Carthage 64 Silsbee 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

Best team I've seen in a long time.  Speculate all you want.  

I was not playing so I can't speak on the mindset of players but it was clear they we're afraid of making mistakes.

Hell we didn't even cover pooch kicks. Didn't go for first downs when in reach. Was not ready to play defensively. 

Game is over and time to move on.

Just a few quick Silsbee stats;

Tigers Leaders

PASSING            Comp    Att       Yds    Long    TDs   INTs     Comp%

Jacob Collins         14        17      293      78        5        1           82.3

RUSHING          Rushes      Yds       TDs     Yds/Rush 

Chris Martin           16           47           0            2.9 

Dralyn Taylor         11           37           0            3.4 

Jacob Collins         10            2            0            0.2 

Kalon Barnes          1            9             0           9.0 

RECEIVING        Catches        Yds       TDs        Yds/Catch

Tre Lowe                 6                70           1              11.7

Kalon Barnes          3               151           3              50.3

Spencer Uribe        2                 28           0               14.0

Josh Buse'             1                 32            0               32.0

Adam Carrell          1                   7            1                7.0

Sterling Harrington  1                  5            0                5.0

3 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Didn't gilmer have Carthage down in the 4th quarter? Silly to think Carthage would be able to stay within 50 of any number of 40-50 6a teams.

A team like manvel in 5a would beat them by 80.

This isn't early 80s daingerfield here.

This is a very good team, but not generationally so.

No. Carthage started slow that game and then outscored them 35-0. Beat them by 20. I'm not a big homer, but if you think there 50-60 teams in 6a that will beat Carthage by 50 you are crazy. And this is a generational team. Best team we have ever had. Was WOS defense last year a generational defense? Yes I believe they were. Same goes for Carthage offense this year. 4a has never seen an offense this prolific. Carthage has played in a ton of big games the last 10 years, and I haven't seen an offense close to this. You guys just don't understand how bad we could have beaten good teams this year.

15 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Just a few quick Silsbee stats;

Tigers Leaders

PASSING            Comp    Att       Yds    Long    TDs   INTs     Comp%

Jacob Collins         14        17      293      78        5        1           82.3

RUSHING          Rushes      Yds       TDs     Yds/Rush 

Chris Martin           16           47           0            2.9 

Dralyn Taylor         11           37           0            3.4 

Jacob Collins         10            2            0            0.2 

Kalon Barnes          1            9             0           9.0 

RECEIVING        Catches        Yds       TDs        Yds/Catch

Tre Lowe                 6                70           1              11.7

Kalon Barnes          3               151           3              50.3

Spencer Uribe        2                 28           0               14.0

Josh Buse'             1                 32            0               32.0

Adam Carrell          1                   7            1                7.0

Sterling Harrington  1                  5            0                5.0

Did your stat program break on Carthage first half??

9 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

No. Carthage started slow that game and then outscored them 35-0. Beat them by 20. I'm not a big homer, but if you think there 50-60 teams in 6a that will beat Carthage by 50 you are crazy. And this is a generational team. Best team we have ever had. Was WOS defense last year a generational defense? Yes I believe they were. Same goes for Carthage offense this year. 4a has never seen an offense this prolific. Carthage has played in a ton of big games the last 10 years, and I haven't seen an offense close to this. You guys just don't understand how bad we could have beaten good teams this year.

Oh after seeing it last night, I can imagine.  Although we helped by some pretty bad defense as well.  No way some of those plays should have been as easy as they were....maybe same results for the play but not that easy..some of them looked like we didn’t even have a defender on that side of the field.

12 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all beat LE by 10...

Exactly. 

This is ridiculous hyperbole by Carthage fans.

I can think of 20 teams in the Houston area alone that would just obliterate the line of scrimmage every play against Carthage and would likely hold them to negative yardage for the game until the lead stretched out to over 50.

5 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Exactly. 

This is ridiculous hyperbole by Carthage fans.

I can think of 20 teams in the Houston area alone that would just obliterate the line of scrimmage every play against Carthage and would likely hold them to negative yardage for the game until the lead stretched out to over 50.

