College Station 66 Port Neches-Groves 40/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Shug passed for 273 yards, rushed for 206 and totaled five TDs w 2 ints

Not the best game by his standards but hey

Put that in prospective. RJ 500 yards 5 TDS. 

As we have said before lots of other folks helping RJ but damn how much more can u ask of the kid. And remember he is a kid 

49 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

Legitimate chance of playing for a ring with that type of enrollment or bigger means having 3 to 4 d1 players at least . Manvel , katy, allen 

IF PNG had a defense and woulda won, they woulda played Fort Bend Marshal, a very beatable team.  

They have a good enough offense to beat anyone in region 3.  And they have the most important piece of the puzzle, a big time QB.

Before the playoffs became watered down, and when PNG played Stephenville for the state championship in the Astrodome, they didn’t have a major d1 player on defense.  But they played great defense, and could tackle very good.

6 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

IF PNG had a defense and woulda won, they woulda played Fort Bend Marshal, a very beatable team.  

They have a good enough offense to beat anyone in region 3.  And they have the most important piece of the puzzle, a big time QB.

Before the playoffs became watered down, and when PNG played Stephenville for the state championship in the Astrodome, they didn’t have a major d1 player on defense.  But they played great defense, and could tackle very good.

You don't have to be a big time D1 player to be an exceptional, difference maker on defense. Example, Montana Q from Vidor. But you have to have some difference makers like him, preferably 4-5 of them, to slow people down in the late rounds of the playoffs. The PNG players played their hearts out on both sides of the ball and the coaches did their best. Sometimes you just get outplayed with a higher level of talent. Nothing to be ashamed of. Great seasons Indians!  

15 minutes ago, PAT said:

We need some better coaching here in Setx. There is no way Pam gets beat last night and Pn give up 66 points today with a lil better coaching. Atrocious!!

Yup. Nederland has had a great coaching staff for a while and the closest they got was the semis. Be nice to have some talent also, can’t pick from Houston,Dallas and Austin area talent. 

20 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

You don't have to be a big time D1 player to be an exceptional, difference maker on defense. Example, Montana Q from Vidor. But you have to have some difference makers like him, preferably 4-5 of them, to slow people down in the late rounds of the playoffs. The PNG players played their hearts out on both sides of the ball and the coaches did their best. Sometimes you just get outplayed with a higher level of talent. Nothing to be ashamed of. Great seasons Indians!  

I 100% agree with the 1st half, but giving up 69 pts and 66 pts in the playoffs shouldn’t be considered as getting outplayed. It’s being out schemed and out coached as well.  Badly.

And it’s not just a 2017 problem.  It’s been a problem since Faircloth has been there. Maybe not 60 pts every week, but they consistently give up 40 since he’s been there.  Little has changed.

All I got to say the boys played their hearts out! I am not a Faircloth fan and I believe if we had a different head coach we would still be undefeated! We had to much talent on the team to get beat! Everyone knows Faircloths plays before he calls them! It’s the same plays over and over! If I was RJs family he would not be playing for Faircloth next year! Faircloth didn’t develop that kid, RJ and his dad has been working way before Faircloth!  Time for a change in the coaching staff folks it’s time for Faircloth to go!!! 

9 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

All I got to say the boys played their hearts out! I am not a Faircloth fan and I believe if we had a different head coach we would still be undefeated! We had to much talent on the team to get beat! Everyone knows Faircloths before before he calls them! It’s the same plays over and over! If I was RJs family he would not be playing for Faircloth next year! Faircloth didn’t develop that kid, RJ and his dad has been working way before Faircloth!  Time for a change in the coaching staff folks it’s time for Faircloth to go!!! 

ill disagree I think Faircloth is fine as a coach you cant argue that his offense puts up points. He needs to get a new defensive coordinator and let him do his own thing.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

First off I would like to say congrats to PNG and PAM. Great season for both teams. 11-2 isn't to shabby. Second I would like to say "damn" I wish Dayton had yalls problems. 

