Orangefield 60 Lumberton 57/FINAL - 2 OT

WOSgrad

Relatively speaking, just started liking basketball a few years back, since G'kids in Lil Dribblers.  When one goes Dbl OT, I still want my team to win, but I don't won't either to lose.  But how exciting it must have been.  Congrats to OF for the win, and Ltown for the great effort.

15 minutes ago, TxHoopCity said:

Don’t Orangefield have new players who are real good?

No one new.  But they have 10 seniors which is kind of unheard of for a school that size.  That group has always outperformed the classes ahead of them.  Half as talented and twice as good is what I’ve always said.  They have played together since they were little and play well together.  Tonight was a night where they really struggled, especially shooting the ball.  By far the poorest they’ve shot it through 3 games and a couple scrimmages.  But they gutted it out and got a W.   What would have been a 20 pt loss a year ago was a 3 pt win tonight.  

Very entertaining game - Whitmire from Lumberton was sensational.  The only big shot I saw him miss was a three at the end of Double Ot that rimmed out.  Hit a game tying 3 at the end of regulation and big FTs at the end of the first OT to keep the Raiders alive.  As RaiderGirl correctly noted, was a hard fought game and both teams left it all on the floor.