Should Roschon Transfer?

Transferring in Texas isn’t as simple as transferring in Louisiana. It’s not an apples to apples comparison.  Louisiana public school system is complete garbage, especially in the greater NO area. This is no secret. That’s why your private John Curtis High can go out and “pick from the litter”, offer a scholarship, and basically buy a state title. Doesn’t work like that in Texas. My dad went to Rumnmel, I’m well aware of how things work in that area. 

16 minutes ago, NDNTime said:

Transferring in Texas isn’t as simple as transferring in Louisiana. It’s not an apples to apples comparison.  Louisiana public school system is complete garbage, especially in the greater NO area. This is no secret. That’s why your private John Curtis High can go out and “pick from the litter”, offer a scholarship, and basically buy a state title. Doesn’t work like that in Texas. My dad went to Rumnmel, I’m well aware of how things work in that area. 

Rummel has a very respectable program. Our school system has come a long way. We lost everything and lots of teachers left. It happens. Thanks for info though. Your such a bitter betty lol

the greater NO area has some awesome schools as well. 7 out the top 10 LA schools are in NO or near it and are ranked nationally as some as the best in the nation. Come at me bro! We boss up on education. Do not let the news fool you. Yeah we had our issues but the teachers there deal with stuff yall don't see everyday and still manage to teach and mold young men and women. Its one of the reasons New Orleans is the doctor/pharmacy capital of the SOUTH. With Tulane and Xavier University. 

9 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Rummel has a very respectable program. Our school system has come a long way. We lost everything and lots of teachers left. It happens. Thanks for info though. Your such a bitter betty lol

the greater NO area has some awesome schools as well. 7 out the top 10 LA schools are in NO or near it and are ranked nationally as some as the best in the nation. Come at me bro! We boss up on education. Do not let the news fool you. Yeah we had our issues but the teachers there deal with stuff yall don't see everyday and still manage to teach and mold young men and women. Its one of the reasons New Orleans is the doctor/pharmacy capital of the SOUTH. With Tulane and Xavier University. 

That might be the case

I know some educators who cringe when a NoLa kid strolls into their classroom... Lightyears behind others in their class. Just what I've heard tho...

6 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

You are missing the point entirely. Public to public transfer vs public to private transfer. Martin, Rummel, Curtis, Holy Cross, etc., makes transferring in greater NO a whole lot easier than transferring in Texas. The private programs in Texas can’t hold a candle to the public programs in Texas. Thus, if RJ wanted to transfer in Texas, he’d likely have to move at least 2 hours away. Not likely gonna get approval to transfer to a different local program.

18 minutes ago, NDNTime said:

You are missing the point entirely. Public to public transfer vs public to private transfer. Martin, Rummel, Curtis, Holy Cross, etc., makes transferring in greater NO a whole lot easier than transferring in Texas. The private programs in Texas can’t hold a candle to the public programs in Texas. Thus, if RJ wanted to transfer in Texas, he’d likely have to move at least 2 hours away. Not likely gonna get approval to transfer to a different local program.

Good point

1 hour ago, FishingNDN said:

How so

Can’t transfer for authentic reasons period. Which is exactly what he would be doing.  Does he carry the majority of the load? Yes he does. I haven’t heard anyone complaining about how good he is and all the games he carried the team this year.   It’s been the RJ show all year. 

1 hour ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Thats very easy to say when its not your kid with 50 touches a game. He probably would never say it aloud, but I bet money Mr. Johnson, his Dad, doesn't appreciate his kid getting ran into the ground because the coaches get brain farts in MCM, the other team has a decent defense, or because they can't tackle a bag of feathers.

No one replied when I said that PN-G cupboard is running dry on athletes and playmakers with the SRs graduating. Those rbs might have had 700 yards on the season between them. No one is gameplanning for them.  None of the newer recievers have the speed that Hughes and Riggs had and this offense with Roschon was predicated on the deep play action pass. One does not simply throw deep passes to slow receivers. 

