Central/Ozen UIL situation

Bigdog

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Not to mention the potential to take that third FB coach salary and split it between the two 6A schools, allowing them to actually pay a 6A salary to the football coaches. The names that might jump at the chance to coach a combined Central and Ozen squad for a competitive salary might shock us all. Plus, a district matchup between WB and "the school to be named later" would be something to look forward to year in and year out. This is all positive.

Finally a BOM that truly cares about the kids and the future of BISD rather than their own interests.

I won't hold my breath on them giving the 2 head coaches pay raises but if they do, great.  Faircloth coming to Beaumont...:):):):):):):):):):)

13 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Not going to argue the tradition part with you because I'm in agreement with you on doing what's best for the kids.  I have 4 that will graduate 4 consecutive years starting with the class of 2019.   

The part I don't agree with is that a bond will pass.  We've already had people on this site complaining about their taxes.  The Westenders have their schools, this doesn't affect them, so they will turn-out and vote "NO"...

Oh, I'm sure they will have to sprinkle in some "improvements"  to west Brook to get those Westenders on board, but a good salesman can get that done. Then they Harvey angle will have to be used to get some to vote for it, but i think the Bond will get passed in the long run.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Heck, we're still waiting on the board that we voted for to actually be seated...  The board that's present is the BOM that they want to stay in place for a little longer...

I'd probably drag my feet too since the citizens of District 2 reelected Zenobia Bush, and the citizens of District 4 elected the son of Woodrow Reece who wasn't even sharp enough to file to run for the district he lived in. Obviously the citizens of those two districts are fine with the corruption of the previous board and BISD's fragile condition cannot handle any of what they've had for the past several years. The TEA should ensure the current BOM holds on to their position until the people living in Beaumont can pull their heads out of their rear ends and ensure that their children's futures are taken care of.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Heck, we're still waiting on the board that we voted for to actually be seated...  The board that's present is the BOM that they want to stay in place for a little longer...

And who is "they"? If you are referring to the TEA.....agreed. If not, I am not sure I am following what you are implying.

I'd normally be worried about a new bond passing since the construction process after the previous bond had so much controversy.  

The good news is that Beaumont, like Port Arthur, has enough voters with no "skin in the game" that the bond should pass without any real resistance.  When the average voter pays little (or no) property taxes, they don't worry about increased property taxes and bond issue after bond issue will pass without a problem.  

25 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I'd probably drag my feet too since the citizens of District 2 reelected Zenobia Bush, and the citizens of District 4 elected the son of Woodrow Reece who wasn't even sharp enough to file to run for the district he lived in. Obviously the citizens of those two districts are fine with the corruption of the previous board and BISD's fragile condition cannot handle any of what they've had for the past several years. The TEA should ensure the current BOM holds on to their position until the people living in Beaumont can pull their heads out of their rear ends and ensure that their children's futures are taken care of.

I have no problem with Mrs. Bush and I've never met Reese but my opinion is that everything that has happened in the past, it wouldn't be in good taste to bring back any of the previous board or anyone with close ties to the previous board, but a vote is a vote.  If you voted for him, he should be seated. Look at Trump.  He was voted and took his seat, the displeasure of many...  

Ahhhh so is this school being built next to the Thomas stadium??

And most likely parents will start back sending there kids into BISD schools, if that's the case with over 120,000 pop wouldn't they become crowded which Is why Ozen was built in the first place?? Cause I do work in the city and the amount of kids in elementary and middle school is almost 2x the amount in highschool now

3 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Ahhhh so is this school being built next to the Thomas stadium??

And with a new school do you think parents will start back sending there kids into BISD schools? Cause if that's the case with over 120,000 pop wouldn't they become crowded which Is why Ozen was built in the first place??

Ozen wasn't built as a result of overcrowding...

All jokes aside, I never understood the crazy support that was poured out for the old South Park HS, or the gusto with which administration displayed when demolishing it. I’m sure there were dynamics at play that outsiders like myself could only wonder about. 

I also fully expect that people who felt that they “lost” on South Park are poised to return the favor regarding whatever ends up happening to Central HS. 

I fully expect that we’re all about to take another lap on the old BISD political roller coaster regarding the fate of the these two schools. 

