Should PAM's Jones be starting on both sides of the ball??

PortArthur33

The further they go in the playoffs, the more their secondary will be tested and that has been the achilles heel so to speak of the defense. Jones is a true athlete and could be used at Safety.  He did well in the past on defense.  I'm sure PNG's qb will be used a lil more on defense goin forward.  Gotta do what u gotta do. 

I say yes..   although 've is valuable as heck on offense.  You gotta do what you gotta do for the team.  If it increases your chance to win, then heck yea.  In the playoffs, you can't hold back because if you lose, you don't want to have had something else left in your arsenal that you 'could have used'.

4 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Memorial actually has a backup who can throw the ball surely better than they have now. The trade off if jones got hurt would be decline in running game if anything. Them again, they have rbs behind hines they don't use often.

Yea, that's a big topic in the barber shops around the city.  All of the above.

7 minutes ago, PortArthur33 said:

Yea, that's a big topic in the barber shops around the city.  All of the above.

well time will tell if any changes are made. with coaches they usually roll with what they are comfortable with whether its to the benefit or detriment of the team. I know one kid for sure who almost came over to png with shug, would have far and away been the starter if he would have made the move. Buried on the depth chart there in PA. Smallish but fast and elusive. I guess my point is, the titans got a lot of weapons they keep in the cupboard. Playoffs to me is when you let it all out.

36 minutes ago, The Goat said:

Those  guys  also  said Jones  should be the  qb over Harrison  the last two seasons.  

I will say this.  This is from my lil perspective.  Against tough teams (PNG, Ned) you go with your proven players (you'll have to play 4 tough qts.  Decent teams (Central, Lumberton) when the game is out of reach you give your talented back ups more burn ( the backup qb, the two running backs from early in the season #6 and #20.  They play a lot of receivers from what I've seen.  Against trash teams, I would work on certain plays (scenarios) with the starters and start pulling them in the 3rd qt.  It would all go towards keeping everybody fresh for those tough playoff games where you hope everyone will be healthy.

1 hour ago, The Goat said:

I say no, his ability  to run is  nice to have. Plus  his passing has gotten better  as the season has gone on.  He has more zip than ever on the ball and his a load to tackle. 

I agree other than the comment on his passing.  He's hit and miss on his passing.  He didn't look too hot Friday night against a weak secondary. Inconsistencies in his passing is the issue, not his ability to pass.  He's an excellent athlete playing quarterback.  

1 hour ago, bigd92 said:

I feel you cant hold anything back. Win or go home there is no tomorrow. My best option on every play from here on out

Agree, there is risk/reward.   All out for the playoffs to go as far as possible vs. possible injury .  If that were to happen how is the backup QB?

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Agree, there is risk/reward.   All out for the playoffs to go as far as possible vs. possible injury .  If that were to happen how is the backup QB?

Heard he played baseball and has a good arm. Not as much of a running threat but can get out the way or scramble if need be