PNG will be Dayton as they are now after Roschon leaves. Then you could both have the same problems and be happy

36 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

All I got to say the boys played their hearts out! I am not a Faircloth fan and I believe if we had a different head coach we would still be undefeated! We had to much talent on the team to get beat! Everyone knows Faircloths before before he calls them! It’s the same plays over and over! If I was RJs family he would not be playing for Faircloth next year! Faircloth didn’t develop that kid, RJ and his dad has been working way before Faircloth!  Time for a change in the coaching staff folks it’s time for Faircloth to go!!! 

You know maybe us folks that shop at  the local Wal Mart think it's time for you to lose your job there. I see you aren't doing the best of jobs night stocking the canned vegetables. Last time I was in the Wal Mart you work at, the Ole Roy dog food I bought was way out of date. Yep I think it's time for a change on the night stocking crew at Wal Mart. You gotta go man!

42 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

From what I saw today, and yes I was there. PNG did have some talent. 2 & 12 are players for sure and you have a good O line, but my opinion is that CS had more overall talent. Your linebackers could not get off their blocks and the speed of CS was a factor. I believe CS will handle FB Marshall and win by 10.

42 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

ill disagree I think Faircloth is fine as a coach you cant argue that his offense puts up points. He needs to get a new defensive coordinator and let him do his own thing.

Of course you would agree with this as your Nederland coaches out coach him every year! There is no way we should have been beat by Nederland! That was poor coaching!!!

14 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

You know maybe us folks that shop at  the local Wal Mart think it's time for you to lose your job there. I see you aren't doing the best of jobs night stocking the canned vegetables. Last time I was in the Wal Mart you work at, the Ole Roy dog food I bought was way out of date. Yep I think it's time for a change on the night stocking crew at Wal Mart. You gotta go man!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion! You like Faircloths coaching and I disagree! Yes College Station has better talent but ale of the play calling offensively and defensively could have been a lot better! 

5 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Of course you would agree with this as your Nederland coaches out coach him every year! There is no way we should have been beat by Nederland! That was poor coaching!!!

LOL in all seriousness Ive said several times I thought Coach Faircloth was a good coach but needed to cut out the boneheaded playcalling. Well seen some of that this year but ill add find a new defensive coaching staff to that list,

35 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

PNG will be Dayton as they are now after Roschon leaves. Then you could both have the same problems and be happy

PNG wasn't "Dayton" before Shug and won't be Dayton after Shug. 

Folks forget, Doty-Harmon, Doty-Bertrand, Miller-Bertrand, Morse-Halfin all before Shug. Shug is the first real dual threat at PNG, but those forementioned combos along with WR's like, Deron, Jalali, Nelson, Rose, Sparks, Giblin, Sullivan, Mczeal and now Riggs all had great runs at PNG under BF. He helped all of those young men to be successful as HS players. 

PNG needs DLine help, plain and simple. 

5 minutes ago, badndn said:

Folks forget, Doty-Harmon, Doty-Bertrand, Miller-Bertrand, Morse-Halfin all before Shug. Shug is the first real dual threat at PNG, but those forementioned combos along with WR's like, Deron, Jalali, Nelson, Rose, Sparks, Giblin, Sullivan, Mczeal and now Riggs. BF helped make all of those young men successful as HS players. 

Doty wasn’t a result of Faircloth that whole 2009 football team was developed by Burnette and his coaching staff! Which you still had some of the burnette staff on board that year coaching as well!  

4 minutes ago, badndn said:

Folks forget, Doty-Harmon, Doty-Bertrand, Miller-Bertrand, Morse-Halfin all before Shug. Shug is the first real dual threat at PNG, but those forementioned combos along with WR's like, Deron, Jalali, Nelson, Rose, Sparks, Giblin, Sullivan, Mczeal and now Riggs. BF helped make all of those young men successful as HS players. 

YAWN! Only one or two teams have made it to the Regional round with all the people you named, SINCE 2003. They have been there twice since he got there. Unless you are satisfied with bi district wins and area losses.