Central/Ozen UIL situation

Bigdog

27 minutes ago, baddog said:

Not a Greenie. Not a West ender. Don't own a rent house in Beaumont. Can't make money doing that. Own 10 acres and pay more taxes than you. Man, I got both of you riled up over things that will happen. You will see.

Funny things at play here.  You assume that you know how much I pay in city tax (by stating that you pay more taxes than myself and Jag Insider) .  

Also, I do believe you have close ties to Beaumont as you pay taxes here.  Seemed to me that you got pretty ruffled at the comments about Central and seem invested with South Park.  

But whatever.  

The entire situation will be handled accordingly with or without your consent...

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Funny things at play here.  You assume that you know how much I pay in city tax (by stating that you pay more taxes than myself and Jag Insider) .  

Also, I do believe you have close ties to Beaumont as you pay taxes here.  Seemed to me that you got pretty ruffled at the comments about Central and seem invested with South Park.  

But whatever.  

The entire situation will be handled accordingly with or without your consent...

Not ruffled at all. Stating some facts about BISD gets people all stirred up. Maybe I don't pay more taxes than you, but you made quite a few assumptions about me too. Your consent will have nothing to do with the outcome either. 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Can somebody answer me this?  Why was Ozen opened in the first place?

It didn't seem to make sense only 12 years after BISD consolidated four high schools (French, Beaumont-Charlton-Pollard, West Brook and South Park) into 2 (Central and West Brook) to open a new high school.  What was the impetus behind that as it sure didn't make fiscal sense.

Good question...

When West Orange Cove and Stark High combined to become WOS in 1977 the kids got to vote on school colors and mascot. It was not a popular decision at the time, but it was the right decision for the school district.  I was a West Orange Chief and I have a lot of friends who were Stark Tigers, Now we all sit together at WOS games.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Wishing? Just a fact of life. Yes, they will move their players to other towns. I also forgot that Beaumont students can attend the achool of their choice so there has already been some jockeying for positions. I couldn't care less where they go. I don't live in Nederland. I pay Beaumont taxes.

I could care less/ I couldn't care

(thank me later *wink)*

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've had several close relatives that's walked through those halls, the Middle School, that is.  I would know.  The people still holding on to the high school days and made a big stink about its demolition didn't even have kids or relatives there and just wanted the old eyesore to remain, only because of nostalgia purposes...  

Central has been in poor condition for at least 20 years.  I assume that Harvey only made things worse as Harvey couldn't have made things better...

Thank you!