Central/Ozen UIL situation

Bigdog

They'll definitely make a decision on time.  Question is, which decision will it be?  So many variables.  So much ' numbers crunching '. Also many others issues if this is done wrong.  Also, this particular board is not the elected board, the board we voted for not too long ago, so many of us question their concern of this whole ordeal.  Seems like they couldn't give a rats you know what about athletics in Beaumont....

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They'll definitely make a decision on time.  Question is, which decision will it be?  So many variables.  So much ' numbers crunching '. Also many others issues if this is done wrong.  Also, this particular board is not the elected board, the board we voted for not too long ago, so many of us question their concern of this whole ordeal.  Seems like they couldn't give a rats you know what about athletics in Beaumont....

Just curious which way you think they should go. It seems like no matter what decision they make, some people will be happy and some will be upset. Hopefully know matter the outcome they think of the kids first because hell that's what its suppose to be about any ways.  

20 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Just curious which way you think they should go. It seems like no matter what decision they make, some people will be happy and some will be upset. Hopefully know matter the outcome they think of the kids first because hell that's what its suppose to be about any ways.  

My opinion, and it will sound biased because I bleed Maroon and Gray... And because after this year, I'll have no kids there...

I think they should just poney up the dough, get the numbers together and fix/ rebuild Central (long term).  They need the short term solution, but I don't think it should be at Ozen.  Those kids won't mesh and it'll be a huge mess.  

This wouldn't have been an issue had Ozen not been opened from jump street.

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My opinion, and it will sound biased because I bleed Maroon and Gray... And because after this year, I'll have no kids there...

I think they should just poney up the dough, get the numbers together and fix/ rebuild Central (long term).  They need the short term solution, but I don't think it should be at Ozen.  Those kids won't mesh and it'll be a huge mess.  

This wouldn't have been an issue had Ozen not been opened from jump street.

Exactly! Never liked the opening of Ozen! Go back to two schools. Give the kids a new campus. Keep the names Central and West Brook. Rename the stadium Clifton J. Ozen Stadium.

8 hours ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Just seeing this thread...

Me personally, turn Smith into Central.  Use the insurance money to make the campus suitable for a high school and carry on...

JAG4LIFE

7 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Just seeing this thread...

Me personally, turn Smith into Central.  Use the insurance money to make the campus suitable for a high school and carry on...

JAG4LIFE

Like I said, if it is not feasible to make the current Central campus suitable,  than I'd prefer to make Smith the new Central.  If they chose to merge Central and Ozen, then it is what it is.  Either way, next year I'll have a Senior, a Junior, a Sophomore and a Freshman...and they won't be Bruins.

10 hours ago, bigdog said:

Some interesting information here, I was aware that they had to make a decision by January, I wasn't aware that they wouldn't be able to play varsity sports if they didn't.  Among all of the other logistical issues that go with the decision of course.

This is the hidden content, please

His 1st year as AD, he will not make that mistake.  He will turn in an answer.  

1 hour ago, TexazBall said:

Lol so much history if they go away from Central,  

But my interest is intrigued at a Central/Ozen high school and athletics program ...The biggest factor would be finding coaches to maximize all that talent 

Yep, over 30 years lost...

Well I was talking to someone about that this week.  Would the AD fill all head coaching vacancies using coaches between the 2 schools or would he open them up for outside candidates?  

But I'm still holding out hope...

9 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Like I said, if it is not feasible to make the current Central campus suitable,  than I'd prefer to make Smith the new Central.  If they chose to merge Central and Ozen, then it is what it is.  Either way, next year I'll have a Senior, a Junior, a Sophomore and a Freshman...and they won't be Bruins.

Would there be enough room to grow the campus at Smith long term?  Probably need double the classrooms and build facilities for Athletics and other extra curricular activities.