Hardin-Jefferson 69 Nederland 61/FINAL

WOSgrad

Nash is covered.   No one wants to take a 60 year old juvenile case.  Although I will go on record saying I would take this case pro bono.  Just being with Nash in juvie court would be worth more in entertainment value than $$.  And yes, I said a 60 year old case.   Don’t let that full head of auburn hair fool you.  He ain’t 45.  

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I assume no one knows the answer to my initial question...

Sorry Soulja, I don't.  Thread has turned into a discussion on whether stevenash gets charged for being a pervert or rigging HS basketball games (for financial gains?). :) 

Either way, I wouldn't miss the trial for the world.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

And points are important in your expert analysis?

He scored 51 of the 61. How's that for your analysis?

Just asked a simple question.  All the other sentimental garbage, you could've kept.  

Next time, if you don't know, just don't answer or just say you don't know.  

Ohh, and ummm, Happy Thanksgiving.

I remember a former Jag Soulja was high on.  Almost always led them in scoring.  Saw him play many times and it was like fingernails on a chalk board for me.  Would go stretches of the game without involving his teammates at all.  If he got in trouble, they might get a pass and then he was calling for it back.  That was one of the most talented teams I’ve seen in this area.   And I was at the second round game where they were eliminated.  More of the same...

Give me the efficiency stat line over points any day of the week.  Factors in all aspects of the game, positive and negative. Points are only one component.  If you want to know who the real players are, there’s your formula. 

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I remember a former Jag Soulja was high on.  Almost always led them in scoring.  Saw him play many times and it was like fingernails on a chalk board for me.  Would go stretches of the game without involving his teammates at all.  If he got in trouble, they might get a pass and then he was calling for it back.  That was one of the most talented teams I’ve seen in this area.   And I was at the second round game where they were eliminated.  More of the same...

Give me the efficiency stat line over points any day of the week.  Factors in all aspects of the game, positive and negative. Points are only one component.  If you want to know who the real players are, there’s your formula. 

Which player was that?  Refresh my memory.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes, more points by the TEAM would have helped Nederland. Not necessarily more from the player.

There was an 8 point differential.  You have a player that's highly ranked and the rest are mediocre players.  I would think it would be not asking for much for this star player to score 8 more points. 

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Christian

Yes, I was high on this player. It you never asked me me reason why.  Reason why was prior to him getting to Central, we'd take it on the chin from Oxen every year.  He came I'm and almost instantly, Central basketball changed.  Wasn't backing down from Oxen and we went on a mini streak on beating Ozen.  He was the catalysis.  Sure, he was pretty raw as a freshman, but ends up by his senior year as probably the best in SETX.  Actually, in that second round loss, he did pretty good!

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes, I was high on this player. It you never asked me me reason why.  Reason why was prior to him getting to Central, we'd take it on the chin from Oxen every year.  He came I'm and almost instantly, Central basketball changed.  Wasn't backing down from Oxen and we went on a mini streak on beating Ozen.  He was the catalysis.  Sure, he was pretty raw as a freshman, but ends up by his senior year as probably the best in SETX.  Actually, in that second round loss, he did pretty good!

Not him or that team.  The kid I’m talking about was/is very talented and works as hard as anyone.   But at least in HS, more times than not it looked like “me” over “team.”   And he was dreadful in the second round loss I’m talking about.  Central’s loss vs Silsbee’s win in the backend of that double header were a stark contrast.  The first was way too much 1 on 5. The second was we’ll take our ten and play whoever you put in front of us.