  Matter of fact, the day the job posted, I shot him a text to let him know.  Hell I let him know after Foreman left but he didn't put in for that one...

1 hour ago, lcm93 said:

I love stallions I don't like wildcats we have to many wildcats in the area what high schools in Texas has stallions as mascots it should be original unique

Ozen Panthers and Central Jaguars.  Both are from the cat family.  The kids submitted Lions which is supposed to be king of the cats but it was removed and replaced with Wildcats.  I wonder what high school or college Froussard graduated from and what was its mascot?  Wildcats by any chance?

13 minutes ago, The Icon said:

This is the hidden content, please

Maroon and Gold like this? Or more of a metallic gold you think?

I personally think this is the color combinations that the kids will go with in their voting.  Now whether or not the decision makers throw another oke dok, that's a different question...

6 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I personally think this is the color combinations that the kids will go with in their voting.  Now whether or not the decision makers throw another oke dok, that's a different question...

Exactly, I don’t think anything of what the students liked made the final cut..so my question is again, who’s doing the picking really here the board or the students???

17 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I can dig it.  Matter of fact, the day the job posted, I shot him a text to let him know.  Hell I let him know after Foreman left but he didn't put in for that one...

Yea me to. The only catch is they don’t even for sure know if he applied to this one, his name is just flying around so they assumed he did...guess we’ll find out when the list comes out..hopefully he did 

2 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Here’s the ballot thanks to Ashly Elam for tweeting this out

C16457D0-0C05-4BBD-8383-CCBD80A6A43A.jpeg

Just a lack in creativity involving the school name,  none of the names made it including 

Preston Shaw HS

Jackie Cotton HS

Barak Obama HS (would prob have won by a land slide) 

Central-Ozen (BCO) Maroon and Gold Knights will probably get the nod in my opinion though

5 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Just a lack in creativity involving the school name,  none of the names made it including 

Preston Shaw HS

Jackie Cotton HS

Barak Obama HS (would prob have won by a land slide) 

Central-Ozen (BCO) Maroon and Gold Knights will probably get the nod in my opinion though

I agree. Those three choices are brutal.  No way kids came up with those.

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

They know who President Obama is but have no clue on the other 2 until they were given a lesson on them...

True. I would have given them a few handouts on them or something. You gotta admit Central-Ozen High/ Central-Ozen Magnet is kinda lame. It doesn't create unity it just puts the two names together. I am just a little surprised that was the best of the choices that were come up with given the weeks they (whoever they is) had to ponder on it.

Examples of "if" other schools merged and stuck to this plan.

"Welcome to __________________"

Bridge City-Orangefield High

Buna-Evadale High

East Chambers-Anahuac High

Kirbyville-Jasper High

Idk though man, I am not trying to be a hater or anything. It is not my school. Just seems like a good opportunity missed. It don't make much sense.

36 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

True. I would have given them a few handouts on them or something. You gotta admit Central-Ozen High/ Central-Ozen Magnet is kinda lame. It doesn't create unity it just puts the two names together. I am just a little surprised that was the best of the choices that were come up with given the weeks they (whoever they is) had to ponder on it.

Beaumont Champion High Hurricanes...

But the powers to be shot down the Hurricanes saying it was to recent of an event...

25 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I figured this, Hell im not from Beaumont so they had to tell me who the other two were lol.. still think Obama HS would have won though..

It would have and I think "they" didn't want the backlash from other communities outside the communities that the kids come from.  But it's ok to use any other Presidents name...