BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

20 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well. He turned deer park down.....Crosby gave him more money

The issue won't be the money, it will be that he has lost the thing that made the Crosby job great. That is their former superintendent Keith Moore. Moore resigned this week under some super shady predicaments and he was the guy that made sure Rio had everything he needed. That facility, those ball fields, turf, video boards, freedom to run the program as he wants, all those things were provided by Moore. Inevitably, Crosby will hire a new supt and Rio cannot ensure he will have the same support. Heck, most of the time those new supts want to bring in their guys.....that's how Rio got to Crosby with Moore. He is no dummy and will likely make the decision to get out before the Cougars stumble, go 4-6 or something, and he is told to get out.

4 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

The issue won't be the money, it will be that he has lost the thing that made the Crosby job great. That is their former superintendent Keith Moore. Moore resigned this week under some super shady predicaments and he was the guy that made sure Rio had everything he needed. That facility, those ball fields, turf, video boards, freedom to run the program as he wants, all those things were provided by Moore. Inevitably, Crosby will hire a new supt and Rio cannot ensure he will have the same support. Heck, most of the time those new supts want to bring in their guys.....that's how Rio got to Crosby with Moore. He is no dummy and will likely make the decision to get out before the Cougars stumble, go 4-6 or something, and he is told to get out.

It also should be noted that Riordan is apparently applying for jobs. Guys don't apply if they aren't willing to leave. I'm not saying anything other than BISD should make the call. That's all.

6 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Right, but my point is you have to be willing to leave to do that. If Crosby had called his bluff, he would be the HC in DP.

I agree, i was just saying that it was gutsy, This does happen often and sometimes it comes back to bite you. Crosby could have said hang on while we think about it, and DP could have said we are moving on , and that would left him in a bad spot. Sometimes it works out like this one apparently did and sometimes it can blow up in your face. I guess that's just part of it. 

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Post game interviews whining about fieldhouses and such every week...

Okay yeah That I do remember now... BISD has great field and fieldhouse. With a chance of a new school getting built, practice field, weight room and etc.should come with big names in the business if the pay gets over 100k.