West Orange-Stark 28 Madisonville 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, WOSFAN99 said:

Nope they wont meet cureo til state if they win next week it will be pleasure Grove or Gilmer if they make it

No, if they meet.  It will be in the state semifinals.  Region 3 plays Region 4.

BTW, Gilmer lost to Melissa tonight 35-23

The Cardiac Mustangs did it again, they had me on the edge of my seat. First of all those red white and blue Mustangs were very good and pumped up to play the State Champs. That Rusty Nail can coach his arse off I have to give it to him, having said that CT did an good job managing the clock, and ball controlling the game. I will give that young man #20 a lot of credit he is one awesome football player. I know CT will not be happy with special team coverage on the kick off. Congrats to the West-Orange stark Mustangs!

Game was as I predicted, a dangerous one for WO-S.  I don't think the next one will be as much of a challenge, especially if it is Bellville.  Don't know anything about Salado, but WO-S will destroy Bellville.

Madisonville played a heck of a game.  Their offense made some big plays, Merchant is a stud.  Not many running backs can break through tackles against WO-S the way he did.  WO-S speed chased those kickoff returns, and that was a game saver in hindsight.  Madisonville d-line #51 is a very good player.

Not much to say about WO-S, they withstood a stiff test and showed why they are the best.  The bent but didn't break.  I felt WO-S did a very good job mixing up the offensive play calling to keep the chains moving.  Seems they did use qb sparingly on the ground through most of the night though. 

WO-S struggled to bring down Merchant at times, but had several huge plays and many solid hits all over the field.  Keep it going WO-S, probably a couple more just like this one before you can claim that 3-peat.  

Congrats to the Stangs , hard fought win.

Merchant was a load, and we still haven’t blocked #72. Defense played a great game with the exception on one blown coverage. We should have not kicked deep after the first long runback. That almost cost us this game.  Put the defense on its heels to many times. On to regional final , the streak continues.

8 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Say what you want but our punt/kickoff coverage kept them in the game.Other than that it was all WO-S.I will agree that Merchant kid was a load.

Don't reduce Madisonville's efforts to a couple blown plays by WO-S.  It was more than that and anyone there knows it.  The better Mustangs won, but the others one played their butts off in all phases of the game.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A two point victory over lowly Madisonville. Some Mustang fans will be calling for Cornel's head.

No doubt, I heard a earful all night from the coaches in the stands. I just sat there and chuckled at some of the comments that were coming out of them. Madisonville played a heck of a game but turned the ball over too much.  Congrats to WOS, made just enough plays and converted on a huge third and 20 plus. Also stopped the 2 point conversion that would have tied it.

12 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Don't reduce Madisonville's efforts to a couple blown plays by WO-S.  It was more than that and anyone there knows it.  The better Mustangs won, but the others one played their butts off in all phases of the game.

I disagree.Those miscues set up most of their scores.They did play hard but it was WO-S that kept letting them back in the game...not them stuffing the ball down our throat.That's the way I see it.Sorry if that offends you.

1 hour ago, Hupernikomen said:

I don’t want to sound like sour grapes because I am very happy with the win.  That was a salty, well coached team with some athletes.  However, special teams did indeed keep letting them back in the ball game.  On the same token, special teams is a phase of the ballgame and they won that phase.  I am sure it is something that will be addressed.  Offensively and defensively; I feel the game belonged to WOS.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A two point victory over lowly Madisonville. Some Mustang fans will be calling for Cornel's head.

I  don't see what for ?? We had a bad night at tackling and covering kicks.and I'll be the first to say that as harsh as I was for out play calling. I thought they called an excellent game.but all due respect Madisonville coaching staff truly gained my respect!! There coach is a helluva coach.done everything they could to win. Hats off to them kids from Madisonville showed alot of heart.

4 hours ago, GUNHO said:

I disagree.Those miscues set up most of their scores.They did play hard but it was WO-S that kept letting them back in the game...not them stuffing the ball down our throat.That's the way I see it.Sorry if that offends you.

You can say the same about the Madisonville turnovers. That they setup WOS.

1 hour ago, dj said:

I  don't see what for ?? We had a bad night at tackling and covering kicks.and I'll be the first to say that as harsh as I was for out play calling. I thought they called an excellent game.but all due respect Madisonville coaching staff truly gained my respect!! There coach is a helluva coach.done everything they could to win. Hats off to them kids from Madisonville showed alot of heart.

The RB for Madisonville has seen bad tackling all year lol. Trust me it was more of him breaking tackles than WOS having a bad night.

6 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Not offended, won't get in a back and forth.  Hope next weeks game is as close to me as this one was, and it is as exciting as that one was.