PN-G vs College Station

prepballfan

25 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

This is their game vs waco. We will have definite opportunities to move the ball on O. They imo are not all that impressive on D. Can't have mistakes like penalies and drops to help them out.

On O what worries me is their pace if they get in a groove. Better be ready to make the tackle and line back up immediately. They take advantage of confusion.

This is what I was saying we need to do also. If we're just going to run RJ, line back up quick and let him do his thing.

Leander was putting up more PPG than CS.  Also, Leander was giving up less than 180 Yds per game on Defense.  I honestly expected PNG vs Leander BC of that defense.  Here we go again. Another shootout is what I predict.  Special teams will be the difference once again.  

Catch the daygone ball!

special teams kills us every year, last week they botched the kickoff, all you have to do is catch the kickoff its that simple. I hate when they just call for a fair catch when a lot of the times they have room to run, Stansbury has speed to make something happen in open field. Get some balls and run, lets try to make something happen, quit being so conservative. Just my opinion lol

3 hours ago, biaplayer said:

special teams kills us every year, last week they botched the kickoff, all you have to do is catch the kickoff its that simple. I hate when they just call for a fair catch when a lot of the times they have room to run, Stansbury has speed to make something happen in open field. Get some balls and run, lets try to make something happen, quit being so conservative. Just my opinion lol

Not sure how much of that was the return teams fault. All of those kicks were well placed in my opinion. There was a previous kickoff in that game where #13 and #8 got tangled up with the ball. Small fault to the return team but just better kicking. 

College Station (10-2) vs. Port Neches-Groves (10-1), 1 p.m. Saturday at Humble’s Turner Stadium
There will be lots of purple at Turner Stadium for this third-round rematch from a 2016 playoff game won by College Station. The Cougars needed a second-half rally last week to knock off a tough Georgetown squad, 34-31. QB Marquez Perez was the difference tallying 425 yards of offense and four total touchdowns. The Cougars’ defense has all eyes on PNG junior QB Roschon Johsnon. The Texas-commit has put up staggering numbers all year long to lead the Indians. Last week however, Texas City had a good game plan to slow the PNG attack as although Johnson ran for 193 yards and a touchdown, he only threw for 67 yards in a 24-17 win. PNG has the best player on the field in Johnson, but College Station has multiple playmakers and good speed on the defensive side of the ball. Unless Johnson just goes nuts like he did in bi-district, I expect College Station to pull away in a high scoring affair.
Stepp’s Pick: College Station by 15
Max’s Pick: College Station
Ishmael’s Pick: College Station
Brady’s Pick: Port Neches-Groves

10 minutes ago, 22-5A talk said:

College Station (10-2) vs. Port Neches-Groves (10-1), 1 p.m. Saturday at Humble’s Turner Stadium
There will be lots of purple at Turner Stadium for this third-round rematch from a 2016 playoff game won by College Station. The Cougars needed a second-half rally last week to knock off a tough Georgetown squad, 34-31. QB Marquez Perez was the difference tallying 425 yards of offense and four total touchdowns. The Cougars’ defense has all eyes on PNG junior QB Roschon Johsnon. The Texas-commit has put up staggering numbers all year long to lead the Indians. Last week however, Texas City had a good game plan to slow the PNG attack as although Johnson ran for 193 yards and a touchdown, he only threw for 67 yards in a 24-17 win. PNG has the best player on the field in Johnson, but College Station has multiple playmakers and good speed on the defensive side of the ball. Unless Johnson just goes nuts like he did in bi-district, I expect College Station to pull away in a high scoring affair.

Pretty good assessment... I agree 100%...................

45 minutes ago, 22-5A talk said:

Hard to disagree.  

39 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

Perez doesn't play WR and unless there's some tackling going on don't expect much shining. Now I will be hoping for some tackling and a PNG victory. 

Positive thinking!! I know Perez plays QB, but if he breaks one in the open Hughes can catch him. If Alec And Austin tackle we won't have to worry about chasing him down. But I am also a realist, he will get through the d-line on some.....