*10-4A All District*

AggiesAreWe

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There were some players snubbed last year, and and lot of players that got in last year from a 2-8 team...  I was dumbfounded.  I'm glad they got it right this year.  Congrats to the the Tigers that made it.  Special shout out to Silsbee's #22 DB.

Got what right? If you include the superlatives, there are 39 first team all district players, 35 2nd team players. 74 total players for 53 total positions (22 offense, 22 defense, 2 kickers, 2 punters, 5 superlatives: MVP, Off. MVP, DEF MVP, Special Teams MVP, Newcomer)

Not sure what's right about having that many.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Got what right? If you include the superlatives, there are 39 first team all district players, 35 2nd team players. 74 total players for 53 total positions (22 offense, 22 defense, 2 kickers, 2 punters, 5 superlatives: MVP, Off. MVP, DEF MVP, Special Teams MVP, Newcomer)

Not sure what's right about having that many.

I'm sorry, I didn't specify.  I'm talking about the first team district selections...

Look, my point is the obvious notables were selected for first team all district, unlike last year when quite a few players from 2-8 teams made the 1st team... 

I'm not getting into all that other mess you're talking about.  You see these teams play in district.  You know the standout player on the stronger teams.  

I don't agree with the 5 superlatives.  Should only be MVP, Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP, and newcomer of the year.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s impressive... not a single 1st teamer from BC. I don’t think I can remember seeing a season where a school was totally passed over. 

On the other hand, I can’t think of anybody from BC that deserved it. 

Carry on. 

Not a single first teaser in the day and age of watered down?

im sorry dude. 

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So you agree with having 39 1st team players for 29 spots?

Not arguing that most All-District teams are watered down. But, what most Districts do is take nominations with the intent to pick 11-13 players for each side of the ball. However, they usually stipulate that all ties get in. So if they are choosing 5 offensive lineman and 4 players are tied for the final 2 spots, then they give it to all four. That is why you usually see so many chosen.

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There were some players snubbed last year, and and lot of players that got in last year from a 2-8 team...  I was dumbfounded.  I'm glad they got it right this year.  Congrats to the the Tigers that made it.  Special shout out to Silsbee's #22 DB.

So, are you saying that if a kid is on a losing team (2-8 for example), that a kid on that team should not be good enough to be a 1st team selection?

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So, are you saying that if a kid is on a losing team (2-8 for example), that a kid on that team should not be good enough to be a 1st team selection?

I don't remember the exact #, but first team was littered by players from that 2-8 team...  A team who Silsbee couldve scored 100 on.  They were horrible, and I remember saying...  Wow...  Those kids made it first team?  It was funny..

What a joke.  Might as well have every starter on first team.

That shouldn’t have to be said.  Bad teams wouldn’t be bad if they had 1st teamers 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

What a joke.  Might as well have every starter on first team.

That shouldn’t have to be said.  Bad teams wouldn’t be bad if they had 1st teamers 

I disagree.  I can name plenty of examples at the high school and college level where there was at least ONE 1st teamer on a losing team.  I get the point you are trying to make but your statement, as well as Soulja's, is just asinine. We are not even talking about All-State or All-American, we are talking about 1st team all-district.

One quick example off the top of my head: Calvin Tyler was on the Ozen team that Lumberton bullied 2 years ago.  What was their record?  So, Calvin Tyler, by your logic should not have been considered for 1st team All-District?

21 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I disagree.  I can name plenty of examples at the high school and college level where there was at least ONE 1st teamer on a losing team.  I get the point you are trying to make but your statement, as well as Soulja's, is just asinine. We are not even talking about All-State or All-American, we are talking about 1st team all-district.

One quick example off the top of my head: Calvin Tyler was on the Ozen team that Lumberton bullied 2 years ago.  What was their record?  So, Calvin Tyler, by your logic should not have been considered for 1st team All-District?

It all depends... if CT was still at Ozen, he didn't deserve consideration.  After moving to Silsbee, he was definitely the apparent favorite.  

Duh.  

6 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Horrible example.  Tyler set like 5 records at Ozen.  He ran wild on everyone he faced. 

The kids from that 2-8 team did nothing but go through the motions that year and competed with no one, except the 2 bad teams that they somehow beat...

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It all depends... if CT was still at Ozen, he didn't deserve consideration.  After moving to Silsbee, he was definitely the apparent favorite.  

Duh.  

Tyler balled out for Ozen his Jr. Year and set 5 record at Ozen.  Were y'all hiding under a rock 2 years ago?  Smh

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Horrible example.  Tyler set like 5 records at Ozen.  He ran wild on everyone he faced. 

The kids from that 2-8 team did nothing but go through the motions that year and competed with no one, except the 2 bad teams that they somehow beat...

Tyler balled out for Ozen his Jr. Year and set 5 record at Ozen.  Were y'all hiding under a rock 2 years ago?  Smh

No doubt in my mind that tyler deserved every recognition that he received. But it was quite pleasant beating him and Boyd pretty handily!

24 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So, are you agreeing that he was a 1st-teamer  even though he was on a losing team?  That question is for you and old-school

I'm saying comparing Calvin Tyler Jr. Aka Lil C at Ozen to those Navasota players last year is like comparing apples to oranges.  Those Navasota players and the Navasota team were horrible.  Calvin was great, but the Ozen team was horrible.  Following me now?