Temple 33 Port Arthur Memorial 29/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, MhsTitans said:

You need to get over it.

"You"?Β  I think you'll findΒ many people that believe Karma finally played out last night.

Your coach was more concerned in teachingΒ severance and division instead of sportsmanship.Β  Β Whether it was done because Vidor beat them last year or because of a community's history that cannot be changed or erased, the Pirate team was never the problem.Β  Β Actions have consequences and even "fake" commentary and spin from a local "reporter" cannot justify them.

For the kids that spent countless hours of sweat and tears to show maturity and sportsmanship, I hate that your season ended early.Β  For those that condone the leadership of the Titan's coaching staff, I can care less.

47 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

"You"?Β  I think you'll findΒ many people that believe Karma finally played out last night.

Your coach was more concerned in teachingΒ severance and division instead of sportsmanship.Β  Β Whether it was done because Vidor beat them last year or because of a community's history that cannot be changed or erased, the Pirate team was never the problem.Β  Β Actions have consequences and even "fake" commentary and spin from a local "reporter" cannot justify them.

For the kids that spent countless hours of sweat and tears to show maturity and sportsmanship, I hate that your season ended early.Β  For those that condone the leadership of the Titan's coaching staff, I can care less.

So Memorial lost last night because they didn't shake Vidor's hands all three times at a game in the regular season if I'm to read that right.

Don't say you could care less about it because you brought it up unprovoked after weeks when it's been done.

18 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

So Memorial lost last night because they didn't shake Vidor's hands all three times at a game in the regular season if I'm to read that right.

Don't say you could care less about it because you brought it up unprovoked after weeks when it's been done.

If that is what you get from my post then you obviously missed the point.Β  Β I visited Vidor, for the first time in nearly five months, for Thanksgiving.Β  Β It was front page news on the city newspaper.Β  Β Obviously you don't see how the actions of a team, and misreporting,Β  can affect tensions off the playing field.Β  Or don't care.Β Β 

But trust me, if the teams were reversed it would of made national news.

Well, this is why dancing on another team's grave never makes any sense to me.Β 

Will reveling in Memorial's loss reverse the result of a few weeks ago? No.

Will Memorial's loss last night revive Vidor's season?Β  Nope.

Everybody here was detesting kronos not supporting other local teams yet they quickly decided to engage in the same thing.

9 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Everybody here was detesting kronos not supporting other local teams yet they quickly decided to engage in the same thing.

No. No. No.

It's beyond the field.Β  Maybe Vidor doesn't have the presence of PNG, Nederland, or even WOS this board.Β  There has always been bias.Β  But facts are facts.Β  Since it didn't happen to your almaΒ mater, how do you know how it feels?

18 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Bias as in a mod not shutting down Paks obviously bias and derogatory posts.

9 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

If that is what you get from my post then you obviously missed the point.Β  Β I visited Vidor, for the first time in nearly five months, for Thanksgiving.Β  Β It was front page news on the city newspaper.Β  Β Obviously you don't see how the actions of a team, and misreporting,Β  can affect tensions off the playing field.Β  Or don't care.Β Β 

You said karma played out last night. You obviously didn't say karma played out the last two weeks when PAM won. So what you are implying is that PAM got what was coming to them because the players didn't shake hands. I'm not sure if I'm reading that different from someone else in here, maybe a 3rd party can help me out and tell me.

Also, I'm not sure what misreporting you're speaking of. I see a column in the Vidorian which has a very editorial headlne of "No handshake exhibits no class". I don't know if the writer interviewed anyone from PAM or just went with his opinion. Conversely, I saw the Enterprise interviewed both coaches about it. So whereΒ exactly is the misreporting? And to say you can care less when you brought it up again is a contradiction. So what point did I miss?

13 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

You said karma played out last night. You obviously didn't say karma played out the last two weeks when PAM won. So what you are implying is that PAM got what was coming to them because the players didn't shake hands. I'm not sure if I'm reading that different from someone else in here, maybe a 3rd party can help me out and tell me.

Also, I'm not sure what misreporting you're speaking of. I see a column in the Vidorian which has a very editorial headlne of "No handshake exhibits no class". I don't know if the writer interviewed anyone from PAM or just went with his opinion. Conversely, I saw the Enterprise interviewed both coaches about it. So whereΒ exactly is the misreporting? And to say you can care less when you brought it up again is a contradiction. So what point did I miss?

