South San Antonio Tournament. ☆Silsbee☆

Who That

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It is mind boggling how competitive Silsbee has been so far this year with that schedule.  For point of reference, Concordia has now beaten Cy Fair Learning Center twice by double digits.   CFLC probably has 6 to 8 high D1s on its team.   They were basically Kingwood Christian last year and blew through the YMBL.  This year’s team is better. 

Concordia lost to Bishop Lynch.  Lynch lost to Houston Christian for the championship of that tournament.

20 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Does anyone now if the football players will be available to play in the Cypress Tournament??? 

I am sure some will start playing Tuesday but some will probably sit out to heal any nagging injuries.  Either way not sure how many minutes they may play.

Last year the football team lost relatively early.  By the time they played SA Wagner Silsbee was playing good basketball.  The result was a close loss.  This is a different season.  Sometimes when a 4A team plays in a 6A tournament they end up getting their hats handed to them.  Just win reg 3 & go to state in 4A that's all.

I saw Wagner a week or so ago when they played Cy Falls.  Yes, they are big and have elite guards.  Silsbee playing with six against that team...it didn't match up in my mind.  Still, you gotta lace em up and get on the court.   

Silsbee could probably play with any other team in that tourney, but not with the big dogs.