Nederland - UIL

On 12/5/2017 at 10:08 AM, PlayActionPass said:

Did the previous school sign off on the PAPF or did the previous coach check the box moved for athletic purposes?

Checked off moved for athletic purposes. 

On 12/5/2017 at 0:02 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

'6"7 kid from local school district. Was told the other moved in from Colorado.

Correct.  All of these bother me and this is one where the UiL and more particularly the DEC shows itself to be as incompetent as the NCAA.  Chorizo is right - it was a genuine move that had been planned for awhile.  As mamba likes to say, let them play!

One thing I will say, however, is that Nederland is notorious for voting against any transfers.  On the other hand,  the BISD schools and Memorial tend to side with voting for the kids.  My understanding is the vote was unanimous in this case.  Given the facts of this case, along with some previous cases I am privy to, the cynic in me can’t help but wonder if there was some payback involved.  

In any event, hate it for the kid.  HS is too short for kids to get caught up in grown ups BS. 

That sucks for the kid. The old school should have done the right thing and checked the other box instead of athletic purposes. This shows the parents made a good decision.

As for Nederland, maybe they'll be a little more sympathetic next time a vote comes up for this issue.  Terrible for the kid. At least he has JV ball.

Are there actual records & facts on District Commitee meetings thru the years & votes on transfers to know which schools notoriously vote yes or no? How about AD/COACHES who check the moved for sports box that denies playing, is he called to discuss the situation or does not have to expain anything? 

26 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Are there actual records & facts on District Commitee meetings thru the years & votes on transfers to know which schools notoriously vote yes or no? How about AD/COACHES who check the moved for sports box that denies playing, is he called to discuss the situation or does not have to expain anything? 

26 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Having been a High School counselor I am positive Privacy issues would not let this happen - the privacy of the student

I saw where someone posted they were privy to transfer information.  If they in fact attended one of these meeting they know you can not discuss it with anyone even another teacher, etc... much less the public.

15 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Several families have packed up and moved from HF, over the last several years. H-J, EC, PNG, and Nederland have all seen a few of them. Hard times in H-F school district is starting to feel the effects. 

H-F has the worst programs I know of, across the board.  Nothing against their kids just goofy admin. board, etc...