Could it be??

oldschool2

Could SeTx be the reason for 4 teams in the playoffs in small schools?

It’s no surprise how yours truly feels about SeTx football...especially compared to the rest of the state.  But think about this.

In 3A there are three 4seeds playing in round 3 around the state. There are ZERO..1seeds from SeTx playing in round 3.  That’s a little odd.  In bigger classifications there could be little drop off from 1-4 in each district...but 3A and down there should be a huge difference between 1st and 4th.  Just some food for thought.

Alright.  Y’all have at it..I’m ready.

6 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It’s no surprise how yours truly feels about SeTx football...especially compared to the rest of the state.  But think about this.

In 3A there are three 4seeds playing in round 3 around the state. There are ZERO..1seeds from SeTx playing in round 3.  That’s a little odd.  In bigger classifications there could be little drop off from 1-4 in each district...but 3A and down there should be a huge difference between 1st and 4th.  Just some food for thought.

Your facts are correct.  Your reasoning is sound.

Yet, I think it is a number, not a region, that is the "justification" behind 4 teams in the playoffs.

That is 16.

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Newton is not a #1 seed?

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Newton is not a #1 seed?

Yes they are in the “coverage area” but have never really considered them SeTx.  Even if so...in the literal sense I’m talking mostly about the big school 3A of the area.  I’ve always thought those were perceived as the bread and butter.  Exception Newton/WOS

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Yes they are in the “coverage area” but have never really considered them SeTx.  Even if so...in the literal sense I’m talking mostly about the big school 3A of the area.  I’ve always thought those were perceived as the bread and butter.  Exception Newton/WOS

If you are to include Woodville in your opinion of who is SETX and who is not, then you have to include Newton.

Guest ECBucFan

Well, EC beat Newton two consecutive years. EC had a formidable team then. Advanced to the third round several times. I don't know if that answers your question exactly, but its notable.    

On 11/26/2017 at 11:51 AM, oldschool2 said:

It's all about the money!

Guest ECBucFan
23 hours ago, Reagan said:

It's all about the money!

Seriously?? I don't think so!

Without knowing all the financial details about all SETX 3A Div 1 schools, I can presume none of them have invested as much as EC has the past 10 years. 20 years ago, EC was a conservative spending district. 10 years ago EC started to spend a lot more. Now, EC spends like crazy. Literally millions. 

State of the art new Gym built. Old gym converted into indoor training facility. Stadium expanded and remodeled, new scoreboard, new sound system. Lastly, (almost) Million dollar turf field installed.

The spending does not stop there. The HC is paid more at 3A EC annually than the HC's at 5A Central, 5A Lumberton, and even 6A West Brook.

EC has an eye popping 12 assistant coaches, while for comparison Hardin has 4 AC's and Buna has 6. 

BTW, the Superintendent at 3A EC is paid almost $180,000 a year, more than those at 5A Nederland, 5A PN-G, 5A Lumberton, and 5A Vidor. 

WHEW! I don't know what more else could possibly be asked of the EC taxpayers!