Central/Ozen UIL situation

Bigdog

9 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Lets have your way then. 

GOING FORWARD, lets see Jag and Soulja self-restrict themselves to commenting ONLY on BISD teams and BISD issues. No more posts whatsoever outside of BISD. No mid county, no Hardin county, no nothing, no exceptions. BISD and BISD only for you two. 

We will be watching, thanks. 

I simply stated that I agree with Jag Insider.  Sorry you feel some kind of way about that...

Guest ECBucFan
6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Some would like that.  No thanks.  I'm here to keep the 'balanced intact.  Remember, I'm Mr. Devil's advocate (according to you) .

No way. Put up or shut up. You have no right to comment on Nederland or any other school outside BISD after today.

You painted yourself into a corner, now stay there. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Some great suggestions, Ashley...  

Maroon and blue is cool with me.  Oiler or hurricane would be cool,  it I would love the big cat theme to stay...  

Yea I actually like the Panthers or Jaguars but as seeing you would have to compromise and pick another big Cat (Lions,Wildcats,Tigers ect) which arr over used why not be unique and go a diff route you know 

10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Think the area is known more for Oil and Hurricanes among other things more than Steel 

How about just keep all 3 teams the same, fix Central and redraw those like the right way.  No one loses their job, everyone is happy.  You'd have to swallow the cost, but our kids are worth it, imo.

13 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

No way. Put up or shut up. You have no right to comment on Nederland or any other school outside BISD after today.

You painted yourself into a corner, now stay there. 

You do realize that I didn't say it, I only agreed.  So, you want all to post about their teams county, and city?  That is, without a doubt the asinine thing that I've heard all year.  

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

How about just keep all 3 teams the same, fix Central and redraw those like the right way.  No one loses their job, everyone is happy.  You'd have to swallow the cost, but our kids are worth it, imo.

Soulja i know how you feel about not wanting to close the schools down , same way i felt when they closed French down , but it didn't turn out to be that bad, plus with the shape the district is in no one would lose jobs,  hell they need staff everywhere .theyll just be relocated to a different campus , plus the kids deserve a newer campus. Centrals been there since I was in school and my nephew went there and told me about the facilities

10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Soulja i know how you feel about not wanting to close the schools down , same way i felt when they closed French down , but it didn't turn out to be that bad, plus with the shape the district is in no one would lose jobs,  hell they need staff everywhere .theyll just be relocated to a different campus , plus the kids deserve a newer campus. Centrals been there since I was in school and my nephew went there and told me about the facilities

People will lose jobs.  You can't promise the teachers, coaches, and other workers jobs if the new school is built...  So the current workers will lose jobs or have to take a demotion.  Lots of those workers, most whom I know bussed tail to get that position.  Most of those workers have children in the district.  How do you think that'll pan out?

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You do realize that I didn't say it, I only agreed.  So, you want all to post about their teams county, and city?  That is, without a doubt the asinine thing that I've heard all year.  

Not all, just you. Since you ridicule folks for commenting about BISD issues, stating it's none of their business unless they have kids in the schools.

Taxpayers have all the right to comment.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not all, just you. Since you ridicule folks for commenting about BISD issues, stating it's none of their business unless they have kids in the schools.

Taxpayers have all the right to comment.

I guess the 'prev' button isn't showing up on you're screen.  Smh.

I guess when  'cheerleading' , you don't need to read previous posts much.  

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

People will lose jobs.  You can't promise the teachers, coaches, and other workers jobs if the new school is built...  So the current workers will lose jobs or have to take a demotion.  Lots of those workers, most whom I know bussed tail to get that position.  Most of those workers have children in the district.  How do you think that'll pan out?

As do I, the only ones I feel won't be retained are coaches , other then that I'm subbing now on days I don't have anything to do, and you should hear which im sure you have, how bad BISD needs staff/teachers. Idk if you knew but they've even talked about the idea of teachers not having to have a certification now and just being hired . Maybe demotion but I don't see people just being thrown to the curve , when they're already in short supply 

18 minutes ago, D3zii said:

As do I, the only ones I feel won't be retained are coaches , other then that I'm subbing now on days I don't have anything to do, and you should hear which im sure you have, how bad BISD needs staff/teachers. Idk if you knew but they've even talked about the idea of teachers not having to have a certification now and just being hired . Maybe demotion but I don't see people just being thrown to the curve , when they're already in short supply 

Yes, I've heard of all that.  But with a new school, I'm sure the staff at Ozen and Central will far exceed the open positions available at the new school...

