West Orange Stark vs Madisonville

tennisbc

12 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Both team played and beat Brookshire Royal. WOS won 54-0, Madisonville 58-0. Madisonville has only one loss this season to Rusk 48-45. Can anyone tell me what type of offense they play? Should be a good game. Time and play to be decided.

They run the spread mostly. WOS should win. I don’t think Madisonville has the athleticism overall to hang with y’all.

West Orange-Stark 2-0                                                                                  Madisonville 2-0
Date Away Home Result   Date Away Home Result
This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Hupernikomen said:

Madisonville is big, physical and lots of speed at the rb positions.  O-line is a strength.  Hard to gauge defense in the game I saw. 

This is a dangerous game for WO-S.  Think the Stangs win though. 

No it's not they will hang 30 or 40 on these people to I wanna see one division again I'm getting bored really fast with this 2 divions crap 

7 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

No it's not they will hang 30 or 40 on these people to I wanna see one division again I'm getting bored really fast with this 2 divions crap 

I’m willing to bet they are better than the team y’all just played and didn’t score 30 or 40 against.

The O-line had a hard time withstanding against their (Mexia) defense last night. That needs to be fixed. I hope Watson is better by next week having said that the Wilson kids held his on against the Mexia defense. He made some good plays to say that he is only a (soph) I believe. Madisonville will be pumped and ready to play, I just hope that the game will be played fairly, without players being allowed to hit the opposing team players in their private parts.  Ref's do your job!

12 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

The O-line had a hard time withstanding against their (Mexia) defense last night. That needs to be fixed. I hope Watson is better by next week having said that the Wilson kids held his on against the Mexia defense. He made some good plays to say that he is only a (soph) I believe. Madisonville will be pumped and ready to play, I just hope that the game will be played fairly, without players being allowed to hit the opposing team players in their private parts.  Ref's do your job!

21 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Mustangs need help in the backfield. Can we move up some freshmen running backs? I was disappointed in Sibley fumbling so much last night, that can't happen next week.

The two fumbles were costly. One at the 4 yard line and the other at the 25. Both drives should have ended in TDs. Sibley will be fine. I think our over-simplified play calling was a bigger reason for the sub par showing. This is not a slam on the OC, but for this game it was disappointing. This made it easier for Mexia's defense. 

10 minutes ago, griff said:

The two fumbles were costly. One at the 4 yard line and the other at the 25. Both drives should have ended in TDs. Sibley will be fine. I think our over-simplified play calling was a bigger reason for the sub par showing. This is not a slam on the OC, but for this game it was disappointing. This made it easier for Mexia's defense. 

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m willing to bet they are better than the team y’all just played and didn’t score 30 or 40 against.

Kind of my thoughts.  This one has concerned me from the beginning.  I think WOS SHOULD win but this is one of those teams that won’t shock me if they end the streak. 

My thoughts are to be the best,  you have to beat the best!  Tradition, class, physical football, expecting to win are all things we strive for each day.  We are in the second year of our new mindset and new expectations and strive to become a perennial contender like WOS. Average has become the enemy here!   We have the utmost respect for your team, coaches, and community.  We will show up and play with the expectations  to win and give our best and see where we are at versus the best!  What a great opportunity and gauge for where we are and where we wanna be in the near future.  God Bless WOS and Madisonville and lets do Friday night football proud with a great hard fought game!  

I think things will be back to normal this week.  We are a heavy run team, passing has not been a strong attack this year.  I’m ok with that.  Last night it changed when Watson came out.  He is a huge threat for our running game and after he came out we had to vanilla it down.  Even when he came back in he we had to play vanilla because he was hurt.  I’m proud of our defense they did an awesome job and even 10-0 I never felt like the game was close.  The fumbles were killers but that happens sometimes.  Overall we overcame the fact that the most important part the offense was either out or having to play simple and we still won by two scores.  That’s more than what celina can say.  

Madisonville is giving up an average of 27.5 points in the last two games. Are they more offense and less defense? I still see many teams that score 40+ points a game and still give up in the high 20's. If our defense shows up and plays well I see a close game until the 4th and WOS will pull away.

50 minutes ago, MadMustang said:

My thoughts are to be the best,  you have to beat the best!  Tradition, class, physical football, expecting to win are all things we strive for each day.  We are in the second year of our new mindset and new expectations and strive to become a perennial contender like WOS. Average has become the enemy here!   We have the utmost respect for your team, coaches, and community.  We will show up and play with the expectations  to win and give our best and see where we are at versus the best!  What a great opportunity and gauge for where we are and where we wanna be in the near future.  God Bless WOS and Madisonville and lets do Friday night football proud with a great hard fought game!  

Good post MadMustang.

Good luck to wo-s but this is the first time in a while that some of the other teams I division 2 are pretty strong as well now wo-s has been head and shoulders above everyone for years and is one of the best programs to model after very classy but they are a small step down from last year thank god region 4 will eliminate each other except for 1 probably cuero wo-s is the favorite to get back to Dallas but can’t have any mental mistakes or come unprepared this year these teams left are not playing around and they are after wo-s good thing y’all have a great coach to get after the kids and get them back focus im a tigers fan but rooting for wo-s and silsbee I want our kids to succeed every chance they can good luck to all of our setx teams.