Silsbee v Carthage

STiger85

32 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You can join us after tonight! Carthage is just a treat to watch. In a way, I hope for Silsbee's sake it's a good, close game. But, at the same time, I hope you get to see why they're ranked #1 in the state.

Good luck to you guys! I just pray for a clean game, and the players can leave it all out on the field! What a great sport this is to be able to watch and play!

I will definitely congratulate you if you win tonight and give you due credit but as far as any of that other stuff well I will save it for our ventures on the court if that’s the case.  And if it’s not the case then we’ll i will be excited and happy for this team.

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I will definitely congratulate you if you win tonight and give you due credit but as far as any of that other stuff well I will save it for our ventures on the court if that’s the case.  And if it’s not the case then we’ll i will be excited and happy for this team.

And I'll be happy for you guys. Could be one of the biggest upsets of all time. We all remember 2010 Brownwood. I can happen. 

29 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

And I'll be happy for you guys. Could be one of the biggest upsets of all time. We all remember 2010 Brownwood. I can happen. 

One thing i have learned as a Tiger fan,  these are high school kids and anything can happen.  We have experienced our share of upsets thru the years in all sports.  And although Carthage doesn’t slip up often at all, it can happen.  We just have to play our best and take advantage of anything that comes our way.

I will say this. If the tigers somehow pull this thing off. I think they will have a legit SHOT to make ti to the semis. If Lavega gets upset, they may even make it to state, but hopefully the Dawgs assist in your next state title by ending your season early so you can all be 100% for bball.

Good luck to the Tiger team and fans tonight. It's been fun reading and going back and forth on the 2 sites. Carthage posters tend to go a little far sometimes. But everybody from Silsbee I have seen handled themselves well while being confident in their team. In the end both towns are lucky to get to go out in December at support their hometown boys. Heck anything can happen on a Friday night in December. Let's all make some noise for our teams tonight, and make this a memorable experience for the young men regardless of the outcome. Safe travels.

I was hoping for a blizzard or something.  But it will be perfect weather.  Well, so be it.  Once more into the breach dear friends, once more!

For the benefit of our Carthaginian friends who may be interested, that last line is from a play called "Henry V" by an English playwright named Shakespeare.  Since Carthage was besieged and utterly destroyed during the Third Punic War 146 BC, it's unlikely they would know anything about an English play, or even England for that matter.  How the Romans made it to Texas I have know idea.

Carthago delenda est.

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I never saw that game as a huge upset.

Totally agree.  Carthage was the two-time defending state champions when they beat Brownwood in 2010.

So much for history. It certainly seems that Carthage will score a lot of points tonight. They have scored at least 41 in every game they have played this year. And that includes going against at least a couple of teams that had (or have) fairly good defenses - Henderson and 5A Whitehouse.

Silsbee thus needs to score often and find a way to get a couple of stops. The kicking game is an area  that the top-ranked Bulldogs have shown some vulnerabilities, having given up kickoff returns for TDs in two straight games to end the regular season. However, Coach Surratt sees everything we fans see...and plenty more. I don’t expect to see many deep kickoffs tonight that allow Tiger speedsters opportunities to return.

With revenge on their minds, the Tigers will play hard. And they’ll no doubt have a good game plan, as their coaching is top-notch. But this year’s Bulldog team appears to be special. 

My prediction is Carthage 45, Silsbee 31.