31 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes, I've heard of all that.  But with a new school, I'm sure the staff at Ozen and Central will far exceed the open positions available at the new school...

With the enrollment of more then 3,000 kids maybe not and even If they do staff is needed throughout BISD, thats why i mentioned earlier of being at other schools, but I see your point Soulja trust me, I felt the same way back in the day. It's alot of positives that can come from this in due time. Central is out dated and should have been delt with a long time ago , they just keep putting bandaids on gun shots with that school, you know lol. Now if they had renovated or built a new one WE probably wouldn't even be having this conversation 

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

With the enrollment of more then 3,000 kids maybe not and even If they do staff is needed throughout BISD, thats why i mentioned earlier of being at other schools, but I see your point Soulja trust me, I felt the same way back in the day. It's alot of positives that can come from this in due time. Central is out dated and should have been delt with a long time ago , they just keep putting bandaids on gun shots with that school, you know lol. Now if they had renovated or built a new one WE probably wouldn't even be having this conversation 

Yep, true...

20 hours ago, D3zii said:

Nah, if we're gonna do it please don't do lions , do something unique. Everyone is a lion or a Tiger. Let's get away from the cat theme like Port Arthur got away from the flying insect theme lol..Lets do Hurricanes or Oilers 

I LOVE the hurricanes but the people around here might be a little sensitive too it...

9 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Lets have your way then. 

GOING FORWARD, lets see Jag and Soulja self-restrict themselves to commenting ONLY on BISD teams and BISD issues. No more posts whatsoever outside of BISD. No mid county, no Hardin county, no nothing, no exceptions. BISD and BISD only for you two. 

We will be watching, thanks. 

Besides maybe a game/score prediction, you won't catch me in too many other threads if it's not Central, Ozen or West Brook.  I have a life, a wife, kids, a job and a nice new shiny bass boat that demands my time.  Even though I use to coach at one, I don't even comment on the private schools in Beaumont.  With the exception of WO-S and Kirbyville (family to come out of both), I don't comment on small school ball. 

The only thing I care to know about East Chambers, is that the school is in Winnie.  The only thing I care to know about Winnie is that when me and my boys get through supporting the Bulldogs and Indians tonight at NRG, I'll be 20 minutes from home when I pass through it...

7 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Besides maybe a game/score prediction, you won't catch me in too many other threads if it's not Central, Ozen or West Brook.  I have a life, a wife, kids, a job and a nice new shiny bass boat that demands my time.  Even though I use to coach at one, I don't even comment on the private schools in Beaumont.  With the exception of WO-S and Kirbyville (family to come out of both), I don't comment on small school ball. 

The only thing I care to know about East Chambers, is that the school is in Winnie.  The only thing I care to know about Winnie is that when me and my boys get through supporting the Bulldogs and Indians tonight at NRG, I'll be 20 minutes from home when I pass through it...

Ey, you can support another small school about 20 miles north or Beaumont, for at least another year.    Lol

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Some would like that.  No thanks.  I'm here to keep the 'balanced intact.  Remember, I'm Mr. Devil's advocate (according to you) .

What?? Our number one fan off limits? nahhh.... no bigger supported of Ned when they ran through district for 4 straight years in a row :) not to mention a huge Toby fan also....okay I'm done with the sarcasm. I really think Central and Ozen should combine and give Westbrook a run for their money, and my vote is the Hurricanes..... Red and Black...... Name the offense the Cat 5 squad (have Larry Neumann come out of retirement to coach them.... okay I'm done) for real though. Give it a fresh start for the two schools and BISD. Just my opinion.

47 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

What?? Our number one fan off limits? nahhh.... no bigger supported of Ned when they ran through district for 4 straight years in a row :) not to mention a huge Toby fan also....okay I'm done with the sarcasm. I really think Central and Ozen should combine and give Westbrook a run for their money, and my vote is the Hurricanes..... Red and Black...... Name the offense the Cat 5 squad (have Larry Neumann come out of retirement to coach them.... okay I'm done) for real though. Give it a fresh start for the two schools and BISD. Just my opinion.

That old man wouldn't come out of retirement for us... Nederland, 4 straight district titles?  Thing of the past...  Won't happen again..