College Station 66 Port Neches-Groves 40/FINAL

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Doty wasn’t a result of Faircloth that whole 2009 football team was developed by Burnette and his coaching staff! Which you still had some of the burnette staff on board that year coaching as well!  

Doty sat on the bench as a Sophomore under MB. Not on JV. On the bench on Varsity. Yes the defense under BF in 2009 still had the Burnett attitude, but that offense was all Faircloth. 

7 minutes ago, badndn said:

Doty sat on the bench as a Sophomore under MB. Not on JV. On the bench on Varsity. Yes the defense under BF in 2009 still had the Burnett attitude, but that offense was all Faircloth. 

The QB Burnettes last year was Harrison Tatum with Doty as QB backup but most of that team was starters under Burnette! Deron, Harmon, Segura, etc was all from Burnette! I can promise you most of these kids were taught to tackle they would go head to head in practice they didn’t use tackling dummies! I understand about concussion concerns but apparently tackling dummies in practice isn’t cutting it! That team still had Lefort Segura Armand and a few more on coaching staff those years! Mike Arnaud is one of the best defensive coaches we could have on defense! 

31 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

YAWN! Only one or two teams have made it to the Regional round with all the people you named, SINCE 2003. They have been there twice since he got there. Unless you are satisfied with bi district wins and area losses.

9 years before Faircloth(3 playoffs): 52-40 (3-3 in playoffs). 0 times to Rd 3 

9 years under Faircloth(8 playoffs): 72-33 (8-8 in playoffs). 3 times to Rd 3. 

17 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

The QB Burnettes last year was Harrison Tatum with Doty as QB backup but most of that team was starters under Burnette! Deron, Harmon, Segura, etc was all from Burnette! I can promise you most of these kids were taught to tackle they would go head to head in practice they didn’t use tackling dummies! I understand about concussion concerns but apparently tackling dummies in practice isn’t cutting it! That team still had Lefort Segura Armand and a few more on coaching staff those years! Mike Arnaud is one of the best defensive coaches we could have on defense! 

As I said that deffense had Burnetts fingerprints, but Doty was a result of Faircloth not Burnett and if you argue otherwise you're just a BF hater. Faircloth took Burnetts "kids" that won 3 games and went 11-1...end of discussion. Burnett had Lunceford, Schexneider and Doty on the varsity bench as Sophomores. Why do that?

23 minutes ago, badndn said:

9 years before Faircloth(3 playoffs): 52-40 (3-3 in playoffs). 0 times to Rd 3 

9 years under Faircloth(8 playoffs): 72-33 (8-8 in playoffs). 3 times to Rd 3. 

I don’t think Faircloth is a bad coach.  He’s a great offensive coach and puts up points.  It’s the manner in which he loses, and in many cases wins.  A win is always good, but having to score 72 because you give up 69, isn’t a recipe for success.

Its clear he wants to win with offense, and Burnett placed way more emphasis on defense when he coached.

9 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

I don’t think Faircloth is a bad coach.  He’s a great offensive coach and puts up points.  It’s the manner in which he loses, and in many cases wins.  A win is always good, but having to score 72 because you give up 69, isn’t a recipe for success.

Its clear he wants to win with offense, and Burnett placed way more emphasis on defense when he coached.

PNG hasn't had a big tough DLine in years. It all Starts up front. 

10 minutes ago, badndn said:

Just couldn't score. Love to have those defenses and Faircloth offenses. 

Perfect storm from how you guys talk about Burnett. We gotta ID defensive kids and put em in better position next season. if you score 40, u usually win the game.

11 minutes ago, badndn said:

Just couldn't score. Love to have those defenses and Faircloth offenses. 

I agree 100% - have your cake and eat it too

It wasn’t that long ago (within the last few years) that PNG had a Top 20 Defense with the same coordinator. 

Burnett put his eggs on defense, he got ran out of town because they couldn’t score and make playoffs consistently. Now people are wanting to run Faircloth out of town, while he makes playoffs consistently and scores lots of points, but doesn’t play the defense people like.

Whats the answer?

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Play offense and defense and don’t stack all of your talent on one or the other? 

So, be average to mediocre at both? Go, 5-5 or 6-4,  then take an L in the first round? Maybe draw a scrub and get bounced in the 2nd?

Shoot man - I personally love a hard nosed, physical running game paired with a stout defense. But if it ain't in the cards, it ain't in the cards. I'd like to think Coach Faircloth wants to do everything he can to win a football game with the talent he has by putting kids in the best position to win. I don't know the mind of the man, but I can assume he wants to do the best job he can doing it his way.

Unrelated: Another observation I've made the last couple of years is that the upstart schools (Manvel, College Station, Summer Creek, Dawson...etc) have had a ton of success very early on with little to no tradition. Guess there's something to being the shiny, new object in the store...idk....

2 hours ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Of course you would agree with this as your Nederland coaches out coach him every year! There is no way we should have been beat by Nederland! That was poor coaching!!!

I watched the Ned/Manvel game and PNG/TC game. Ned looked alot better then PNG as a complete team. I'm not surprised that Ned beat PNG. IMO of course.

39 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Congrats to PNG on a GREAT season!!!  There are plenty of teams that would give anything to be playing football in December!!! Faircloth is a very good coach! I think he needs to put more emphasis on the D and maybe get a first class D-coordinator.  Apart from Nederland I hope you guys dominate the field next year!!!   

Been needing to do this for a long time. He has a great system, once he incorporates more physical defensive philosophy he will have a full package. I just wish he'd do it sooner than later....

1 hour ago, PAT said:

Back in the early and all the way to the late 90’s a lot of more kids were super aggressive at Pn cause the juice was loose. And I know that for a FACT!!

Whatever man, I played at PNG from 89-91 and there was not any juicing what so ever! THAT IS A FACT! Coming from a team captian in the locker room! Not from some disgruntled TJ alumni!