Central/Ozen UIL situation

Bigdog

13 minutes ago, The Icon said:

BWB and PAM were getting rolled in that district at the end

Best thing that ever happened to those schools was the previous realignment

Memorial had their best season in that district, and to be honest WestBrook probably wins that district this year...

they both need to go 21-6A with Baytown and Channelview in that district and they should move Galena Park out to 12-6A with the woodlands and move Lufkin into Longview’s district with all the other teams in that area smh.

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Memorial had their best season in that district, and to be honest WestBrook probably wins that district this year...

they both need to go 21-6A with Baytown and Channelview in that district and they should move Galena Park out to 12-6A with the woodlands and move Lufkin into Longview’s district with all the other teams in that area smh.

PAM also went 3-7 in that district their last year in 6A

North Shore beats BWB, but West Brook makes playoffs. No hate for PAM or BWB, but they never consistently beat the top 3 in that district: North Shore, La Porte and Deer Park

6 minutes ago, The Icon said:

PAM also went 3-7 in that district their last year in 6A

North Shore beats BWB, but West Brook makes playoffs. No hate for PAM or BWB, but they never consistently beat the top 3 in that district: North Shore, La Porte and Deer Park

Wait Northshore wasn’t in Deer Park and La Portes district ,..NS I’m in 21-6A La Porte, Pasadena and Deer Park is in 22-6A

Yea they did go 3-7 but there best season was in that district so I wouldn’t say they weren’t successful 

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Wait Northshore wasn’t in Deer Park and La Portes district ,..NS I’m in 21-6A La Porte, Pasadena and Deer Park is in 22-6A

Yea they did go 3-7 but there best season was in that district so I wouldn’t say they weren’t successful 

The district I'm referring to is the old 21-6A/5A with: West Brook, PAM, Deer Park, North Shore, La Porte, Channelview and Sterling

No doubt West Brook would've done well in the current Pasadena District - only real challenge would've been Deer Park this year I think

On 12/2/2017 at 10:00 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ummm...

Talked to friend about the possible Central/Ozen merger.  Came to the conclusion that:

The football team probably won't make the playoffs first year.  Beakng in 6a, you'll be in a district with West Brook.  They'll be good again next year, and if they're in the district with North Shore and the rest of those teams, they won't get in past NS, WB, Or any of those guys. Definitely not if they're in the district with the Humble schools (Atascocita, Summer Creek, ect.) . 

Basketball, they'll have the most success.  Central and Ozen never has problems with Basketball talent.  They'd probably my be an instant state contender.

Track, they'd be very good as well.  Athletes everywhere.

Baseball, uhh, no.  Soccer, maybe. 

Obviously, lots of things at play here.  Which parents are going to fully support the new school and what coaches will get the positions.  So many ways this thing can go.  I'm just interested in what numbers Mr. Jackson and the administration will go with this.  

For the most part I agree with you buddy.  It just depends on who the other 6 teams in the district are besides West Brook.  

I still ask the question, if the main building at Central is not going to be used anymore, why does it look like a turnaround at one of your local plants over there everyday?

54 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

For the most part I agree with you buddy.  It just depends on who the other 6 teams in the district are besides West Brook.  

I still ask the question, if the main building at Central is not going to be used anymore, why does it look like a turnaround at one of your local plants over there everyday?

I've been told you I seen trucks and crews there working...

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, Jag Insider said:

BISD can invest the money in the building and, even in the case of a merger, use it in another capacity. This isn't about a lack of facilities as much as it is about an opportunity to do what should've been done long ago. No need for three high schools in Beaumont and this is a convenient excuse to make that a reality. it's the right decision.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Any news on this situation......i ve been out in mother nature the last 4 or so weeks

Nope, expecting it next Thursday, the 18th, at the next BISD school board meeting.  Most people in the city feel that the BOM's decision is already made to merge, just waiting on it to be officially announced and to see how they will do the rezoning.