Carthage 64 Silsbee 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Carthage offense is everything it has been made out to be.  Their defense is real good against the run but we have been able to throw the ball very consistently.  Not near as impressed on the defense overall as the offense.  Congratulations Carthage you have already put a whoopin on us.  Good luck from here on out. 

52 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

I think Waco la vega will give Carthage lots of trouble remember what happened a few yrs ago when Carthage beat everyone but got shut down by la vega if they meet I will probably attend that game.

You talking about the (11-4) Carthage team, that was heavy underdogs against Navasota, and lost their sophomore stud RB (Ingram) the week before to an ankle injury? I mean, they did lose 4 games. Weren't even a first seed. That team, wouldn't make a pimple on this team's... You know. Carthage literally just put up 64 points in the first half against a good Silsbee team in the qtr final round of the playoffs. This team is something very special.

13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Maybe, maybe not. I think they could definitely compete. All speculation though.

Don't bite on BadSanta comments.

Team could play with anyone in Texas and I'd go watch.

Besides...nobody but your own failure in y'all's way now.  Most everybody lost tonight.

I don't know what the takeaway is except that was the worst defensive performance I've ever seen in person...  in any sport.  Or maybe Carthage is the the magic dragon of offense, I don't know.  I'd like to ask a Carthaginian if they were able to score on ever 2nd or 3rd play against the worst defense they played this year, I mean the second worst defense, not Silsbee.  I doubt it. 

Of course the coach called it off but absent that decision the only thing that could have governed their scoring was simple caloric intake.  You're going to use up your fuel eventually.  No, on second thought that wouldn't have stopped their scoring.  Because the Silsbee defense was running around and expending calories as well, doing whatever it was they were doing, while Carthage was playing football.  So yea, the Bulldogs might well have scored 128 points.  I'm betting that would have been a school record.  Is 64 points a school record for a half?  In a playoff game?  In the third round?

But kids are nothing if not resilient.  The Tigers can simply forget it ever happened.  And that's what they should do because it was a freakish phenomenon that will never be repeated.  That first half was the worst defensive performance in the history of the school and something that bad will simply never happen again.  And since it was so ridiculously bizarre and since it will never happen again the best thing is to just forget about it.  There's nothing to learn from it and nothing to take away from it.  If you get hit by a meteor would you alter your lifestyle so that you don't get hit by another meteor?  Of course not.

19 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Besides...nobody but your own failure in y'all's way now.  Most everybody lost tonight.

Not really.  The other 8 remaining top 10 teams were playing each other so that means 5 top ten teams are still in it.  And La Vega won handily, 33 -14 over Canyon Lake.

13 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I don't know what the takeaway is except that was the worst defensive performance I've ever seen in person...  in any sport.  Or maybe Carthage is the the magic dragon of offense, I don't know.  I'd like to ask a Carthaginian if they were able to score on ever 2nd or 3rd play against the worst defense they played this year, I mean the second worst defense, not Silsbee.  I doubt it. 

Of course the coach called it off but absent that decision the only thing that could have governed their scoring was simple caloric intake.  You're going to use up your fuel eventually.  No, on second thought that wouldn't have stopped their scoring.  Because the Silsbee defense was running around and expending calories as well, doing whatever it was they were doing, while Carthage was playing football.  So yea, the Bulldogs might well have scored 128 points.  I'm betting that would have been a school record.  Is 64 points a school record for a half?  In a playoff game?  In the third round?

But kids are nothing if not resilient.  The Tigers can simply forget it ever happened.  And that's what they should do because it was a freakish phenomenon that will never be repeated.  That first half was the worst defensive performance in the history of the school and something that bad will simply never happen again.  And since it was so ridiculously bizarre and since it will never happen again the best thing is to just forget about it.  There's nothing to learn from it and nothing to take away from it.  If you get hit by a meteor would you alter your lifestyle so that you don't get hit by another meteor?  Of course not.

Lmao I laughed wayyy too hard at this.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Back in 2008 we were ahead of Tatum 63-14 at the half. Their two tds came from kickoff returns. 

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Carthage could probably go toe-to-toe with 95% of the 5A teams in Texas. But, the elite 5A-D1 and 6A teams would just be too big in the trenches for them. But as far as skill players... and probably LB's... they're as good as anybody.