Silsbee 52 Bay City 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Take it easy. It's just a joke.

Sure it was.  Still in poor taste.

Guess I'm bored with the...

"Guess we'll waste another week just to get to where we should have started in the first place.  An all D9 final."

If it's ok with you they'll go ahead and come to play. Just in case.

3 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Funny thing...  During this game, the Silsbee band played the Debo theme from the movie Friday.  Just like Debo 'punked'  and bullied everyone on the movie, Silsbee punked and bullied Bay City all over the field in the second half...  The O-Linemen took charge, and the young guns ran wild.  

The defense laid some wood out there...

Shout out to the awesome junior duo of Sells and White.  White was picked on most of the night at that right corner position and he had about 4 huge pass defenses, with no flag.  Sells delivered the hit of the night on some unsuspecting Black Cat.

Bay City got unraveled late in the game with personal fouls, late hits and started chirping and trying to start a fight.  Glad the Tigers ignored it and moved on..

I have a question about the Carthage/Silsbee matchup....Did we not play Carthage in Lufkin last year? Seems to me the Bulldogs are closer to Lufkin than Silsbee. (Why would we agree to play there again this year?) Google Maps says it's 69 miles from Carthage to Lufkin and 91 miles from Silsbee to Lufkin, that's not halfway. 

Better than Tyler, Palestine or Huntsville.

No other venues better suited for both towns.  It's a fair site, though Lufkin hasn't been kind to our win column for many a game.

Time to play hard and shock the world.

Another step towards establishing a balanced and potent team.  Football knowledge has increased exponentially, poise and discipline as well.

Good week. Time to ball.

The tigers should be very tired of Carthage being in the way no disrespect to the bulldogs but the tigers are used to playing Carthage and if Tyler doesn’t slip down the would have beat Carthage last year. This is probably one of the dogs best team in a long time but they will get a good test out of these young tigers play calling and solid defense will be huge for silsbee and remember upsets do happen good luck to both teams.

Just a few quick stats:

Tigers               Blackcats

Score:  Total                                     52                         21

First Downs:  Total                           24                         15

Rushing Attempts                            43                          33

Net Yards Rushing                         411                        108

Yards per Rush                               9.6                         3.3

Rushing Touchdowns                      6                            1

Passing:  Net Yards                      145                         183

Passing:  Comp - Att - Int           4 / 9 / 0                 16 / 25 / 1

Passing:  Touchdowns                    1                            2

Total Offensive Plays                    52                            58

Total Net Yards                            556                          291

Fumbles:  Number/Lost               0 / 0                        2 / 1

All Penalties:  Number - Yards    6 - 40                     4 - 40

Punts:  Number - Yards - Long  2 - 81 - 41           3 - 144 - 57

Yards per Punt                            40.5                        48.0

Punts inside 20                              2                               2

Interceptions: Num - Yds - TDs  1 - 0 - 0                 0 - 0 - 0

Fumble Rec: Num - Yds - TDs    1 - 0 - 0                0 - 0 - 0

Time of Possession:  Total          25:18                      22:42

3rd Downs:  Num Conv / Num     5 / 8                       3 / 10

3rd Down Conversion Per           62.5%                    30.0%

4th Downs:  Num Conv / Num     0 / 0                        1 / 4

4th Down Conversion Percentage                             25.0%

Field Goals:  Made - Attempted    1 - 1                       0 - 0

Longest Field Goal Made               33                            0

Extra Points:  Made - Attempted   7 - 7                        1 - 2

Red Zone Chances - Scores         6-5                          2-2

Red Zone Scores                     TDs: 4, FGs: 1      TDs: 2, FGs: 0

Tigers Leaders
PASSING Completions Attempts Yards Long TDs INTs
Jacob Collins 4 9 145 69 1 0

