Manvel 51 Nederland 26/FINAL

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Admirable performance against a more than worthy opponent.   Hopefully Manvel will move on to 6A in the near future.

Nederland is everything I love about high school football. Nederland will benifit greatly next year with the new realignment and will always be a game opponent. Also Manvel still has a lot to prove on the 5a level. They won the region 1 time and have no championships. As good as they are they are not my pick to win it all this year.

10 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Played them tight up until 9:00 left in the 4th and didn’t quit.  Manvel just had too much.  Good season Dogs since everyone was picking them to be 5th or 6th in district and no playoffs.

I was one picking y’all to finish that far back. Proved all of us wrong! Congrats on a great season, shame y’all had to play Manvel second round. 

Manvel had as many and likely more talent than the George Ranch team that one state.  They were extremely impressive.  Dogs were the Dogs we've loved all year.  Went down swinging.  What a season, showing Nederland is still a program to be reckoned with.  The Dogs will benefit greatly from realignment.  They've been one of the smaller D1 teams for years, so the drop will be extremely welcomed.  Congrats to the senior class of 2017, you guys played the "Bulldog Way!"

3 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Nederland is everything I love about high school football. Nederland will benifit greatly next year with the new realignment and will always be a game opponent. Also Manvel still has a lot to prove on the 5a level. They won the region 1 time and have no championships. As good as they are they are not my pick to win it all this year.

I am very curious if the realignment will benefit us.....why couldn't it have come in 2012 when we were rolling through teams lol isn't Dayton a smaller 5A school also?

8 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

I am very curious if the realignment will benefit us.....why couldn't it have come in 2012 when we were rolling through teams lol isn't Dayton a smaller 5A school also?

Yes we are. It could be really tough for Dayton next season if the district has Ned PNG BH Vidor and possibly Crosby. It looks like Crosby might be D1 though.

34 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Yes we are. It could be really tough for Dayton next season if the district has Ned PNG BH Vidor and possibly Crosby. It looks like Crosby might be D1 though.

Looking at Ned, PNG, Vidor, BH, Dayton, ... and one more with it looking like Central and Ozen may combine, if Crosby goes D1