West Orange-Stark 14 Salado 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 minutes ago, griff said:

I liked Coach Thompson's comment about the lack of holding calls. It is a constant problem in high school football. The way WO-S' defensive front plays so aggressive that holding occurs a lot against us. So much of it happens in the middle of the line of scrimmage, but it's almost never called. We were still able to keep the Salado offense to only 77 yards rushing, but obvious holding penalties should be called when it happens. 

This coach complaining about holding?!!  Wow. The one coach that should be pissed off is the salado coach. I swear those refs were paid from wos. That touchdown to tie the game at 7 was a legal formation. It was just an empty set under Center. Then the LATERAL that was picked off and returned for a TD was nullified that would’ve made it 14-7, salado. That changes everything in the ballgame. Momentum and all!!  Salados defense shut down wos. The refs had no business deciding this game. You can’t do that to the kids that put their heart and souls into the game of football. I’ll agree on wos defense, they were fast and tuff as nails but salado won that game last night.  

17 minutes ago, earl Campbell said:

This coach complaining about holding?!!  Wow. The one coach that should be pissed off is the salado coach. I swear those refs were paid from wos. That touchdown to tie the game at 7 was a legal formation. It was just an empty set under Center. Then the LATERAL that was picked off and returned for a TD was nullified that would’ve made it 14-7, salado. That changes everything in the ballgame. Momentum and all!!  Salados defense shut down wos. The refs had no business deciding this game. You can’t do that to the kids that put their heart and souls into the game of football. I’ll agree on wos defense, they were fast and tuff as nails but salado won that game last night.  

6 minutes ago, earl Campbell said:

Is that all you got?!! That sounds like your coach crying about Holding!!!!!  It’s football. You could call holding on every play!! Go Texans. Watch out. You guys aren’t world beaters 

You know what I hear with all of your whining?

26 minutes ago, earl Campbell said:

I tell you what, I'll give you a couple hours to edit your post before I rock your world with some video evidence. If I were you I'd subscribe to Texan Drive and watch the play at the goal line where you got called for an illegal formation. Remember, you have to have 7 on the LOS... The clock starts now... :)

50 minutes ago, griff said:

I liked Coach Thompson's comment about the lack of holding calls. It is a constant problem in high school football. The way WO-S' defensive front plays so aggressive that holding occurs a lot against us. So much of it happens in the middle of the line of scrimmage, but it's almost never called. We were still able to keep the Salado offense to only 77 yards rushing, but obvious holding penalties should be called when it happens. 

Yes no doubt, CT never complains about the refs that I can recall. I do a lot lol.

1 hour ago, earl Campbell said:

Refs  got the calls right , watch the film .WOS stopped themselves most possessions . Uncharacteristic movement, bad throws and missed catches. Defense wins championships , WOS defense won this one. 

Salado had a solid team and played with heart. Hats off to a great year.

2 hours ago, earl Campbell said:

Is that all you got?!! That sounds like your coach crying about Holding!!!!!  It’s football. You could call holding on every play!! Go Texans. Watch out. You guys aren’t world beaters 

What he’s got is scoreboard.  Nice season Salado.  The Mustangs might not be world beaters but they’ve beat 38 in a row who have lined up across from them.  Very few schools in the country can say that.  Certainly none that start with Salad and end with -o-.

3 hours ago, earl Campbell said:

Lol...crying? Is every legitimate complaint crying to you? By your logic, everything you've said has been crying, as well. 

We don't want to be world beaters, but we're flattered that you want to hold us to that standard. We just want to win the next game. 

4 hours ago, Gasilla said:

I tell you what, I'll give you a couple hours to edit your post before I rock your world with some video evidence. If I were you I'd subscribe to Texan Drive and watch the play at the goal line where you got called for an illegal formation. Remember, you have to have 7 on the LOS... The clock starts now... :)

Ok Gas....you have kept us waiting long enough! :)

On 12/9/2017 at 11:46 AM, TxHoops said:

What he’s got is scoreboard.  Nice season Salado.  The Mustangs might not be world beaters but they’ve beat 38 in a row who have lined up across from them.  Very few schools in the country can say that.  Certainly none that start with Salad and end with -o-.

Yep

On 12/9/2017 at 11:46 AM, TxHoops said:

Best game of the year was the Kennedale game and look which team is in the state semifinals for 4A D1? Kennedale. WOS is a solid football team.