Vidorian written by Randall Luker whereΒ 12News Lance Edwards asked the coaches and they verified it never happened.Β  Β Guess it doesn't matter what hundreds of fans saw.Β  What I'm saying is, why Vidor?Β Β 

Like I said in my first post, "For the kids that spent countless hours of sweat and tears to show maturity and sportsmanship, I hate that your season ended early".Β  Guess you can't read an entire post.Β  But for those that had other motives in their actions, I don't care.Β  That goes for Vidor, any local team or honestly any level team.Β  Putting your motives ahead of sportsmanship is selfish.Β 

Final note...I donated to this site when they were in trouble, several times.Β  MyΒ post count isn't 30k but I've been on here a long time.Β  I cheer my alma mater and do have disagreements with other fans, like we all do because we are passionate at FOOTBALL.Β  But allowing and defending "political" actions on a tax payer funded high school field is not appropriate.Β  Plus the actions that were allowed by Pak fed an already volatile situation.

53 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Bias as in YOUΒ not shutting down Paks obviously bias and derogatory posts.

Wow!Β  This has all become MY fault?

I'm gonna clue y'all into something.Β  And the extremists on both sides of the racial divide won't like this but that is too bad because it is true all the same.Β  There is this area which stretches from the Texas State Line (Orange) to Winnie, maybe even as far west as Anahuac, north to Jasper and south to about High Island, known by the rest of the State as "Beaumont."Β 

Mustangs win, they are from Beaumont.Β  Port Arthur Memorial loses, they are from Beaumont.Β  Mid-County vs. Port Arthur?Β  Doesn't exist to those folks outside of the above outlined area.Β  Pear Orchard doesn't like Vidor and vice versa?Β  Heck, most of folks outside of this area would guess that Pear Orchard is a part of Vidor.Β  The petty differences that most folks in this area hold against other folks in the area are just that, petty. And they have no interest to folks outside of here.

You don't need to lecture me.Β  My hometown got a hatchet job courtesy of "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" (RIGHT!!!) using a local boy gone good as, what I am beginning to understand, an unwitting accomplice.Β  It was done by a person quite like yourself, someone who had no clue as to the true story but never let that get in the way of a good agenda furthering.

Well, if you want to call coach Harrison and personally ask him for an apology/explanation, go ahead. Because no matter what you say, this clearly is still bothering you.

Anyways, you hijacked a game board that had nothing to do with that, so congratulations. You are the arbiter of what any and everyone else should determine is sportsmanlike and unsportsmanlike. PAM could have made a mistake but can you voice your displeasure and move on? Apparently not. So yes, karma got those bad ol mean olΒ coaches by only letting em win two playoff games instead of three. You constantly try to separate players and coaches with your sympathy. I've been coaching for the last 3 years and I'll tell you something, pretty hard to do that.

I don't even agree with Pak on a ton of stuff he says but to bring this up again unprovoked is ridiculous. But congrats, you get to dance around as the PAM players (AND coaches) are done today.

42 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Vidorian written by Randall Luker whereΒ 12News Lance Edwards asked the coaches and they verified it never happened.Β  Β Guess it doesn't matter what hundreds of fans saw.Β  What I'm saying is, why Vidor?Β Β 

Like I said in my first post, "For the kids that spent countless hours of sweat and tears to show maturity and sportsmanship, I hate that your season ended early".Β  Guess you can't read an entire post.Β  But for those that had other motives in their actions, I don't care.Β  That goes for Vidor, any local team or honestly any level team.Β  Putting your motives ahead of sportsmanship is selfish.Β 

Final note...I donated to this site when they were in trouble, several times.Β  MyΒ post count isn't 30k but I've been on here a long time.Β  I cheer my alma mater and do have disagreements with other fans, like we all do because we are passionate at FOOTBALL.Β  But allowing and defending "political" actions on a tax payer funded high school field is not appropriate.Β  Plus the actions that were allowed by Pak fed an already volatileΒ 

42 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Final note...I donated to this site when they were in trouble, several times.Β  MyΒ post count isn't 30k but I've been on here a long time.Β  I cheer my alma mater and do have disagreements with other fans, like we all do because we are passionate at FOOTBALL.Β  But allowing and defending "political" actions on a tax payer funded high school field is not appropriate.Β  Plus the actions that were allowed by Pak fed an already volatile situation.

There is no point to this anymore so I'm going to be the bigger person and make it right. On behalf of P.A I apologizeΒ that weΒ  Only shook hands 2 out of 3 times. I apologize on behalf of the team for scoring to many points in the first half. I apologize for Pam practicing 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st half. I apologize that Pam warm up routine had Matthews shook enough for him to warm up at png and show up 20 minutes til game time. I also apologize that visd is paying a guy 100k to beΒ mediocre most of the time and run a out dated offensive that mainly 3a and under school run.

