West Orange Stark vs Madisonville

tennisbc

2 hours ago, griff said:

The two fumbles were costly. One at the 4 yard line and the other at the 25. Both drives should have ended in TDs. Sibley will be fine. I think our over-simplified play calling was a bigger reason for the sub par showing. This is not a slam on the OC, but for this game it was disappointing. This made it easier for Mexia's defense. 

Mexia defense was pretty good or seemed to be.Could have been because we were so predictable after Chaka got hurt and they just honed in on us but they had good pursuit.The fumble at the 4 was due to a bad hand off.Wilson had a few like that and the other was a good defensive strip at the 25.I to was disappointed in our offense but when the guy that leads your team goes down or is limited it is what it is.Our defense did another great job...Mexia was no threat.Sometimes it takes a game like this to register what the coaches preach day after day. 

3 hours ago, griff said:

The two fumbles were costly. One at the 4 yard line and the other at the 25. Both drives should have ended in TDs. Sibley will be fine. I think our over-simplified play calling was a bigger reason for the sub par showing. This is not a slam on the OC, but for this game it was disappointing. This made it easier for Mexia's defense. 

Ima slam him!! The games w.o has been close games in is bcz horrible play calling. He was spoiled the last few years with all the talent on offense. And now this year he seems to get conservative. This has been the case all year. Dyer really needs to know how to open up the playbook. He put qb in position with easy throws.

22 minutes ago, dj said:

Ima slam him!! The games w.o has been close games in is bcz horrible play calling. He was spoiled the last few years with all the talent on offense. And now this year he seems to get conservative. This has been the case all year. Dyer really needs to know how to open up the playbook. He put qb in position with easy throws.

Slam him, and send him to LCM !!!! We could trade OC if you want too

51 minutes ago, dj said:

This my be true but the receiver's need to catch the ball would you agree. I did not see very many catches last night. Let's just face it the coaches and the players are a team. I still believe that they can fix the mistakes, but on Monday the players need to dig deep and receive the messages that the coaches are trying to give them.

9 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

This my be true but the receiver's need to catch the ball would you agree. I did not see very many catches last night. Let's just face it the coaches and the players are a team. I still believe that they can fix the mistakes, but on Monday the players need to dig deep and receive the messages that the coaches are trying to give them.

Ur correct.  But my thing is u can always put Chaka on the perimeter to give him the option to run or pass.but some reason the O/C want do it. Can't understand why we want at least try to go deep with .either qb we have in he want even try .he rather let a team load the box with 8 or 9 men and want change anything to help the kids out.our tightend has been open the whole year and I think that kid has done a great job of catching the ball. Why we can't get him the ball more.

I feel your frustration, the Madisonville  team has some big boys on their team I know we are use to playing big teams, Chaka is going to do his thing Friday I'm sure of that. I also would like to see more no huddle plays so that the defense will not be able to set up. I believe in running a lot at first to see if the offense can wear down that stout defense they will have. I think we will see a different team come Friday. Do you know if we are home or visitors.

First time I've seen people wanting to blame the OC this year when things don't go right.You got a sophomore thrown out there with the first string that is used to working with the second string.You saw what happened to some of the handoffs so the OC has to keep it simple for him. No need to show your hand to the scouts in the stand if you don't need to.I would assume Wilson will get more time with the first string this week just in case he is needed again.We will be fine and the OC has been doing a good job mixing it up this year.Oh...Watson's weapon is his feet not his arm.

2 hours ago, GUNHO said:

First time I've seen people wanting to blame the OC this year when things don't go right.You got a sophomore thrown out there with the first string that is used to working with the second string.You saw what happened to some of the handoffs so the OC has to keep it simple for him. No need to show your hand to the scouts in the stand if you don't need to.I would assume Wilson will get more time with the first string this week just in case he is needed again.We will be fine and the OC has been doing a good job mixing it up this year.Oh...Watson's weapon is his feet not his arm.

And can somebody plz tell me y they haven't thrown a screen past all yr

23 hours ago, dj said:

What coach in the whole State of Texas wouldn’t be spoiled having JD and company?? Come on! Eddie is doing an awesome job. People need to stop trying to compare this team to last years. It’s not fair to the coaches or kids. This is a different team with a different playing style. If anyone has been spoiled the last few years it’s the fans that can’t understand last years graduating class was a once every 20+ year team! There are plays where CW had almost 8 options or Check downs that could probably score every time but CW hasn’t had that much time to read all of them. 

22 hours ago, dj said:

Ur correct.  But my thing is u can always put Chaka on the perimeter to give him the option to run or pass.but some reason the O/C want do it. Can't understand why we want at least try to go deep with .either qb we have in he want even try .he rather let a team load the box with 8 or 9 men and want change anything to help the kids out.our tightend has been open the whole year and I think that kid has done a great job of catching the ball. Why we can't get him the ball more.

Quick answer is what happened Friday. CW strength is his speed and elusiveness. It’s worked all year, why expose him to injury if you trust your defense will shut down the other team and all the O has to do is score a couple TD’s to win??

8 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

What coach in the whole State of Texas wouldn’t be spoiled having JD and company?? Come on! Eddie is doing an awesome job. People need to stop trying to compare this team to last years. It’s not fair to the coaches or kids. This is a different team with a different playing style. If anyone has been spoiled the last few years it’s the fans that can’t understand last years graduating class was a once every 20+ year team! There are plays where CW had almost 8 options or Check downs that could probably score every time but CW hasn’t had that much time to read all of them. 

I have said all year that this ain't 2016.I'm really surprised at how well this team has done considering the tallant they had to replace.You cant coach this team the same.From here on out the defense is going to have to keep it close for our offense to win just like in the Mexia game.We not going to blow these teams out and I'll take a one point win every time and be happy.

3 hours ago, GUNHO said:

I have said all year that this ain't 2016.I'm really surprised at how well this team has done considering the tallant they had to replace.You cant coach this team the same.From here on out the defense is going to have to keep it close for our offense to win just like in the Mexia game.We not going to blow these teams out and I'll take a one point win every time and be happy.

Y r you surprised wos never rebuilds always reloads and when they cut downs on the mistakes the games r blowout shutting out teams and undefeated I don't see a difference from any other wos teams expect these freshmen sophomores and juniors getting it done with the vets

There is a lot of teams that reload just like WO-S but to keep reloading and compete for a state title year after year is something else.We really have only been tested once and that was the Kennedale game and the defense won that game for us.I don't need a blowout or shut out every game to make me fell good about this team.If you are looking for that type of game with the teams still in front of us I think you are in for disappointment.