BISD Votes to Merge Central and Ozen beginning in 2018-19

AshlyHasBeen

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...again,who's upset?  People like myself who's actually able to view things from a glass half empty/glass half full can see the whole picture.  

One of these board members that was elected who was on the previous regime always was and is very active in the respective communities.  Very involved in church and involved in many things that in involves volunteer time and effort to help the kids.  She's respected in that community.  She can't be blamed for the previous fallout of the previous board.  The collective unit was horrible as a whole.  

I just don't know how I'm unclear to you on my thoughts and feelings on this.  After speaking to several alum and Ozen people, many share my sentiments.

She was also very involved in theft of millions from the district and absolutely shoulders her portion of the blame.

18 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

The district that they are put in, will make all the difference in the world.  Being that football, besides volleyball, is the first sport to get things kicked off for the new school year, it is imperative that Ozen-Central starts out with a winning program.  I say that because it will help the student body buy in to the merger.  Everyone wants to be part of a winner.  If they have 3 non-district games, 2-1 or even 3-0 is better than 1-2 or 0-3. Hopefully we can avoid North Shore and The Woodlands in district.

Is the right coach Nelson or Taylor?  Could be.  But if either is given the keys to this new car, he has to make sure that all coaches are truly on the same page with him.  How do you do that in this situation?  I don't know.  The good thing is that most of the coaches between both staffs know each other and many have coached with each other.  I still think they should open it up and just see who all applies besides Foreman :):):)...   

Basketball wise, give it to Mike T simple as that...

Or any of the '3 stooges' .

6 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

She was also very involved in theft of millions from the district and absolutely shoulders her portion of the blame.

That one board member that we are talking about didn't steal anything.  Stop being ridiculous.  Had she stolen anything, she would've served some serious time.  As a matter of fact, non of the previous board ever got arrested..   as I've said, SOOOO misinformed...

22 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Not a bad idea!  Still not in favor of the colors, resembles West Brook too much.  Just talking to some of the kids briefly, they are liking the Hurricanes...

OC Consolidated Hurricanes... 

I'm coming on like a hurricane....  in the immortal words of AC/DC

15 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I used Ashley's story behind his helmet design where he had the Ozen name first.  Doesn't bother me either way though...

I was just referring to what would be the proper grammatical way to name the new school if the existing names are used.

Central-Ozen(C-O) Consolidated is good. I think using a big cat for mascot should remain. Lions or Tigers.

Also, consider naming the new school with a historical figure that relates to both schools. Levias-Smith

4 hours ago, Javelina said:

Go with this helmet setup and call the school C&O Consolidated.

Thats not a bad Logo, but i love the Hurricanes or Oilers with Black and Silver 

Now my next question is where will the new school be built?? Any ideas, i would think out by the stadium

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was just referring to what would be the proper grammatical way to name the new school if the existing names are used.

Central-Ozen(C-O) Consolidated is good. I think using a big cat for mascot should remain. Lions or Tigers.

Also, consider naming the new school with a historical figure that relates to both schools. Levias-Smith

Everybody is a Lion or Tiger,,,Let’s be different lol

22 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I'm coming on like a hurricane....  in the immortal words of AC/DC

Good one. How about Rock You Like A Hurricane by the Scorpions? It could be their take the field music.

Just got in on this page. It may have already been discussed. Besides Westbrook, all other games will be Houston area. Memorial is not even 6A anymore. Lots of traveling.

42 minutes ago, baddog said:

Good one. How about Rock You Like A Hurricane by the Scorpions? It could be their take the field music.

Just got in on this page. It may have already been discussed. Besides Westbrook, all other games will be Houston area. Memorial is not even 6A anymore. Lots of traveling.

True.  Unless they spend their entire non district in the golden triangle...

I would think fill the tank up and go. Maybe play PA Memorial, also there is a school named Shadow Creek that could be competitive. Maybe another top 5A D1 school in this part of the state. Need to find teams that will challenge you on your level. Those teams are few and far between 

9 hours ago, baddog said:

True but I'd bet my last dollar that the Titans from PA will be on the non-district schedule.  Maybe Katy Tompkins who was already on Central's schedule and maybe the Indians of PN-G.

35 minutes ago, STigerNation said:

So does this mean that Silsbee has to find two more opponents because I read on another post that we had Central and Ozen scheduled for the upcoming season if they didn't merge.

I would hope so, nothing against Silsbee but we need to be playing either big 5A schools or small 6A...