Cypress Falls 84 Port Arthur Memorial 68/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Let me just say that’s impressive.  If you don’t think a 5A team losing to Falls by 16 is impressive, you haven’t seen Falls.  Best team in the state. 

Cmon TxHoops they didn’t go into the game hoping not to win they wanted to win as well ,lets not start with the participation trophy stuff lol...Playing one way against everyone won’t work they will have to make adjustments at some point or ppl will figure you out.

33 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Cmon TxHoops they didn’t go into the game hoping not to win they wanted to win as well ,lets not start with the participation trophy stuff lol...Playing one way against everyone won’t work they will have to make adjustments at some point or ppl will figure you out.

True ...but Tompkins and Cy Falls are exceptional teams...Cy Falls can compete and probably can beat in anybody in the country. Over the weekend I heard their head coach telling somebody at Episcopal that he put those teams on their schedule for a reason, and he knew that it would battle test his guys. Marshall may be their test in the area , but marshall Isnt good as they were last year, and Marshall barely beat them.

36 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

True ...but Tompkins and Cy Falls are exceptional teams...Cy Falls can compete and probably can beat in anybody in the country. Over the weekend I heard their head coach telling somebody at Episcopal that he put those teams on their schedule for a reason, and he knew that it would battle test his guys. Marshall may be their test in the area , but marshall Isnt good as they were last year, and Marshall barely beat them.

Oh I agree those teams are very good but the excise can’t be we played them to get better competition is every where at every level 1a-6a and if you don’t come to play you will be beaten imo... another team ppl are sleeping on is Shadow Creek I think they have a chance at winning that district ... 

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

No one is saying that or saying they get a participation medal.   But playing the best team in the state Toe to Toe until they pull away at the end is impressive.  To say otherwise is just posting to be posting on a message board ;) 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

No one is saying that or saying they get a participation medal.   But playing the best team in the state Toe to Toe until they pull away at the end is impressive.  To say otherwise is just posting to be posting on a message board ;) 

Cy Falls would be the favorite over every single team in the state of Texas. That's how good they are.

The game makes PAM better, regardless of result.

IMO, Titans could play CF 10 times wanting or expecting to win. They would lose 10 times.

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Cy Falls would be the favorite over every single team in the state of Texas. That's how good they are.

The game makes PAM better, regardless of result.

IMO, Titans could play CF 10 times wanting or expecting to win. They would lose 10 times.

No doubt.   And by comparison, the second best team I’ve seen this year may be SA Wagner.   To me, they was just as good with superior guard play to Austin Westlake (who was nationally ranked).  And the Wagner-Falls game was very similar to this one, close game until Falls pulled away to win by a similar margin in the 2H. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

No doubt.   And by comparison, the second best team I’ve seen this year may be SA Wagner.   To me, they was just as good with superior guard play to Austin Westlake (who was nationally ranked).  And the Wagner-Falls game was very similar to this one, close game until Falls pulled away to win by a similar margin in the 2H. 

So you would favor them over Sam Houston that game would be epic and I’m never betting against Kendric Davis ..kid is a proven winner #WinnerWin

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

So you would favor them over Sam Houston that game would be epic and I’m never betting against Kendric Davis ..kid is a proven winner #WinnerWin

Ummm, I would have favored them over Sam Houston last year.   And I guess I would have won since they won state.  And they have everyone back.  I like Kendric too.  He’s definitely one of the elite PGs in Houston, he’s no Grimes but he’s right at the top of that next group.  I’d prefer a little less of the BS that he sometimes gets himself caught up in, but the kid is absolutely a gamer. 

His team is not as deep or talented as Falls, although they are better this year.  But I do think they are probably the second best team from the Houston area. 

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Ummm, I would have favored them over Sam Houston last year.   And I guess I would have won since they won state.  And they have everyone back.  I like Kendric too.  He’s definitely one of the elite PGs in Houston, he’s no Grimes but he’s right at the top of that next group.  I’d prefer a little less of the BS that he sometimes gets himself caught up in, but the kid is absolutely a gamer. 

His team is not as deep or talented as Falls, although they are better this year.  But I do think they are probably the second best team from the Houston area. 

Ike vs Cy Falls 12/15/17.  Maybe that's a good game, maybe not.  Ike has won against H Sam Houston this season.

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Ike vs Cy Falls 12/15/17.  Maybe that's a good game, maybe not.  Ike has won against H Sam Houston this season.

Ike is solid.  Those Redus twins can go.  I think it will be similar to the Memorial and Wagner games though.  Close for a while but Falls too much in the 2nd half for a double digit win.  

6 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I would love to see a full Silsbee team play Falls.  I think Falls size would ultimately be the Tigers achilles in that match up but would be fun watching the two teams guards go at it.  Put PA’s sophomore big man on the Tigers and it would really be a battle.  I have a friend that was going to try and put that game together over Christmas but he got on it too late after schedules were set.