Realignment

DannyShapiroBE

BISD needs to combine Ozen and Central and put the main main campus on Concord and call it .......  wait for it......... FRENCH HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!

And the mascot?  Why the BUFFALO OF COURSE!!!!!!!  The French Buffs are back!   "It's the best school I ever knew!"

Wouldn't that be a hoot?  After all these years.  And which Beaumont school was the last one to win a football championship?  (even though it was a tie) Why the French Buffs of course!  It'll never happen but it would be fun wouldn't it?   

6 hours ago, Javelina said:

I could see this happening 5A D2.  This is just something I put together nothing official just a prediction.  Different Regions are color coded.

This is the hidden content, please

Barbers Hill 

Baytown Lee

Beaumont Central 

Beaumont Ozen 

Crosby

Dayton

Nederland 

Port Neches-Groves 

Vidor

Problem is, Beaumont will only have 2 high schools starting 2018-2019.

11 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Barbers Hill 

Baytown Lee

Beaumont Central 

Beaumont Ozen 

Crosby

Dayton

Nederland 

Port Neches-Groves 

Vidor

Problem is, Beaumont will only have 2 high schools starting 2018-2019.

Was there an official announcement on the Beaumont schools?  I haven't seen anything.

50 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Was there an official announcement on the Beaumont schools?  I haven't seen anything.

No not yet.  There is a school board meeting tomorrow night but we are not expecting a final answer at this one.  Probably won't get that answer until January 18th.  But we (a group of people trying to keep the schools separate) all know money is what makes the world go around and this decision is about money saving to the BOM.  So that's why I say 2 high schools in Beaumont for 2018-2019...

18 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

No not yet.  There is a school board meeting tomorrow night but we are not expecting a final answer at this one.  Probably won't get that answer until January 18th.  But we (a group of people trying to keep the schools separate) all know money is what makes the world go around and this decision is about money saving to the BOM.  So that's why I say 2 high schools in Beaumont for 2018-2019...

I agree it is probably about money, but for the first time in a long time in Beaumont ISD they seem to be doing something that is for the greater good for the entire district and community, not just a select few.

If they consolidate, it SHOULD increase the quality of leadership in all areas of the school, it SHOULD increase the availabilityof programs to all students, it SHOULD improve the quality of the education and it SHOULD improve the competitiveness of ALL athletic programs.   

On 12/12/2017 at 2:52 PM, Javelina said:

I could see this happening 5A D2.  This is just something I put together nothing official just a prediction.  Different Regions are color coded.

This is the hidden content, please

Im guessing Houston ISD will consolidate there schools as much as possible to save money and create all HISD districts. They will probably opt all of their 4A schools to 4A D1 which creates an 8 team district. They will probably bump all of their 5A schools to 5A D1 which creates another 8 team district. So that will do some major adjustments to the districts in region 3.