All-District teams

AHUDDLESTON

Will there be a place on the sight to post them?  What are your opinions on the all-district teams? How many should be 1st team?, 2nd? etc.?

I know a 6a district with seven teams (ours), where offense has 25 1st teamers and 21 2nd teamers, while defense has 26 1st teamers and 18 2nd teamers!

Seems watered down to me.  I would like to see it go back to 11 and 11. 

2 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

Will there be a place on the sight to post them?  What are your opinions on the all-district teams? How many should be 1st team?, 2nd? etc.?

I know a 6a district with seven teams (ours), where offense has 25 1st teamers and 21 2nd teamers, while defense has 26 1st teamers and 18 2nd teamers!

Seems watered down to me.  I would like to see it go back to 11 and 11. 

You can post them here in the football forum.

I understand that due to differing schemes a strict 11 on offense and 11 defense might not be feasible.  However, I don't know that would account for 25 1st teamers.  There needs to be a reasonable limit and while I don't know that I have the exact number.  This seems to have exceeded it.

People have somehow forgotten the original definition of first and second TEAM.  In football...there are 11 people on the field.  If the district were voting on a TEAM to represent the district should they play against other districts then there should be 11 kids on FIRST TEAM.  And 11 on second team.  11 on 1st team offense, 11 on 1st team defense...same with 2nd team.  Just like in Basketball there should be 5 on 1st team and 5 on 2nd team.  Baseball should have 9...  seems simple to me.  My opinion is that anything more than that is watered down.  Even superlatives should come off of the 1st TEAM.

22 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

People have somehow forgotten the original definition of first and second TEAM.  In football...there are 11 people on the field.  If the district were voting on a TEAM to represent the district should they play against other districts then there should be 11 kids on FIRST TEAM.  And 11 on second team.  11 on 1st team offense, 11 on 1st team defense...same with 2nd team.  Just like in Basketball there should be 5 on 1st team and 5 on 2nd team.  Baseball should have 9...  seems simple to me.  My opinion is that anything more than that is watered down.  Even superlatives should come off of the 1st TEAM.

It’s the everyone gets a trophy team 

The times of old have gone away, the 2WR 1TE 1FB 1RB offensives sets are few and far between. Now days there are 4WR sets or 2TE sets or 1RB sets. Sometimes you will not see the same offense schemes in the same district. Also, same for the defense sets. You got the 4-3, 3-4, 42, 50 and so on. With so many sets there is around it’s hard to nail down 11 players for All district. I also think the superlatives should be in a spot on their own. If your good enough to get recognized for being above and beyond you should have a spot above everyone else. Now, putting 25 on a team is a mite much. This is how I see it and my opinion. 

all district teams have expanded because district coaches got tired of hearing from crybaby parents and people on public forums about why their little snowflake didn't get all-district. Which of course they blame the coaches for even though all the coaches can do is nominate people, they have no control over which of their players gets on the team, but anyway......in order to save themselves from annoying phone calls and public shaming....they just expand the teams to make everybody happy

my big brother was a coach in west tx and said they used to start the all district meeting by saying "who all has a kid that doesn't belong on the 1st team but it'll save you some headaches?" so everybody got to put their annoying parents kids on the 1st team, then they picked the real first team, and added it all up. Simple

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

The times of old have gone away, the 2WR 1TE 1FB 1RB offensives sets are few and far between. Now days there are 4WR sets or 2TE sets or 1RB sets. Sometimes you will not see the same offense schemes in the same district. Also, same for the defense sets. You got the 4-3, 3-4, 42, 50 and so on. With so many sets there is around it’s hard to nail down 11 players for All district. I also think the superlatives should be in a spot on their own. If your good enough to get recognized for being above and beyond you should have a spot above everyone else. Now, putting 25 on a team is a mite much. This is how I see it and my opinion. 

The NFL puts 11 on the offensive All-Pro team... do high school teams run more sets, schemes, and have more WRs and TEs than NFL teams?

24 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Ours will start out like this.

Co Offensive MVPs.... Johnson and Jones

1rst Team QB... Fernandez

Utility......

Blah Blah Blah.... 

If it says co on mvp,that’s a crock..bottom line roschon is mvp all alone.to me mvp means exactly what the letters represent.png this year without roschon doesn’t win many games.pam wins about the same without jones.so to me roschon is most valuable to his team.just my opinion!!

3 hours ago, STiger85 said:

I would have to say no. I also would think you would compare the All-Pro team to a high school All-State team. 

Wellll... lol..hate to break it to ya bud.. but the HIGH SCHOOL ALL STATE team is done exactly like the All Pro team.

This is the hidden content, please

But you meant All District.  My point remains the same...the NFL runs more 4 and 5 reciever sets than anyone.  Still only 2 on the All Pro team.  Doesn’t matter.  1st TEAM literally means the 11 that would represent the district/region/state/league

21 minutes ago, chorizo said:

If it says co on mvp,that’s a crock..bottom line roschon is mvp all alone.to me mvp means exactly what the letters represent.png this year without roschon doesn’t win many games.pam wins about the same without jones.so to me roschon is most valuable to his team.just my opinion!!

I'll have to agree with you on this 1. They would be the same caliber of team as Lumberton if they wasn't bless with his presence.

31 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Old school that’s exactly what I meant. You didn’t read to good. The All-Pro team is more comparable to the All-State team, not a All-District team. 

You’re right it was misread the first time.  But...just to be clear.  You’re suggesting that it’s perfectly acceptable to have 2 kids on an All-State team at receiver out of hundreds of schools...but there needs to be double or even triple that many receivers on an All District team?  Out of less than 10 schools?

I’ll stick to my original point.  1st Team is meant to be the 11 that would start if you put together a literal team.  That’s literally what it means.  More than that is watered down.  

3 hours ago, chorizo said:

I'm aware RJ is the best player in the district. I was making a mockery of how they will put 3 quarterbacks on the 1rst team. There should be no MVP, unless he's a starter IMO...