Hughes, Riggs, and Johnson are the sprinters on the track team from what I hear.  Where is that speed going to come from? 

Might as well put a saddle on his back because he is about to carry this whole team next year. Might just have to throw the ball to himself. lol Its sad to hear and it hurts your butt but its true. 

Maybe I should have said probably the most non realistic post. My apologies. I agree he would be all the offense but still not that easy to just transfer. Especially based on your examples of kids leaving. 

He should of been a Titan all along. As the coach, choosing to play your son over a much better Qb is absolute garbage. I put the best kid at the position where my TEAM would get the Win whether it be my nephew, my neighbor, or my SON!! Pam would be getting ready to play in the Semi’s right now if it hadn’t been for that crap!!  Nothing against Keitha cause he is an athlete.  Last year when the son was at Qb Pam would have been real dangerous with Shug!! 

Yes we are losing some good receivers, but we will reload. There are younger kids coming up that will be dang good. Freshman group are very good. Bost little brother will be the QB after RJ and is awesome. Couple of dominate freshman running backs. RJ has a place at UT already, he could sit out next year and he'd still be ok. He's not going anywhere....

5 hours ago, WHO DAT???? said:

A few buddies and I were talking at the game and I thought it might be a good idea. PNG has nothing and the barrel will get emptier next year without Riggs, Hughes,and #7. He does everything now and next year if you think you saw a work load, dadgummit watch out. They might kill him over there. I hate to see him waste another year there and increase his injury chances.

WOS is the obvious best place. Then Pam. What y'all think? 

Oh i forgot there is always the private schools. Legacy?

Is this really a topic?? Unbelievable! You folks are some of the most shallow, ungrateful, pathetic excuses of fair weather fans ever! I say fair weather under my breath because the Indians just went freaking 11-2! I mean this could very well be the most asinine topic in the history of this site. Get a life chief!

17 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Is this really a topic?? Unbelievable! You folks are some of the most shallow, ungrateful, pathetic excuses of fair weather fans ever! I say fair weather under my breath because the Indians just went freaking 11-2! I mean this could very well be the most asinine topic in the history of this site. Get a life chief!

I'm not a png fan. You should apoligize to them lol. That was mean. You are entitled to your opinion Like I am mine. I think png holds him back and he should leave if he can. You and others think otherwise. You know what that's fine. It's America.

4 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

I'm not a png fan. You should apoligize to them lol. That was mean. You are entitled to your opinion Like I am mine. I think png holds him back and he should leave if he can. You and others think otherwise. You know what that's fine. It's America.

Also it's fun making u old pots mad on here.

I'm not mad at all chief, and I have zero connection to PNG. I do however find it quite comical that a derelict like yourself would come on a message board and ramble complete nonsense. Suggesting that a player of his caliber whose been one of the most prolific QB's in the state during his time as signal caller would even consider transferring is absurd. Come on homie can you not think of something relevant to start a thread on?

What is PNG holding him back from exactly? You obviously have not looked at the PNG roster. They have had 9 sophomores playing significant roles this year, with three of the offensive lineman being sophomores. The starting center got injured last offensive play against Nederland and was lost for the playoffs. They lost in the third frikin round of the playoffs! Last time I checked 11-2 making it to the third round is not a bad year! You guys are talking about 15-18 year old boys like they are in the college and the NFL! Roschon has childhood friends he is playing with! He is playing in front of one of the largest High School fan bases in the nation every Friday night a place that is rich in tradition! Only two teams a year can win a state championship in the 5A rank! It takes an overall special group of kids to win one! 

