Realignment

DannyShapiroBE

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm glad the decision was made already. Now we can all move on.  This new school will get my utmost support.  I'm interested in how this all pans out...  Academics, athletics, employment, student body, ect.  

I totally agree.  I'm glad the decision was made so that the students, parents and staff can move forward.  You know I'll be supporting the school and kids.   

Gonna miss playing central in district, not sure if they feel that way but I always personally felt Central had a whole more in them and never got to see their full potential. Hopefully this fresh start will kickstart the program it should have always been. I’ll be following the new school next season for sure, they left on a painful memory though, spoiling DC number 6 for the Dogs lol bmt fans are probably on the edge of their seats awaiting the new change. Good luck to Central-Ozen in 6A

Overall, this is definitely the best decision for the entire town and for the kids as a whole.

Now let the speculation begin, who coaches what?

The BE articles says that all staff will be retained, but in what capacity?

The BE article also says that there will be some duplicity, well lets see, 2 Head Football Coaches, 2 Head Basketball Coaches.......

I was at the very first West Brook/Central football game at Lamar. Best one of them all. I also remember the West Brook band and the skit they put on. It's hard for me to say this is for the best, but it is. I was never a fan of three high schools in Beaumont because it seemed at one point in time one of the high school was the red headed step child and not all three where given the attention they needed. Will this new school be competitive not only in football and basketball but volleyball, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, ect. Will they bring in coaches to make all sports competitive.  I am looking forward to the football game between the new school and West Brook. I wonder if the football stadium will be sold out and will they move it to Lamar. Maybe it will be moved to a Saturday game. A lot of questions, as far as sports, will be answered on realignment day. 

19 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

I was at the very first West Brook/Central football game at Lamar. Best one of them all. I also remember the West Brook band and the skit they put on. It's hard for me to say this is for the best, but it is. I was never a fan of three high schools in Beaumont because it seemed at one point in time one of the high school was the red headed step child and not all three where given the attention they needed. Will this new school be competitive not only in football and basketball but volleyball, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, ect. Will they bring in coaches to make all sports competitive.  I am looking forward to the football game between the new school and West Brook. I wonder if the football stadium will be sold out and will they move it to Lamar. Maybe it will be moved to a Saturday game. A lot of questions, as far as sports, will be answered on realignment day. 

I doubt it.  I've seen the Katy's, the PN-Gfs, the Nederland's, and the Pearland's, all historically bring huge crowds.  Trust me, there's plenty of room and won't even have a need to use Provost Umphrey due to selling out...

On 1/19/2018 at 9:38 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I doubt it.  I've seen the Katy's, the PN-Gfs, the Nederland's, and the Pearland's, all historically bring huge crowds.  Trust me, there's plenty of room and won't even have a need to use Provost Umphrey due to selling out...

Unless of course they both are 9-0 with the game between the 2 being the last game in district.  But they still are not using Umphrey.