Manvel 51 Nederland 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Nederland is everything I love about high school football. Nederland will benifit greatly next year with the new realignment and will always be a game opponent. Also Manvel still has a lot to prove on the 5a level. They won the region 1 time and have no championships. As good as they are they are not my pick to win it all this year.

Nederland will be with PAM next year and Manvel lol

4 hours ago, bigdog said:

Played them tight up until 9:00 left in the 4th and didn’t quit.  Manvel just had too much.  Good season Dogs since everyone was picking them to be 5th or 6th in district and no playoffs.

Not me!! I picked them 2nd or third... I knew they were killed with injuries last year

19 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Don’t see it changing that much.., unless they combine ozen and central, Nederland will still be D1... I don’t think they would only move PAM

You gotta look at the numbers across the state, dont see much of a chance of Nederland in D1, its got nothing to do with local districts.  A large number of our D2 teams play against enrollments higher than Nederland who is always D1

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

Not me!! I picked them 2nd or third... I knew they were killed with injuries last year

I have to admit PAK, you were about the only one who actually recognized Ned was healthy this year and last seasons demise was the issue with the QB and injuries leading to a bad season, which for some reason people (not all but some) had them finishing low. But I don't think Ned and PAM will stay in the same division. PA has like 2000 plus enrollment to Neds 1500ish. I think PAM will have to face schools of like enrollment. But we will know soon enough I suppose.

10 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Nederland is everything I love about high school football. Nederland will benifit greatly next year with the new realignment and will always be a game opponent. Also Manvel still has a lot to prove on the 5a level. They won the region 1 time and have no championships. As good as they are they are not my pick to win it all this year.

A lot to prove? LOL! I'm just glad "your pick" doesn't decide if we have a shot at it or not.

By the way, who is your pick?

1 hour ago, songone said:

A lot to prove? LOL! I'm just glad "your pick" doesn't decide if we have a shot at it or not.

By the way, who is your pick?

A lot to prove isn't a knock. When your consistently ranked in the top 5 in the state with the talent Manvel has winning the region 1 time and no state titles leaves a lot too prove. IMO. I also know when y'all moved up a classification Katy was almost an impossible out but when DKing was there Manvel had the talent to beat Katy.. If just winning a ton of games and district championships is Manvels goal then they have nothing to prove. As far as my pick it's just an opinion. Just like when you said Crosby would kill NC I could be wrong. I'm going with the winner of the region 1 and 2 game. If I had to beat money I would say Denton Ryan but HP is playing really good.

5 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

I have to admit PAK, you were about the only one who actually recognized Ned was healthy this year and last seasons demise was the issue with the QB and injuries leading to a bad season, which for some reason people (not all but some) had them finishing low. But I don't think Ned and PAM will stay in the same division. PA has like 2000 plus enrollment to Neds 1500ish. I think PAM will have to face schools of like enrollment. But we will know soon enough I suppose.

Interesting to see though. Heard PAM lost a good bit due to Harvey... still keeps them D1 though. I remember seeing a mock district split sending Nederland and PAM to play with porter, new Caney, and a couple of others... hearing we might be with ball high next year too

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

A lot to prove isn't a knock. When your consistently ranked in the top 5 in the state with the talent Manvel has winning the region 1 time and no state titles leaves a lot too prove. IMO. I also know when y'all moved up a classification Katy was almost an impossible out but when DKing was there Manvel had the talent to beat Katy.. If just winning a ton of games and district championships is Manvels goal then they have nothing to prove. As far as my pick it's just an opinion. Just like when you said Crosby would kill NC I could be wrong. I'm going with the winner of the region 1 and 2 game. If I had to beat money I would say Denton Ryan but HP is playing really good.

Manvel has loss to LaMarque (State Runner-Ups) in Region 3 Finals. Moved up to 6A and loss to Cy Ranch with under a minute left in Area (Funny thing is that young Cy Ranch team was supposed to be terrible but those same kids went to State a year or so later)... so honestly how bad were they? Loss to Katy 3 years in a row in Region 3 Finals... (yes the team USA today picked as the #1 team in America), but we were more talented? In case you didn't know, those same Katy kids went to D1 colleges just as D'Eriq King and company did. When one is so busy spotlighting "Manvel" they fell to recognize that Katy was just as talented as we were. This game is much deeper than skill players and a program like Katy knows that.