25 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I'm not mad at all chief, and I have zero connection to PNG. I do however find it quite comical that a derelict like yourself would come on a message board and ramble complete nonsense. Suggesting that a player of his caliber whose been one of the most prolific QB's in the state during his time as signal caller would even consider transferring is absurd. Come on homie can you not think of something relevant to start a thread on?

der·e·lict
ˈderəˌlikt/
adjective

1. 1.
    in a very poor condition as a result of disuse and neglect.
    "the cities were derelict and dying"
    synonyms: damned, doomed, lost, condemned to hell; More

•  

noun

1. 1.
    a person without a home, job, or property.
    "derelicts who could fit all their possessions in a paper bag"
    synonyms: tramp, vagrant, vagabond, down and out, homeless person, drifter; More

I think you used the wrong word jack since u used it as a noun, But that is neither here nor there. 

Because he is so prolific, he should go somewhere he can actually win and not blow his legs out in the process. U old pots get so upset by a different opinion. I started this topic to get reactions and thoughts.... looks like i got plenty lol. 

Listen, im not that bad a guy lol got pretty blonde hair like my mom lol. Love beer. 

Derelict. How dare you?!

23 minutes ago, OneChance said:

What is PNG holding him back from exactly? You obviously have not looked at the PNG roster. They have had 9 sophomores playing significant roles this year, with three of the offensive lineman being sophomores. The starting center got injured last offensive play against Nederland and was lost for the playoffs. They lost in the third frikin round of the playoffs! Last time I checked 11-2 making it to the third round is not a bad year! You guys are talking about 15-18 year old boys like they are in the college and the NFL! Roschon has childhood friends he is playing with! He is playing in front of one of the largest High School fan bases in the nation every Friday night a place that is rich in tradition! Only two teams a year can win a state championship in the 5A rank! It takes an overall special group of kids to win one! 

Winning. Specifically when it matters, like in the playoffs when you are not playing teams  called Lee, Livingston, Central, Ozen, Lumberton, Sterling, offenses like Vidor. Beating up on those teams only puts you in a race for Dc but yall are happy with that

21 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:
der·e·lict
ˈderəˌlikt/
adjective

1. 1.
    in a very poor condition as a result of disuse and neglect.
    "the cities were derelict and dying"
    synonyms: damned, doomed, lost, condemned to hell; More

•  

noun

1. 1.
    a person without a home, job, or property.
    "derelicts who could fit all their possessions in a paper bag"
    synonyms: tramp, vagrant, vagabond, down and out, homeless person, drifter; More

I think you used the wrong word jack since u used it as a noun, But that is neither here nor there. 

Because he is so prolific, he should go somewhere he can actually win and not blow his legs out in the process. U old pots get so upset by a different opinion. I started this topic to get reactions and thoughts.... looks like i got plenty lol. 

Listen, im not that bad a guy lol got pretty blonde hair like my mom lol. Love beer. 

Derelict. How dare you?!

You're obviously very new to the board; that explains a lot. I'm sure you're a super cool guy, so how bout bringing some threads to the board that are at least somewhat relevant.

14 hours ago, WHO DAT???? said:

A few buddies and I were talking at the game and I thought it might be a good idea. PNG has nothing and the barrel will get emptier next year without Riggs, Hughes,and #7. He does everything now and next year if you think you saw a work load, dadgummit watch out. They might kill him over there. I hate to see him waste another year there and increase his injury chances.

WOS is the obvious best place. Then Pam. What y'all think? 

Oh i forgot there is always the private schools. Legacy?

You will find out next year PNG has a lot of returning talent. Oour defense we had as many as 5 sophomores starting at different times.  We had 4 on Offense. Can you name a year in our history we had that many. We have a special HB who is most likely going to be running with Deslatte next season who will only be a sophomore. Roschon will have a lot of talent next year. Riggs was the very best receiver in our history all 92 years. He sits a top of all of our records for receiving for the most part. His departure will hurt just as LeJune's did last year.  The same thing was said when Deron, Jalili, Nelson, Jeremiah Rose, Kaleb Sparks, and Sulliven all left. If you have a passing team it affords you the opportunity to develop receivers. Thats why every season under Faircloth we have had good receivers. By no means is the cupboard empty. Next seasons team will be talented and will have the best player on it in SETX for one more season. The Indians will compete for the DC again.