PN-G vs College Station

prepballfan

21 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

I think yall are giving CS to much credit...indeed they are a good team but yall are making them seem unbeatable...i feel P.N.G will be as to out up points on there defense , is just if P.N.G defense can stop them..i see a high scoring game to be honest 

I think it's just that no one believes all that much in the Defense. CS is very beatable if you can get them off the field, but so is any offense. Our problem is doing just that. If there was ever a ga me for the defense to show up a d prove ppl wrong it would be this one. We'll see

From what I hear, the CS water boys would be starting on most teams.  Thing is, it's possible, albeit very difficult, for PNG to win this game.  And it's not what the D needs, nor for the offense to play great, or the coaching.  It's the whole ball of wax.  Maximum effort from all, D/O and Coaches.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to play PNG football.  As Clint Eastwood said, get plum maddog mean.  Pulling for you Indians.

23 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Seems like you have the answers to ALL the problems chief. Have you ever considered getting into coaching?? You can go right over there to Lamar, get you a 4 year degree, then you can become a coach...keep the D line in tight, play man coverage, etc. Hell Coach Faircloth may even hire you. I mean it's quite obvious that Coach Faircloth has no clue what he's doing...2nd year in a row he has led PNG to the 3rd round of the playoffs; good Lord knows he could certainly use a football genius of your caliber as his right hand man. Have you thought that maybe the PNG band director could use a little help as well? A 4 year degree from Lamar will also allow you to lead the woodwind section. You seem to know it all my man..As a matter of fact I believe there's a forum on here for piccollo and oboe tooting. FYI

The whole point of this forum is for people to share opinions. Whining about the fact that people are sharing opinions on a forum dedicated to sharing opinions is like showing up to a football game and griping that people are playing football. These opinions aren't intended to influence the coaches. No one thinks they are. Lighten up. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

My sources tell me you have absolutely zero football background, and that most of your interest lies in the band. I honestly have no clue how someone with credentials such as yourself could even post on a football board. You probably couldn't even draw up how to "tighten up the D line or get in man coverage." I bet not one coach has ever come to your place of employment and suggested how you could better yourself as an employee. 

"my sources" = "I have no sources" 

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

From what I hear, the CS water boys would be starting on most teams.  Thing is, it's possible, albeit very difficult, for PNG to win this game.  And it's not what the D needs, nor for the offense to play great, or the coaching.  It's the whole ball of wax.  Maximum effort from all, D/O and Coaches.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to play PNG football.  As Clint Eastwood said, get plum maddog mean.  Pulling for you Indians.

You talking about the same C.Station that lost to a Tapps team??? Don't get me wrong it was a very good Tapps team but still 

I saw PNG play for the first time this year against TC, seems like they just did what they needed to do to win the game.  TC did a decent job of not getting in a shootout, but that turnover in the end was costly.  RJ to me just had a calm presence about him and his football IQ is special.  Lord help y’all though if his helmet gets ripped off again in a critical spot, next time you might want to burn a TO.  It was hard for me to concentrate on the game because of the band geek I was sitting beside though.  Rowdy bunch!

4 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I saw PNG play for the first time this year against TC, seems like they just did what they needed to do to win the game.  TC did a decent job of not getting in a shootout, but that turnover in the end was costly.  RJ to me just had a calm presence about him and his football IQ is special.  Lord help y’all though if his helmet gets ripped off again in a critical spot, next time you might want to burn a TO.  It was hard for me to concentrate on the game because of the band geek I was sitting beside though.  Rowdy bunch!

I think offense can move the ball, like someone said throw to the flats and keep their defense honest! Shug has to do what Shug does, but BIGBRO is right it is time for everyone to step up and make plays. Defense is gonna really have to step up and make liars out of all of us. All I ask is that they make a few stops and hopefully take advantage of a few turnovers if they happen. I think with some trick plays we can open up playbook, now is the time to do it. CougarCal you haven't seen Rowdy yet I was live so I was limited to my full potential because everyone in front of me was getting up and running down. Had to jump on Stattrax for going to the bathroom smh. Wont be going live this week gonna focus on raising hell. lol

6 hours ago, TexazBall said:

You talking about the same C.Station that lost to a Tapps team??? Don't get me wrong it was a very good Tapps team but still 

ThatvTapps team has more talent on it than any team PNG will play this year. Their lineup is a laundry list of D1 athletes. If Jackson wouldn't have transferred to KP to start the season they would have had a 6"6 qb that's the top pro style qb in the state throwing to 3 receivers all D1 commits (Aggies, Florida State, TCU). St Pius beat CS worse than Austin Westlake and I would say Westlake is a pretty good team so I wouldn't put much into that loss. They also hung 58 on CS which is by far the most pts they have given up this year.

9 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I agree, but sometimes the game plan changes. Hopefully if our offense is clicking, I'm with you, try to keep it fast pace.

I'm not understanding why the "run RJ" call takes so long. I know it may not always be the call and he takes off on his own, but a lot of the time its obvious.

Heck, let RJ call a few plays.

5 hours ago, bronco pride said:

ThatvTapps team has more talent on it than any team PNG will play this year. Their lineup is a laundry list of D1 athletes. If Jackson wouldn't have transferred to KP to start the season they would have had a 6"6 qb that's the top pro style qb in the state throwing to 3 receivers all D1 commits (Aggies, Florida State, TCU). St Pius beat CS worse than Austin Westlake and I would say Westlake is a pretty good team so I wouldn't put much into that loss. They also hung 58 on CS which is by far the most pts they have given up this year.

Lol yea I saw it, Advantages of recruiting..dont forget about the starting RB that transferred to New Caney ..but still imo they had no business beating CS like that..imo CS has problems when you have a good QB , Plus Pius Defense is Above Average at best and CS couldn't score at times..P.N.G has seen better defenses trust me (Memorial, & possibly Nederland) ..

This is their game vs waco. We will have definite opportunities to move the ball on O. They imo are not all that impressive on D. Can't have mistakes like penalies and drops to help them out.

On O what worries me is their pace if they get in a groove. Better be ready to make the tackle and line back up immediately. They take advantage of confusion.