IMO last year was the only "total" let down Manvel has had. Yes we should have beat Temple. Played our worse game of the season and only loss by a point. Other than that we got beat by teams that were equivalent or a better team than we were.

Me personally I take pride in winning tons of games, district titles etc... I mean, don't you wish your team was playing next week? You have to win games to do that buddy... not just talk about it. We been around 10 years or so, made plenty of noise and we will get ours. We have proved that we can play with anybody IMO... We had 1800+ kids and played two 6A Div 1 schools 3500 - 4500 students this year. Half these coaches won't even schedule good/better competition but wonder why their kids get slaughtered when real competition comes around.  

Now the Crosby thing... I was totally wrong. LOL! That has to be the worse defense I've witnessed on a team with that much potential. I watched those games a couple times each and the offense should have met the defense in the parking lot and kicked tail. Marshall exposed NC last night though. Anyway we will try to continue on our "a lot to prove" mission next week and see if we can beat a great Cedar Park program.

First off great job Manvel. Y’all are a great team BIG, fast, and talented. One of y’alls fans after the game said we were one the scrappiest teams y’all played all season. The dogs should and need to hold their head high. It was a great game. Y’all never backed down, never gave up, kept fighting. And got within 10 late in the 3rd quarter. Proud of you scrappy dogs. Y’all held your own. In a David vs Goliath battle.

42 minutes ago, songone said:

Manvel has loss to LaMarque (State Runner-Ups) in Region 3 Finals. Moved up to 6A and loss to Cy Ranch with under a minute left in Area (Funny thing is that young Cy Ranch team was supposed to be terrible but those same kids went to State a year or so later)... so honestly how bad were they? Loss to Katy 3 years in a row in Region 3 Finals... (yes the team USA today picked as the #1 team in America), but we were more talented? In case you didn't know, those same Katy kids went to D1 colleges just as D'Eriq King and company did. When one is so busy spotlighting "Manvel" they fell to recognize that Katy was just as talented as we were. This game is much deeper than skill players and a program like Katy knows that.

IMO last year was the only "total" let down Manvel has had. Yes we should have beat Temple. Played our worse game of the season and only loss by a point. Other than that we got beat by teams that were equivalent or a better team than we were.

Me personally I take pride in winning tons of games, district titles etc... I mean, don't you wish your team was playing next week? You have to win games to do that buddy... not just talk about it. We been around 10 years or so, made plenty of noise and we will get ours. We have proved that we can play with anybody IMO... We had 1800+ kids and played two 6A Div 1 schools 3500 - 4500 students this year. Half these coaches won't even schedule good/better competition but wonder why their kids get slaughtered when real competition comes around.  

Now the Crosby thing... I was totally wrong. LOL! That has to be the worse defense I've witnessed on a team with that much potential. I watched those games a couple times each and the offense should have met the defense in the parking lot and kicked tail. Marshall exposed NC last night though. Anyway we will try to continue on our "a lot to prove" mission next week and see if we can beat a great Cedar Park program.

CP is missing probably the most important player on their team so I think Manvel should be fine and we will see another Temple Manvel region game. Side note Katy was the #1 team in the country in 2015 I believe. The 2 previous years they actually got beat by Cedar Hill a team that IMO was no more talented than Manvel. Anyway my brother played with DKing at Aragon middle school in Copperfield. So when he moved to Manvel I became a Manvel fan and actually want them to win a state title. Good luck.

35 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

CP is missing probably the most important player on their team so I think Manvel should be fine and we will see another Temple Manvel region game. Side note Katy was the #1 team in the country in 2015 I believe. The 2 previous years they actually got beat by Cedar Hill a team that IMO was no more talented than Manvel.

CH was stacked. 2 or 3 D1 backs, 2 D1 WR's, D1 QB's (first and second string), D1 DB, D1 LB, D1 Dlineman etc... Actually that DE single handedly destroyed Katy's run game. I love high school football and travel to games... I'm not just talking. Research those teams and you'll find a heap of them playing D1 football.

My point was that Class of Katy Seniors we played year end and year out was the #1 team in America at the end of their high school career. We from Manvel knew they were just as special as we were. But people on the outside obviously didn't. If I'm not mistaken that class of kids played in 4 straight state championship games. One just don't walk up and take out Katy because you are loaded with skill players. If that's the case NS would be 10-0 vs Katy. LOL!

CP is still a very discipline team, coaches prepare them well and that QB has won some tough games. We have our hands full.