Nederland - UIL

6 minutes ago, chorizo said:

From what I know,the ad didn’t sign off and they have already had a district meeting which he was denied to play varsity sports,which was no big deal to the family,because it never was a move for sports.

Well, it must be a big deal to the school, because the appealed the decision to the UIL.

I’m not gonna get into that on a public forum,but If it is about the kid that I think,it has nothing to do with playing varsity,it’s all about What’s wrong and what is right.When someone sales a home and buys a new home in a differant city for various reasons a kid shouldn’t be held accountable for a family decision..especially when it is beneficial to the well being of kid!!

5 minutes ago, chorizo said:

I’m not gonna get into that on a public forum,but If it is about the kid that I think,it has nothing to do with playing varsity,it’s all about What’s wrong and what is right.When someone sales a home and buys a new home in a differant city for various reasons a kid shouldn’t be held accountable for a family decision..especially when it is beneficial to the well being of kid!!

No trying to start a storm of any kind, just curious to see that notice on the UIL agenda. 

6 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Like I said,not even sure this is about that,but I know of a very nice family that was dealing with a situation,so it could be them!!

Well, regardless if it is about them or not, I hate that coaches have so much power. It is one thing if a kid is still living in your district and just going to a school outside where they live for athletic purposes. But, if a parent decides they need to move their child for whatever reason, and picks up and moves the entire family, then a coach should sign off on the PAPF. 

59 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Well if it’s him it is strictly about what’s right,because even being cleared he could possibly still be a JV player..

There are two basketball players that have transferred in that have to play JV. One transferred in from out of state, one from a local school district. Not sure which one of these transfers is being appealed.

13 minutes ago, DannyShapiroBE said:

It's about the player who transferred from Hamshire-Fannett: 

This is the hidden content, please

I was told a kid from another state - not Colorado

Lived here before parents have 2 homes 1 here and 1 there

I don't know if the UIL looks at it like the IRS in that you have to choose a primary residence  (Homestead deductions, etc...)