Should Roschon Transfer?

A few buddies and I were talking at the game and I thought it might be a good idea. PNG has nothing and the barrel will get emptier next year without Riggs, Hughes,and #7. He does everything now and next year if you think you saw a work load, dadgummit watch out. They might kill him over there. I hate to see him waste another year there and increase his injury chances.

WOS is the obvious best place. Then Pam. What y'all think? 

Oh i forgot there is always the private schools. Legacy?

7 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

A few buddies and I were talking and I might be a good idea. PNG has nothing and the barrel will get emptier next year without Riggs, Hughes,and #7. He does everything now and next year if you think you saw a work load, dadgummit watch out. They might kill him over there. I hate to see him waste another year there and I crease his injury chances.

Even IF it happens he would have to be cleared to play varsity at another school his first year there. Mostly likely wouldn’t be allowed 

15 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

A few buddies and I were talking and I might be a good idea. PNG has nothing and the barrel will get emptier next year without Riggs, Hughes,and #7. He does everything now and next year if you think you saw a work load, dadgummit watch out. They might kill him over there. I hate to see him waste another year there and I crease his injury chances.

Oh yes he will get alot of playing time even start

IF HE WANTED TO DO SO, I don't know that there would be a single school that would turn down a chance to have Roschon on their team.

But why would a quarterback, who has gotten just about anything that he wanted, including the chance to play for the college of his dreams want to leave the school that has afforded him that chance.  To leave for a school in a town that he has never set foot in?

This is ridiculous and if I were Roschon I would be offended at the implication that my pool of values is that shallow.

11 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

IF HE WANTED TO DO SO, I don't know that there would be a single school that would turn down a chance to have Roschon on their team.

But why would a quarterback, who has gotten just about anything that he wanted, including the chance to play for the college of his dreams want to leave the school that has afforded him that chance.  To leave for a school in a town that he has never set foot in?

This is ridiculous and if I were Roschon I would be offended at the implication that my pool of values is that shallow.

Good post!

I don't think it means he is shallow at all. I look at it this way, I coached and played at Curtis in River Ridge, LA. We have won 25 state rings. I have alot of kids transfer in and out for several reasons. It's probably not as common for small town teams.

I also look at it like this, if a kid can WIN AND lessen his workload, why not. Noah Cain, the #1 2019 running back for Denton Guyer did just that this year and went to IMG. That kid's not shallow. He is a great kid,

You are acting like he owes PN-G something. You say they gave him a chance. Well duh, any school with a brain would have started the kid. The results would be the same at every school in this area outside of Memorial because Harrison probably would've started his kid last year lol. HE OWES THEM NOTHING. He gives his all on the field and in the classroom and its ALL THEY DESERVE. If he wants to WIN and preserve himself, its the move. 

If not, may the football gods protect him from injury.

This is all just talk guys.  Its a beer conversation at the barbershop. You get way too offended.

Is it possible for him to graduate early next year (Dec) from PNG and head to UT in the spring? If not he could probably transfer to one of several academies, graduate in Dec, and then head to UT in the spring for spring practice and begin competing. That’s the only way I️ see him not playing at PNG next year. 

13 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Is it possible for him to graduate early next year (Dec) from PNG and head to UT in the spring? If not he could probably transfer to one of several academies, graduate in Dec, and then head to UT in the spring for spring practice and begin competing. That’s the only way I️ see him not playing at PNG next year. 

He is graduating in DEC from what i hear

21 minutes ago, CH96 said:

Probably the dumbest post ever. 

Thats very easy to say when its not your kid with 50 touches a game. He probably would never say it aloud, but I bet money Mr. Johnson, his Dad, doesn't appreciate his kid getting ran into the ground because the coaches get brain farts in MCM, the other team has a decent defense, or because they can't tackle a bag of feathers.

No one replied when I said that PN-G cupboard is running dry on athletes and playmakers with the SRs graduating. Those rbs might have had 700 yards on the season between them. No one is gameplanning for them.  None of the newer recievers have the speed that Hughes and Riggs had and this offense with Roschon was predicated on the deep play action pass. One does not simply throw deep passes to slow receivers. 

Hughes, Riggs, and Johnson are the sprinters on the track team from what I hear.  Where is that speed going to come from? 

Might as well put a saddle on his back because he is about to carry this whole team next year. Might just have to throw the ball to himself. lol Its sad to hear and it hurts your butt but its true. 

The UIL's rules make it so that it's really tough and it's almost a moot point. But I'll say this. If he had that same exact situation in Florida, I think it would make sense for him to transfer. But it's also way easier to transfer here. I disagree with WOSGrad's implication that wanting to transfer makes automatically gives you a low set of values. It's a different time. Some transfers don't make sense, some do. I think this one, if it did happen, would make sense.

He'll be successful at PNG next year, I'm sure BF will find him some good weapons. But he's asked to do a lot with no defense to support him.