Jimbo fisher is now an Aggie

king

11 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

aTm fires a 5 loss coach whose record has declined every year since winning the Heisman to hire a 6 loss coach whose record has declined very year since winning the Heisman.

Yep.Home run.

Well, Sumlin did it with another coaches recruits at A&M. Jimbo won a national championship and played in the college playoff with his own recruits. Had the starting QB not been injured this year their only loses are probably Alabama and Clemson (possibly BC with the way they played, who knows how they would have played with Fancios).

Time will tell how successful he is. It's a great hire, we will see if it works out. Same thing should be said about Tom Herman (his coaching record has declined every year). I personally think he is a good coach and will do well at UT, but time will tell. He won at UH with another coaches recruits. I can't stand UT, but I'm not going to sit here and act like it wasn't a good hire last year because I don't like them.

Jimbo being hired is a great hire. There isn't a better coach on the market to be had, not even close. 

Just my opinion though :)

21 minutes ago, team first said:

Aggies in a better conference and have a better coach than all other Texas teams

21 minutes ago, team first said:

Aggies in a better conference and have a better coach than all other Texas teams

Idk about that I really believe the big 12 as a whole was better then the SEC top to bottom this year 

As far as coaching , only time will tell 

TCU imo has the best coaching in the State 

25 minutes ago, team first said:

Better based on what? His record after Jameis is pedestrian. 

Let's see- aggie hires Malzone - say he's the best OC in the country. Nothing changes.

aggie hires Chavis- say he's best DC in the country. Nothing changes.

aggie hires assistant coaches- say they are the best coaching staff in the country. Nothing changes.

aggie hires Fisher- say he the best "available" coach in the country. TBD

I sense a trend.

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Better based on what? His record after Jameis is pedestrian. 

Let's see- aggie hires Malzone - say he's the best OC in the country. Nothing changes.

aggie hires Chavis- say he's best DC in the country. Nothing changes.

aggie hires assistant coaches- say they are the best coaching staff in the country. Nothing changes.

aggie hires Fisher- say he the best "available" coach in the country. TBD

I sense a trend.

You think it could be the culture of tamu and college station?

2 hours ago, JSnipes said:

Well, Sumlin did it with another coaches recruits at A&M. Jimbo won a national championship and played in the college playoff with his own recruits. Had the starting QB not been injured this year their only loses are probably Alabama and Clemson (possibly BC with the way they played, who knows how they would have played with Fancios).

Time will tell how successful he is. It's a great hire, we will see if it works out. Same thing should be said about Tom Herman (his coaching record has declined every year). I personally think he is a good coach and will do well at UT, but time will tell. He won at UH with another coaches recruits. I can't stand UT, but I'm not going to sit here and act like it wasn't a good hire last year because I don't like them.

Jimbo being hired is a great hire. There isn't a better coach on the market to be had, not even close. 

Just my opinion though :)

I like the hire too.  If Jimbo can’t get aggy to the next level, it probably can’t be done (and that may be the case).   But I really like the hire.  Right place, right time.  Francois goes down last year, he would be coaching the crazy Cajuns.  As it is, he gets to try and do what has been the undoable.  Get aggy a championship.   

FWIW, Bert Bielema was considered a home run hire at Arky.  He also left a job that is considered nationally to be a better job to take a lesser one.  Also at a school that left its home with Texas to try its hand in the Hillbilly conference.  Arkansas has been nationally relevant since, and Bert is out of a job.   

10 minutes ago, badndn said:

Needs to see if he can lure K. Briles from FAU to be his OC and top recruiter. KB has FAU scoring at will and he would be instant help to Fisher in recruiting Texas. 

Jimbo calls his own plays so the OC will be in job title only.  He will probably have Co-OC’s with himself calling the plays.  

The Briles name may be toxic in these parts for a while.  It’s seems he has done a good job at FAU though.  

4 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

aTm fires a 5 loss coach whose record has declined every year since winning the Heisman to hire a 6 loss coach whose record has declined very year since winning the Heisman.

Yep.Home run.

4 of those losses were by a touchdown or less.  According to some fanatics on this board, that’s National Championship caliber.  

14 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

4 of those losses were by a touchdown or less.  According to some fanatics on this board, that’s National Championship caliber.  

If your going to quote me get it right

”at or near Championship levels”

btw

Texas was four brain farts and a hurricane from an 11 win season!