RUSHING Rushes Yards Long TDs Yds/Rush  
Dralyn Taylor 17 154 42 4 9.1  
Chris Martin 16 151 44 1 9.4  
Jacob Collins 6 32 10 0 5.3  
Jovan Hill 2 9 8 0 4.5  
RECEIVING Catches Thrown To Yards Long TDs Yds/Catch
Kalon Barnes 3 6 130 69 1 43.3
Adam Carrell 1 1 15 15 0 15.0
Tre Lowe 0 1 0 0 0  
Cameron White 0 1 0 0 0  
Cats Leaders
PASSING Completions Attempts Yards Long TDs INTs
Davidson 16 25 183 52 2 1

RUSHING Rushes Yards Long TDs Yds/Rush  
Davidson 22 54 17 0 2  
Mitchell 11 54 14 1 5  

RECEIVING Catches Thrown To Yards Long TDs Yds/Catch
Roberson 4 4 64 52 1 16.0
Lara 3 4 44 30 0 14.7
Collins 3 6 10 7 0 3.3

4 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

The tigers should be very tired of Carthage being in the way no disrespect to the bulldogs but the tigers are used to playing Carthage and if Tyler doesn’t slip down the would have beat Carthage last year. This is probably one of the dogs best team in a long time but they will get a good test out of these young tigers play calling and solid defense will be huge for silsbee and remember upsets do happen good luck to both teams.

The Bulldogs has NO business winning that game! It turned our season around. Don't know if you noticed or not last year but hardly anyone from Carthage posted here bc we were NOT expecting to win. This year I say Dawgs by 21.

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

The Bulldogs has NO business winning that game! It turned our season around. Don't know if you noticed or not last year but hardly anyone from Carthage posted here bc we were NOT expecting to win. This year I say Dawgs by 21.

Just because you didnt post on SeTXSports does not mean you didnt expect to win.  

I visit Smoaky on the regular, though I dont post much outside our common interests, there was plenty

of confidence to spread around.

No shame in it, just keep it civil and cordial. 

Always the best option to have great engagemens.

Since the LC-M game, Silsbee is on a 6 game win streak, averaging 46 points a game. Defense is giving up 23 points a game.

Silsbee's defense hasn't really had to do much with the offense scoring 46 a game. That will have to change this next game.

Silsbee's defense will have to play it's best game to have any chance of beating Carthage. Tiger offense will score (not likely 46) but should get 2-3 TD's at least. Tiger defense will have to get several stops and/or turnovers.

This game will be on the Silsbee defense, not the offense.

51 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Just because you didnt post on SeTXSports does not mean you didnt expect to win.  

I visit Smoaky on the regular, though I dont post much outside our common interests, there was plenty

of confidence to spread around.

No shame in it, just keep it civil and cordial. 

Always the best option to have great engagemens.

I was referring to the annual trash talk of Carthage fans on this site. I promise you the majority of Carthage fans would not have been surprised if they had lost that game. They weren't very impressive during the regular season.

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Since the LC-M game, Silsbee is on a 6 game win streak, averaging 46 points a game. Defense is giving up 23 points a game.

Silsbee's defense hasn't really had to do much with the offense scoring 46 a game. That will have to change this next game.

Silsbee's defense will have to play it's best game to have any chance of beating Carthage. Tiger offense will score (not likely 46) but should get 2-3 TD's at least. Tiger defense will have to get several stops and/or turnovers.

This game will be on the Silsbee defense, not the offense.

Absolutely. A true test of the defense.

Carthage is 12-0 and ranked No. 1 in Div 1 in the last regular Season Dave Campbell ranking, along with all the other usual suspects.  So there's that for whatever it's worth.

Carthage is Carthage but I don't think we yet know just how good Silsbee is.  Being originally a Beaumont French Buffalo I never discount an unranked unheralded team who despite a modest regular season seems to be peaking at the perfect moment.  There is such a thing as over achievement.

IMO, the defense has always been there...  They played the defending State champ, WO-S pretty close till late in the second half.  Defense was doing good then got tired late because the Offense wasn't consists.  Also, Silsbee's defense held Newton to their second lowest point total this year.  As you know, Newton has been running through everyone like a hot knife through butter...  Then the floor kinda fell out against Shadow Creek and LC-M, probably due to injuries.  Now they're here and I love the way the defense is playing...