In class 4a?

On 12/2/2017 at 1:09 PM, panamamyers said:

Didn't gilmer have Carthage down in the 4th quarter? Silly to think Carthage would be able to stay within 50 of any number of 40-50 6a teams.

A team like manvel in 5a would beat them by 80.

This isn't early 80s daingerfield here.

This is a very good team, but not generationally so.

The Gilmer faithful will tell you how they see it fit, but as someone that had no dog in the fight, and was there, I can tell you that Carthage stopped Carthage in the first half more than anyone. The QB was inconsistent, missed wide open targets. They had several false starts that killed drives, because believe it or not, Carthage plays 10 yards at a time, and don't mind using all 4 downs to get it, as opposed to some lethal spread teams that try to bury you quick. So false starts, especially in a game as big as the Carthage/Gilmer game, hurt. Especially on 3rd and short. Carthage was down at half, then came out and outscored Gilmer 35-0 in the 2nd half. 

Both teams play with a little bit different emotion in this one, than most games the rest of the season. Reason being, is it's so big. They give our scholarship money, Pigskin Bob is there, and it's a HUGE crowd. Too big for Gilmer's stadium anyways. 

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

The Gilmer faithful will tell you how they see it fit, but as someone that had no dog in the fight, and was there, I can tell you that Carthage stopped Carthage in the first half more than anyone. The QB was inconsistent, missed wide open targets. They had several false starts that killed drives, because believe it or not, Carthage plays 10 yards at a time, and don't mind using all 4 downs to get it, as opposed to some lethal spread teams that try to bury you quick. So false starts, especially in a game as big as the Carthage/Gilmer game, hurt. Especially on 3rd and short. Carthage was down at half, then came out and outscored Gilmer 35-0 in the 2nd half. 

Both teams play with a little bit different emotion in this one, than most games the rest of the season. Reason being, is it's so big. They give our scholarship money, Pigskin Bob is there, and it's a HUGE crowd. Too big for Gilmer's stadium anyways. 

Yea. They used to do it at Lobo when those two played but went with home and home after Gilmer did their upgrades to Traylor Stadium. 

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Yea. They used to do it at Lobo when those two played but went with home and home after Gilmer did their upgrades to Traylor Stadium. 

And it still wasn't close lol. I got there 1hr45m early, and there was a line almost to the concession stand, once we got to the end of the line, we were in the Northern most corner of the bleachers. Everything was full. 

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Don't have false starts and bad throws then. That's part of what makes a team good, better or best.

23 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That was one of their first games of the year. I can honestly say after seeing them play Silsbee seems like they got all that taken care of

Didn't little cypress mauriceville score 44 on silsbee in the first half?

Whatever stuff Carthage got figured out, gilmer would have also gotten figured out at the same clip, meaning the game would likely end up similar to the first one.

Maybe silsbee just isn't very good. LCM laid half a hundred on them in one half nearly. Kilgore beat LCM by 50.

You really can’t go to much on our first five games. Silsbee had an injury list as long as your arm, also of all the tragedies that took a toll on the team. Nothing was normal until after the LCM game. I have to commend our coaches for the job that they did getting our team ready to play those weeks. Once things started getting normal and we got healthy our team started producing. 

On 12/2/2017 at 5:05 PM, Dawgs12345 said:

4a has never seen an offense this prolific. 

I would imagine there are a few programs that would rival this one.  Gilmer has had more than one team that was unstoppable on offense.  I think Navasota was close to that a few years back as well.  WO-S doesn't get as much publicity on offense as they should because their defense is so good.

Gilmer 2014 950 points

Navasota 2014 921 points

WO-S 2016 811 points  only 69 allowed

Carthage 615 points with 3 games to go.  That is prolific but has been seen before.  

5 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

I would imagine there are a few programs that would rival this one.  Gilmer has had more than one team that was unstoppable on offense.  I think Navasota was close to that a few years back as well.

That Navasota offense that year they won title was one of the best I have ever seen.

I would rate them better than this Carthage offense.