BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

10 minutes ago, workbootz said:

I can assure you that the students had Beaumont United as one of there options.  The students voted today.

Yea, but that’s like 1- out of 15 thing the kids proposed that ended up actually making final cuts. Not here to nag or anything just wanted the kids to really be the ones to bring all this together because at the end of the day They are the ones who will have to 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Examples of "if" other schools merged and stuck to this plan.

"Welcome to __________________"

Bridge City-Orangefield High

Buna-Evadale High

East Chambers-Anahuac High

Kirbyville-Jasper High

Idk though man, I am not trying to be a hater or anything. It is not my school. Just seems like a good opportunity missed. It don't make much sense.

It worked for West Orange and Stark High Schools.

27 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Yea, but that’s like 1- out of 15 thing the kids proposed that ended up actually making final cuts. Not here to nag or anything just wanted the kids to really be the ones to bring all this together because at the end of the day They are the ones who will have to 

On the school name, 1.5 of the names made the cut...

On the colors, 2 of the combinations made the cut...

On the mascot, 3 of them made the cut.

There was 5 in each category submitted. 

The only one that makes me scratch my head is why was the Lions taken off and replaced with the Wildcats, a mascot that is being used by Odom middle school and the Lions not currently in use?

But like I said on my facebook page, lets make the selections public tomorrow night and move on to the next step in the process, hiring/appointing a head principal so they can start the interviewing for football coach. 

I heard early this morning, before the students voted that the name, mascot, and colors were already submitted to the state.

Beaumont United Timberwolves. (Royal blue/gray) . 

If that's true, it's a missed opportunity and disheartening to make the students believe they had a voice when they clearly didn't.

1 hour ago, ice74 said:

I heard early this morning, before the students voted that the name, mascot, and colors were already submitted to the state.

Beaumont United Timberwolves. (Royal blue/gray) . 

If that's true, it's a missed opportunity and disheartening to make the students believe they had a voice when they clearly didn't.

I hope that’s not true

17 hours ago, png9mon said:

Not my school, but at Least Blue/Gray/Black  with Beaumont United Knights roles off the tongue.

I guess the drill team could be the Dancing Damsels  & The Flag Group could be the Royal Banner Flag Corps.

Lots of Options.  Sir Victory the Knight! (Mascot Name)

Here is a good example of a Knight mascot  image in Blue/Gray & Black.

toonvectors-42287-940.jpg

Columbia-Southern-Knight.jpg

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Yeah but say it aloud to yourself.

West Orange- Stark High School... Works

Central-Ozen Magnet.. Sounds like random words thrown together, doesn't it? 

I’m sure WOS sounded pretty weird at first too.. just like Little Cypress-Mauriceville.. we’re just all used to it by now.