BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Out of all the nicknames that was originally put on the ballets, I like Hurricanes and Timberwolves.  I no problem with it.

The dance Team can be the Struttin' She-wolves,

The Flag Group could be the Wolf Banner Wavers &

The Mascot could be named "Growl"

Guess That Works?

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

He thinks the long playoff run was deceptive because we ran into run first offenses before we played Friendswood in 2008 as well as not showing up vs. WB.  He also states that prior to that, we had 2 first round losses under him in the playoffs....  He don't care that the losses were to Brenham or LaMarque. 

I didn't give him too much of a hard time.  I respect his opinions, but strongly disagree on this one...

Coach Showers only missed the postseason once and never lost in the 1st round. The Losses to Brenham and La Marque(both were stacked with D1 Boys) were both 2nd round losses. And that playoff run was no fluke. The lost by 1pt to a powerful Friendswood team due to a botched fumble call by a blind ref.

25 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Coach Showers only missed the postseason once and never lost in the 1st round. The Losses to Brenham and La Marque(both were stacked with D1 Boys) were both 2nd round losses. And that playoff run was no fluke. The lost by 1pt to a powerful Friendswood team due to a botched fumble call by a blind ref.

And remember, LaMarque won state that year and I believe Brenham made it to the state simis...

I like the idea of one color from each of the old schools. Timberwolves, meh. Beaumont United, meh. But if that got the vote then a lot more people liked it than didn't.

The basketball team should be amazing. And so should the band. Might look like Bethune-Cookman.

Football team certainly won't lack for talent. But moving up to 6A will be a beast. Best of luck to BUHS!