West Orange Stark vs Madisonville

tennisbc

33 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Just an outsider reading the thread.........but there seems to be a lot of discontent among some of the WOS faithful. I actually find that very interesting. The reason I say that is what I saw in my hometown was the same thing. The more we won........the more it was no longer good enough. I was always on that win and advance thought. Many in Gilmer think if we ain't winning by 60 the sky is falling. Just my thoughts for what they are worth.......and that's usually not much.

Believe it or not, people in their own town barely believe in this group of boys. Most think we’ll be done with football season next week. Me personally, I am highly confident in what we have. Just don’t want to see any band wagon fans when the 5th round comes around 

33 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Just an outsider reading the thread.........but there seems to be a lot of discontent among some of the WOS faithful. I actually find that very interesting. The reason I say that is what I saw in my hometown was the same thing. The more we won........the more it was no longer good enough. I was always on that win and advance thought. Many in Gilmer think if we ain't winning by 60 the sky is falling. Just my thoughts for what they are worth.......and that's usually not much.

Believe it or not, people in their own town barely believe in this group of boys. Most think we’ll be done with football season next week. Me personally, I am highly confident in what we have. Just don’t want to see any band wagon fans when the 5th round comes around 

1 hour ago, lostaussie said:

You are right on aussie.Some on here think you have to blow out teams every game and then there are some like me that one point more is sufficient.The goal is to win, not to beat your chest like Kong. 

2 hours ago, lostaussie said:

I agree with what you are saying.  I also think that many are just unsure of the true identity of this team.  WOS missed their first two games and then played a Bridge City team the first game, that had been through the same situation for game #1.  Silsbee was great test but it seemed they had an identity crisis about that same time getting romped later by LCM.  The Kennedale game showed some muster!  But then the district isn’t that strong, first playoff game is weak and round two wasn’t a convincing win in some people’s eyes.  I am of the opinion with back up QB in and a two score lead...it was fine.  Just get out of the building with a W.  I don’t doubt this teams POTENTIAL....but I do understand the skepticism of some.

46 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

What I actually would like to know is... What kind of offense Madisonville runs, Is their QB a pocket passer, and How will they stop our running game? Hard for anyone to do but, How good is there defense?

They run a spread offense that consist of them running it 90% of the time. QB is not much of a passer in my eyes. Heart and soul of their team is their RB #20. He’s ran for about 1500 yards on the season. Of course we all know you won’t get by with just running the ball on WOS. If our Oline hold up we should be able to run at will. Their defense is pretty suspect. Weak link is their secondary mainly. Overall , we should win this game. They don’t have the speed to keep up with us. 

15 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

They run a spread offense that consist of them running it 90% of the time. QB is not much of a passer in my eyes. Heart and soul of their team is their RB #20. He’s ran for about 1500 yards on the season. Of course we all know you won’t get by with just running the ball on WOS. If our Oline hold up we should be able to run at will. Their defense is pretty suspect. Weak link is their secondary mainly. Overall , we should win this game. They don’t have the speed to keep up with us. 

Sounds good to me.

38 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

I agree with what you are saying.  I also think that many are just unsure of the true identity of this team. .

I know exactly what you are saying. We are 9-2, which for 98% of the teams in this state would be incredible. In Gilmer that's not good enough. Probably not in WOS either...........but as I have gotten older and tried to get wiser............I have tried very hard to enjoy it for what it is, as long as it lasts. Winning Championships is freaking hard, and I applaud everyone who does it. Those who do it multiple years in a row are truly special. Be thankful that your kids compete year in and year out like ours do. It's a pride thing in the community and I understand that. But for the fans the most important thing is to "enjoy the ride" as far as it takes you. Some years it takes you to the ocean, you get to feel the sand between your toes and the sun shines bright. Sometimes you run in the ditch. Every group is different......... enjoy them for what they are. I'm thru preaching now.

2 hours ago, studd88 said:

I absolutely understand Coach T not being happy with just winning. Its his job to get the most out of the kids and not just be content with getting by. I remember very well his teaching moments. every time we didn't play well it was because of conditioning in his eyes...lol. But as a fan....just win baby!!!

These lessons never leave you, do they? Hundreds still recall these to this day. The program and Coach T himself have made a lifelong impact on boys as they became men. I know you are one among them. 

18 minutes ago, griff said:

These lessons never leave you, do they? Hundreds still recall these to this day. The program and Coach T himself have made a lifelong impact on boys as they became men. I know you are one among them. 

Oh I remember coach t chewing us out for an hour for giving up 15 points to bridge city back then they threw alot u would swear they had 65 points and we had the 15

5 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Like i said i don't see a threat to stop this train i just hate that stadium in Arlington so much 

41 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I think I’m more gonna come watch this one tomorrow night 

I clicked on your post aTm and all these others came up.Grrr.Anyway how you fell about ya'lls game with Salado?

On 11/28/2017 at 5:37 PM, studd88 said:

I absolutely understand Coach T not being happy with just winning. Its his job to get the most out of the kids and not just be content with getting by. I remember very well his teaching moments. every time we didn't play well it was because of conditioning in his eyes...lol. But as a fan....just win baby!!!

On 11/28/2017 at 3:26 PM, lostaussie said:

You are right on aussie.Some on here think you have to blow out teams every game and then there are some like me that one point more is sufficient.The goal is to win, not to beat your chest like Kong.