Carthage 64 Silsbee 36/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers look to take one more step toward a Class 4A, Division I state championship as they take on the Carthage Bulldogs tonight in this Region III semifinal.  Randy Smith's Tigers, 7-4 on the season, reached this round with a 37-17 win over Center and a 52-21 area round win over Bay City.  Meanwhile, Scott Surratt's Bulldogs, 12-0 on the season and District 9-4A-I district champs, reached this round with a 46-10 bi-district win over 46-10 Huffman Hargrave and a 45-21 area round win over Brazosport.

Join Tim Scoggins for all of the action from Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin with the Eastex Credit Union Pregame Show at 7:15 followed by the kickoff at 7:30 pm by clicking on the following Cube player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger Playoff Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

58 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Need some near flawless execution in all 3 phases of the game, Special teams, Offense, and Defense.  Should be treated as the biggest game in Tiger history.  

There has been a lot of history in Tiger football. Maybe not the biggest game, but right up there with the biggest games in Tiger history. 1977 Silsbee v Dickenson State Semi-Finals, 1983 #8 Silsbee v #1 Lincoln: Silsbee homecoming, 1998 Silsbee v #2 WOS Bi-District, 1998 Silsbee v #1 La Marque State Quarter Finals, 2015 Silsbee v Carthage State Quarter Finals. Just to name a few that I think should be the biggest games in Tiger history. I'm looking for a Silsbee/Carthage game like last year, where it will be a fight all game long and will come down to the final minutes of the game. TigerNation!!!