BISD/YMBL Tournament/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

26 minutes ago, ballup said:

This tournament should come back up with the new format. 

The format was good but this tournament was marred by poor officiating,they need to get officials from somewhere else if you only have 3 good officals in the chapter there lies the problem. I believe next year RcsSports will be involved bringing more quality teams & I’m sure those coaches don’t want to deal these officals in SETX.

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

The format was good but this tournament was marred by poor officiating,they need to get officials from somewhere else if you only have 3 good officals in the chapter there lies the problem. I believe next year RcsSports will be involved bringing more quality teams & I’m sure those coaches don’t want to deal these officals in SETX.

Then use the other local chapter. That chapter that BISD uses is very small now. Several of those officials left to join the larger local chapter.

Pool play is the way to go. Glad they took my advice finally and went with that format.

Now they need more than just 3 local teams playing in to draw bigger crowds.

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Then use the other local chapter. That chapter that BISD uses is very small now. Several of those officials left to join the larger local chapter.

Pool play is the way to go. Glad they took my advice finally and went with that format.

Now they need more than just 3 local teams playing in to draw bigger crowds.

I agree and it really should be all SETX teams in the YMBL because honestly the Nederland Tournament wasn’t great in terms of team draw, Hardin Jefferson,Silsbee should all come back to make it even more competitive. 

27 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I agree and it really should be all SETX teams in the YMBL because honestly the Nederland Tournament wasn’t great in terms of team draw, Hardin Jefferson,Silsbee should all come back to make it even more competitive. 

The YMBL moved the tournament up a week several years ago than what it used to be, 2nd weekend. Nederland tourney had always been the week before YMBL. Central, Ozen, Lincoln and West Brook always played in the Nederland tourney, winning it many times. HJ and Silsbee had always played in Nederland tourney as well. But BISD wanted to combine the girls and boys for YMBL and moved up a week, clashing with Nederland tourney.

IMO, if anyone should have to move tourney date, it should be YMBL.

Oh, and Nederland tourney this year might have been down as far as good teams, but they had way more local teams than YMBL. I attended both tourneys and Nederland tourney drew more fans than YMBL.

46 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Silsbee is playing in much bigger and better tournaments. No need to step back. :)

50 minutes ago, no-look said:

Their only bad if they call against your team. Lol

THIS.

I seem to remember an Ozen/West Brook game a few weeks ago when Ozen won.  A WB fan stated the officiating was horrible and helped Ozen from getting blown out.  Other comments were made about those local officials but the Ozen (:)) fan blew it under the table probably because of the win.  An interesting turn of events...

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Are Beaumont area refs really as bad as I have often heard  people say?  I say play the game and let the chips fall as is...

I always hear hear how bad the refs are no matter what sport or area I'm in. 

The officiating for this tournament wasn't great, but everyone usually forgets the bad calls or missed calls that went in favor of their team.  Just the ones that went against you that you remember!

38 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

ok if you guys don’t think the officiating was horrible you might need a pair of glasses. It wasn’t about calls for the home team it was about all the teams . It was teribble and i don’t care what you say calls can have a dramatic effect on the game. 

You didn't agree with the West Brook fans when they complained about horrible officiating at Ozen when Ozen won...  Same group of officials, right?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You didn't agree with the West Brook fans when they complained about horrible officiating at Ozen when Ozen won...  Same group of officials, right?

We’re you at the game? how could WB ppl complain when the foul count was in there favor pretty much. I believe WB had a 10 point lead to open the 4th ,subbing cost them that game and they couldn’t not make any jump because they we’re tired. They thought they had the game won and got cocky. Only one ref was making questionable calls but the majority of the went in WB favor. Like i said If you only have 3 good ones out of 15-20 something is wrong.

20 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Why would you see it next year. Next year we should still have 4 of our starting five back from this years team and be looking for top competition again.

He always got something bad to say about the Tigers.!! And you know who I"am talking about. They see it they know exactly who he is. It's Sorry if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

We’re you at the game? how could WB ppl complain when the foul count was in there favor pretty much. I believe WB had a 10 point lead to open the 4th ,subbing cost them that game and they couldn’t not make any jump because they we’re tired. They thought they had the game won and got cocky. Only one ref was making questionable calls but the majority of the went in WB favor. Like i said If you only have 3 good ones out of 15-20 something is wrong.

Yes, I was there...