2 hours ago, Curelover32 said:

Yep!

24 minutes ago, Realville said:

Like Will Rogers once said β€œNever miss a good chance to shut up!” May want to do some research on some of your ignorant statements. Just Sayin...

Please point out my so called ignorant statement. The vidorian reported that Vidor warm up at png because Matthews didn't want to be blame if something was to happen doing memorial warms up. Might I add we have be doing the same warm up routine since 2009 when Kenny became head coach and has had 0 incidents. Is it not a fact that Matthews makes over a 100k? Is it not a fact that since he has been a head coach at Vidor high his record is at or below 500%? Is it not a fact that Vidor high is only 1 of the handful of teams to run that garbage offense at a 5a or higher level. Like I said earlier you and the other snow flakes just need to get over it. The 2 teams want be playing each other in the foreseeable future so you want have to worry about this anymore.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

And that was my point Todd. At some point a Vidor fan or mc fan will rub it in your face when you lose in the playoffs the followingΒ year, but state β€œwe are pulling for you guys”.... yeah, pulling for us to lose.

43 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

Please point out my so called ignorant statement. The vidorian reported that Vidor warm up at png because Matthews didn't want to be blame if something was to happen doing memorial warms up. Might I add we have be doing the same warm up routine since 2009 when Kenny became head coach and has had 0 incidents. Is it not a fact that Matthews makes over a 100k? Is it not a fact that since he has been a head coach at Vidor high his record is at or below 500%? Is it not a fact that Vidor high is only 1 of the handful of teams to run that garbage offense at a 5a or higher level. Like I said earlier you and the other snow flakes just need to get over it. The 2 teams want be playing each other in the foreseeable future so you want have to worry about this anymore.

If you want to defend the stupidity of not shaking hands before s game no matter how many times you go right ahead. It’s called sportsmanship & respect. Don’t give that mental edge crap. As for as the offense Matthews runs , well when run efficiently with some decent defense it’s hard to stop. As y’all saw last year. The same offense is ran by NavalΒ and Army Academy. IΒ think there a little bigger than 3a and think there coaches are smart enough to know what works best for there team. I thinks that offense got us a share of the DIstrict Championship last year.

Β 

Since you believe we are not going to be playing each other anymore than I guess that makes y’all 500 against us. Lol! Hey I am over the no hank shaking deal but it was brought up on this thread so I am going to comment on it weather you like it or not. Since you like to trash talk Matthews coaching decisions then what about y’alls baseball coach. Little ole VidorΒ beat yall 17 to 0 and 15 to 0 in baseball this yearΒ maybe y’all need to get another baseball coach. Maybe we’ll let y’all score a run this spring when we meet up. I know it was the umpires that cost y’all those games! Lol! Peace out , Football season is over.Β 

8 minutes ago, Realville said:

If you want to defend the stupidity of not shaking hands before s game no matter how many times you go right ahead. It’s called sportsmanship & respect. Don’t give that mental edge crap. As for as the offense Matthews runs , well when run efficiently with some decent defense it’s hard to stop. As y’all saw last year. The same offense is ran by NavalΒ and Army Academy. IΒ think there a little bigger than 3a and think there coaches are smart enough to know what works best for there team. I thinks that offense got us a share of the DIstrict Championship last year.

Β 

Since you believe we are not going to be playing each other anymore than I guess that makes y’all 500 against us. Lol! Hey I am over the no hank shaking deal but it was brought up on this thread so I am going to comment on it weather you like it or not. Since you like to trash talk Matthews coaching decisions then what about y’alls baseball coach. Little ole VidorΒ beat yall 17 to 0 and 15 to 0 in baseball this yearΒ maybe y’all need to get another baseball coach. Maybe we’ll let y’all score a run this spring when we meet up. I know it was the umpires that cost y’all those games! Lol! Peace out , Football season is over.Β 

Wow Buddy you are a joke bringing up baseball and memorial lol. But yea you right season is over with time to move on. Just a heads up to all vidorsΒ future oppents if you want to when just shake there hands 2 out of the 3 times. They will tuck tail and run. Since that's action caused so big of a competitive advantage maybe you guys should turn the big badΒ  disrespectful titans into the uil maybe they willΒ  Vacate the win and Vidor will be 2-0 now.

28 minutes ago, pride at impact said:

I will tell you this Pak 90pct of the Mid-county root for PAM when in the playoffs. Β If they dont it us because its district play but when it comes to repn the local schools and area WE root for everybody! Unlike some

Well it’s a crap load of hypocrites from both communities when they post things like PAM chokes in the playoffs etc... it’s called being two faced... at least I’m honest about it lol