Realignment

DannyShapiroBE

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

No offense...but what exactly are you basing that on?  There's a lot of 4A D1 teams around here that Lumberton couldn't beat.  Haven't been able to recently anyway.  Aren't they normally in a battle with HF every year?  HF couldn't even make the playoffs in D2.

Just for clarification, when you say “around here” are you referring to teams that would be in our potential district, or teams we would eventually face in the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

You put Lumberton and Ozen in 10-4A-Division 1 and they both struggle to make the playoffs.

Well, that is dependent on what a new 10-4A-I looks like.  Sure they would have trouble with Silsbee and Navasota, but Silsbee again looks to become WO-S' problem in 4A-II and I am not sure Navasota won't be moved out west somewhere (which will please Rattlers fans as much or more than any of the SETX teams that have to travel there).  Who does that leave, LC-M? Bridge City? Huffman?  Maybe Lumberton wouldn't be prohibitive favorites over these teams but they sure as heck would not be underdogs, either.  And newcomers, Livingston? Ozen?  Well look how Lumberton handled them this season in 22-5A play.  They may not be head and shoulders above the rest of the district but they certainly should be in the discussion to be at the top.

As to whether they will be in for a deep run in 4A, DI playoffs?  That is another story.  There are just too many good teams in 4A, DI to pencil anyone in for a playoff run of 3 rounds or more out of this area.  If they are paired with the teams of the current 9-4A-I, a one and done is more than likely the playoff scenario for any team out of a projected 10-4A-I.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, that is dependent on what a new 10-4A-I looks like.  Sure they would have trouble with Silsbee and Navasota, but Silsbee again looks to become WO-S' problem in 4A-II and I am not sure Navasota won't be moved out west somewhere (which will please Rattlers fans as much or more than any of the SETX teams that have to travel there).  Who does that leave, LC-M? Bridge City? Huffman?  Maybe Lumberton wouldn't be prohibitive favorites over these teams but they sure as heck would not be underdogs, either.  And newcomers, Livingston? Ozen?  Well look how Lumberton handled them this season in 22-5A play.  They may not be head and shoulders above the rest of the district but they certainly should be in the discussion to be at the top.

As to whether they will be in for a deep run in 4A, DI playoffs?  That is another story.  There are just too many good teams in 4A, DI to pencil anyone in for a playoff run of 3 rounds or more out of this area.  If they are paired with the teams of the current 9-4A-I, a one and done is more than likely the playoff scenario for any team out of a projected 10-4A-I.

I agree with that assessment completely I was referring to 10-4A-Div 1 as it is currently constituted..

And really referring to this years team, not what they have coming or what others are losing.

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree with that assessment completely I was referring to 10-4A-Div 1 as it is currently constituted..

We would compete with Silsbee too. We’ve beat them in the past in actual games.

Im not gonna jump on here and promise deep playoff runs, but to say we would struggle to even make the playoffs is wrong.

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

We would compete with Silsbee too. We’ve beat them in the past in actual games.

Im not gonna jump on here and promise deep playoff runs, but to say we would struggle to even make the playoffs is wrong.

I'm not saying you wouldn't make the playoffs and I'm not saying you would miss the playoffs.

I'm just saying it would be a struggle. All of the games would be competitive in my opinion.

1 hour ago, GAGE12 said:

just who has lumberton beat in the last three years? to make a playoff run you have to be kidding

I think the claims of making a deep playoff run may be a little far fetched. I do believe Babin will have a good shot to make something happen and if he does I’ll enjoy the ride for sure.

I just think it’s a little too early to start making those assumptions. It will be exciting to find out what happens. Good chance to help the players morale and allow Babin to keep building upon what we have going. Right now we need to focus on district championships and making playoffs consistently. Then the next step is making deep runs. 

39 minutes ago, GAGE12 said:

whathas he done beat a few small 4a with losing records beating teams with losing records that are half of lumbertons size , not much there

He’s taken what is usually an 0-10 Team or 1-9 and has actually started winning games. And been competitive in most district games if your actually there to watch. It’s called progress. 

Guest ECBucFan
35 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

He’s taken what is usually an 0-10 Team or 1-9 and has actually started winning games. And been competitive in most district games if your actually there to watch. It’s called progress. 

How a team performs relative to its potential is the mark of its progress. Winning some games is a good start. The Raider team is headed in the right direction for sure. 

27 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Well I’ll say this Lumberton probably will come into district and do well for a first couple of years. LCM will most likely will be really down with losing 20 something seniors. BC will probably fight hard but probably a couple years out before they make some noise. Navasota if there still in our district is losing seniors that made them better this year. Huffman I think had 10 grader at Qb and I think they were overall young. I’d imAgine they will be better. Maybe Falcon 72 can tell us more. Any ideas who else would be in our district? I’d lean toward Lumberton but not going far in the playoffs. East Texas would win  the first round.