PN-G vs College Station

prepballfan

I think PNG's defense has improved slightly. If the offense is clicking, we can stay in this game. Last year, College Station was able to take advantage of some serious miscues on PNG's part. Even so, I can't see us winning this game without scoring at least 50 points. College Station looks big, and their defense has been consistent and solid all season. We've got our hands full.

I think we will have our hands full! I don’t know if our defense changes will make that big of a difference! They aren’t wrapping up! The arm tackling isnt gonna cut it for this game! They need to get physical and tackle with everything they got! There are a few people I would still change out! Hernandez did amazing! #36 is new and I don’t know if it was jitters but missed alot of tackles! Let’s just hope both sides click this week and they can stop the run and the pass! 

15 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Hope it's not another Crosby game. Is their Offense as powerful?

There Qb is fast. I think he was a average at passing. I would commit on containing the Qb. But I think Crosby had more weapons overall. I think Johnson will have another big game against that defense. I’ll be making the drive Saturday 

If you pull up last years thread I said the same thing... If we play bend don't break we lose.... If we load the box, let them bust a few big runs, but make them beat us passing we have a shot. But If we do not take away the run, they will have a field day. Our defense is below average and not near as good as last year. Scheme will win this game, and only scheme. So If the best D.C. In the land is reading this... That's  what you need to do to win. If not they will pick us apart, With everything they have. You can throw the 8th graders on the field and get the same tackling results. Our D line is our defensive strength, keep everyone in tight and play man, bring a safety up, and make them throw for 500.... I promise the QB is a far better runner than passer. If he beats you with pinpoint accuracy so be it.

57 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

If you pull up last years thread I said the same thing... If we play bend don't break we lose.... If we load the box, let them bust a few big runs, but make them beat us passing we have a shot. But If we do not take away the run, they will have a field day. Our defense is below average and not near as good as last year. Scheme will win this game, and only scheme. So If the best D.C. In the land is reading this... That's  what you need to do to win. If not they will pick us apart, With everything they have. You can throw the 8th graders on the field and get the same tackling results. Our D line is our defensive strength, keep everyone in tight and play man, bring a safety up, and make them throw for 500.... I promise the QB is a far better runner than passer. If he beats you with pinpoint accuracy so be it.

Seems like you have the answers to ALL the problems chief. Have you ever considered getting into coaching?? You can go right over there to Lamar, get you a 4 year degree, then you can become a coach...keep the D line in tight, play man coverage, etc. Hell Coach Faircloth may even hire you. I mean it's quite obvious that Coach Faircloth has no clue what he's doing...2nd year in a row he has led PNG to the 3rd round of the playoffs; good Lord knows he could certainly use a football genius of your caliber as his right hand man. Have you thought that maybe the PNG band director could use a little help as well? A 4 year degree from Lamar will also allow you to lead the woodwind section. You seem to know it all my man..As a matter of fact I believe there's a forum on here for piccollo and oboe tooting. FYI

16 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Seems like you have the answers to ALL the problems chief. Have you ever considered getting into coaching?? You can go right over there to Lamar, get you a 4 year degree, then you can become a coach...keep the D line in tight, play man coverage, etc. Hell Coach Faircloth may even hire you. I mean it's quite obvious that Coach Faircloth has no clue what he's doing...2nd year in a row he has led PNG to the 3rd round of the playoffs; good Lord knows he could certainly use a football genius of your caliber as his right hand man. Have you thought that maybe the PNG band director could use a little help as well? A 4 year degree from Lamar will also allow you to lead the woodwind section. You seem to know it all my man..As a matter of fact I believe there's a forum on here for piccollo and oboe tooting. FYI

ha ha haaaaa....!!!!! You hit the nail on the head Pig. It's funny to see all these "experts" arm chair QB'n everything. Most of them couldn't coach a pee wee team. Just because most of them are FB fans does NOT mean that they can coach their way out of a wet paper bag.

I like your suggestion though : go get a 4 year degree, get a job coaching high school FB, and unleash their knowledge on all opponents. ha ha. 

23 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Have you seen our halftime show? The band director does NOT need help..lol

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

^^ :) does strattrax have no response? Usually has a good answer or comeback!