BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

13 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Was it a good reason why?? Was it understandable?

He thinks the long playoff run was deceptive because we ran into run first offenses before we played Friendswood in 2008 as well as not showing up vs. WB.  He also states that prior to that, we had 2 first round losses under him in the playoffs....  He don't care that the losses were to Brenham or LaMarque. 

I didn't give him too much of a hard time.  I respect his opinions, but strongly disagree on this one...

18 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m sure WOS sounded pretty weird at first too.. just like Little Cypress-Mauriceville.. we’re just all used to it by now.

I think it works because it’s two words first then one word. Rolls better. Stark-West Orange doesn’t sound good. What if Stark would have still been Orange HS? West Orange-Orange? Lol! Also believe the full name was Orange Lutcher Stark HS. Could be wrong though. 

12 hours ago, ice74 said:

I heard early this morning, before the students voted that the name, mascot, and colors were already submitted to the state.

Beaumont United Timberwolves. (Royal blue/gray) . 

If that's true, it's a missed opportunity and disheartening to make the students believe they had a voice when they clearly didn't.

That's the name I heard this morning as well.  I hope it's wrong but it wouldn't surprise me...

23 hours ago, D3zii said:

Hmm, more I see this more I think the kids really didn’t have as much of a say in alot of the schools selections.. if you talked to some of the students then you should know what I mean , smh

Any of the old timers on here remember what the vote choices were back in ‘76 with the impending merger of WO and Stark? I know y’all voted on it as my bro in law was one, but he can’t remeber the other choices. He did say our school colors were because of the success of the Dallas Cowboys at that time. Yes, we are actually supposed to be Dallas Blue(royal bluish)  and Silver. Not Navy blue. 

13 hours ago, ice74 said:

I heard early this morning, before the students voted that the name, mascot, and colors were already submitted to the state.

Beaumont United Timberwolves. (Royal blue/gray) . 

If that's true, it's a missed opportunity and disheartening to make the students believe they had a voice when they clearly didn't.

From my understanding that's what a lot of kids voted on.

58 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

He thinks the long playoff run was deceptive because we ran into run first offenses before we played Friendswood in 2008 as well as not showing up vs. WB.  He also states that prior to that, we had 2 first round losses under him in the playoffs....  He don't care that the losses were to Brenham or LaMarque. 

I didn't give him too much of a hard time.  I respect his opinions, but strongly disagree on this one...

Lol i guess he wasnt at the Friednswood game, and seen how they did us

Not to mention that Angelton team we beat had D1 talent all over the field (Diggs (UT) Josey (Mizzo) Judkins (A&M) ) just to name a few. They also beat the same Friendswod team

41 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Exactly, so his thoughts mean nothing to me.  If the AD decides to go with Stowers, it's better than the 2 incumbents...

Was there ever an applicant list published in Bmt Enterprise or anywhere ? What was the salary offered the new hire ? Will the new hire get the same 100k Westbrook head football coach is rumored to get. Or was the old salary of 83k posted to not draw too many qualified applicants because the inside job that BISD is accustomed to is in works again ? Is it true Stowers hasnt coached in 5 years ? Is it true Stowers and the past and current AD's are a close friends/home-boys ? I had one child graduate from Central and one from Ozen so I'm not biased just very curious. I'll support who ever gets the job. I just want a level playing field for those that apply and no shady in house deals behind closed doors.I thought all that crap was behind us. Thanks for your help answering some honest questions...If a list was published where can it be found ?

3 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

Any of the old timers on here remember what the vote choices were back in ‘76 with the impending merger of WO and Stark? I know y’all voted on it as my bro in law was one, but he can’t remeber the other choices. He did say our school colors were because of the success of the Dallas Cowboys at that time. Yes, we are actually supposed to be Dallas Blue(royal bluish)  and Silver. Not Navy blue. 

And Mustangs because SMU was very popular at the time.