I’ve also read predictions that the TEA is displeased with the ongoing turmoil and steadily declining school rankings of some BISD campuses. That source believes that we’ll see a complete TEA takeover and a conservator appointed to replace the current Board of Managers within the next two months. I doubt it, but who knows what will happen if a conservator is appointed. 

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

All jokes aside, I never understood the crazy support that was poured out for the old South Park HS, or the gusto with which administration displayed when demolishing it. I’m sure there were dynamics at play that outsiders like myself could only wonder about. 

I also fully expect that people who felt that they “lost” on South Park are poised to return the favor regarding whatever ends up happening to Central HS. 

I fully expect that we’re all about to take another lap on the old BISD political roller coaster regarding the fate of the these two schools. 

I’ve also read predictions that the TEA is displeased with the ongoing turmoil and steadily declining school rankings of some BISD campuses. That source believes that we’ll see a complete TEA takeover and a conservator appointed to replace the current Board of Managers within the next two months. I doubt it, but who knows what will happen if a conservator is appointed. 

I am telling you, the TEA is not happy about the reelection of Bush and the son of Reece. They are going to do everything in their power to ensure the people of Beaumont do not get to reseat the very people that single handedly oversaw the destruction of BISD. I am not sure how accurate your source is, but I can assure you all that the TEA is considering all options at this point.

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I am telling you, the TEA is not happy about the reelection of Bush and the son of Reece. They are going to do everything in their power to ensure the people of Beaumont do not get to reseat the very people that single handedly oversaw the destruction of BISD. I am not sure how accurate your source is, but I can assure you all that the TEA is considering all options at this point.

My source is questionable at best...

This is the hidden content, please

Don't judge me. 

When I see this publication, I remember that this was the, ahem, "journalist" who, among other things, made the claim that the Ozen football team had trashed the visitor's locker room at Barbers Hill High during a bi-district football game.  A claim that was refuted by the AD at Barbers Hill almost immediately upon hearing it.

When I hear this "gentleman" speak regarding anything BISD, I immediately dismiss this as a guy with an agenda against BISD.

I'm not saying that the TEA is pleased with the school district as board members who were elected 6 months ago are still not in office.  What I AM saying is that I will NEVER rely on the words of Phillip Klein to be accurate or even close.

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

When I see this publication, I remember that this was the, ahem, "journalist" who, among other things, made the claim that the Ozen football team had trashed the visitor's locker room at Barbers Hill High during a bi-district football game.  A claim that was refuted by the AD at Barbers Hill almost immediately upon hearing it.

When I hear this "gentleman" speak regarding anything BISD, I immediately dismiss this as a guy with an agenda against BISD.

I'm not saying that the TEA isn't pleased with the school district as board members who were elected 6 months ago are still not in office.  What I AM saying is that I will NEVER rely on the words of Phillip Klein to be accurate or even close.

Klein is a cook.....but his info aligns with what I am hearing from other reputable sources.

Klein is right enough of the time to make his predictions interesting... not always accurate, but sometimes. 

And he does love bashing BISD. 

I don’t know what’s supposed to happen when the TEA takes over in an attempt to right the wrongs that occurred and then the people vote to re-seat people who were in power when the wrongs were occurring. Calling BISD admin dysfunctional is understating the situation.... and I honestly have no clue how it ever gets fixed. 

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Klein is right enough of the time to make his predictions interesting... not always accurate, but sometimes. 

And he does love bashing BISD. 

I don’t know what’s supposed to happen when the TEA takes over in an attempt to right the wrongs that occurred and then the people vote to re-seat people who were in power when the wrongs were occurring. Calling BISD admin dysfunctional is understating the situation.... and I honestly have no clue how it ever gets fixed. 

Unfortunately, TEA probably has to take over the district and put people in place as a long-term solution.

I don't know how else you fix the problem. Seems like a certain group of individuals in Beaumont are dead set on using BISD as their personal play ground. And they have effectively "pulled the wool over the eyes" of their constituents. 

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Unfortunately, TEA probably has to take over the district and put people in place as a long-term solution.

I don't know how else you fix the problem. Seems like a certain group of individuals in Beaumont are dead set on using BISD as their personal play ground. And they have effectively "pulled the wool over the eyes" of their constituents. 

I don’t think it’s just one group. I think pretty much everybody has chose up sides.