EVADALE INVITATIONAL/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Always nice to have a "practice" type situation and still get a W on the schedule.  Stil...lol.  

Bingo ;)   I will say Legacy has some athletes and just looked super rusty.  Like they just finished playing football.  Which they did.   As you well know, that isn’t an easy or overnight transition.  And OF really dictated the pace the entire game.  

24 minutes ago, nativetransplant said:

Legacy was missing starting post and starting guard. Super rusty was probably being polite.......  Anyway, a good thumping should build some character.  Last 4 years we've had some good character building thru December but manage to get it together by district.

I was wondering where their post was (Dwight?).  They certainly look the part.  You could tell they need a few to get their feet under them.  I’m sure they will be fine.  And as we’ve discussed on other threads.  Big disadvantage when you’re playing your first games and your opponent has a few weeks and games under its belt. 

Yes, post is Dwight Johnson.  Guard missing was Forest Holifield. Other starting guard Andrew Potter tore ACL in May and you can tell he's a little timid.  Add in another new head coach (3rd in 4 yrs) and you definitely up the time needed for learning/adjustments.  It's sometimes painful to watch the process but I always look forward to the end result.

11 minutes ago, nativetransplant said:

Yes, post is Dwight Johnson.  Guard missing was Forest Holifield. Other starting guard Andrew Potter tore ACL in May and you can tell he's a little timid.  Add in another new head coach (3rd in 4 yrs) and you definitely up the time needed for learning/adjustments.  It's sometimes painful to watch the process but I always look forward to the end result.

That’s him.  Had him for a couple of weeks in junior high.  Kid was in like a size 16 or 17 shoe in 8th grade.  Haven’t seen him in a year or so but had crazy potential.  

6 minutes ago, no-look said:

I think Evadale was hit by a string of injuries from football. They will only get better as the season progress. 

They were and they will.  I would have been more surprised if they had won.  WOS is pretty good and their best players don’t play football.   I was impressed it was as close as it was.