Wimberley (12-1) vs. Cuero (12-0)

tennisbc

4 hours ago, tennisbc said:

Regional Final Matchup: Wimberley (12-1) vs. Cuero (12-0) Friday 7:30pm at Bastrop’s Memorial Stadium   

The winner will face the winner of WOS/Salado. This has the making of a great game.

Big time matchup. To very  well coached teams.

2 hours ago, Goldie Holmes said:

I think Cuero will beat wimberley, I've seen wimberley play 2 games this year and talked to the coach of Halletsville, he thinks Cuero should win.

I like Cuero as well.Wimbo cinderella season comes to an end.Although I would love another crack at Wimbo. 

2 hours ago, griff said:

Wimberley did not have a Cinderella season. They made it a few rounds deep last year and had much of this year's roster returning, including their stud QB. Weeks is probably the best QB in class 4A. I have no rooting interest, but I think Wimberley wins this game. 

Kids only like 6"4 220 and thrown for like 6000 yds in his high school career. Seriously though I vacation in Wimberly every year at least once and that is a great town with very good athletic programs. I would like to see the WOS vs Wimberly matchup again hopefully at Katy's new field.

Bring that 6’4 monster down and he better be able to s ramble or he will be meeting up with our returning all state linebacker all night. IMO We match up well against the spread with what I believe is the best defensive backfield in 4a. The spread is better for us than What Nelms used to run at Wimberly so it should be interesting. We dominated Navarro and had them 31-0 before they could blink and Wimberly had troubles with them and they are the only team that both teams have played so take it as you will.

Cuero or Wimberley present unique and equally tough challenges...Cuero has big and tall receivers that are a tough matchup and they've got a RB that is better than anything Madisonville has...he's also a good receiver so he can create some matchup issues....two years ago a lot of those kids were sophomores when they played WOS in the semis...and if memory serves they were able to move the football just couldn't stop WOS...

Wimberley is a very efficient spread offense, death by a thousand paper cuts....real good QB who will get the ball out quick and nickel and dime you until you miss a tackle and they hit you with big plays...big, physical RB who gives them balance...

This was posted on another forum, not my words.