Woodville Eagles (9-1) (6-0) vs. Rockdale Tigers (8-3)(5-1) // Area Round Playoff Game

**7:30pm Pridgeon Stadium, Cy Fair ISD, Jersey Village, Texas**

**Live radio broadcast on SETXSports.com**

**Winner plays advances to play West/Hitchcock winner in Regional Semi-finals**

The Woodville Eagles and Rockdale Tigers will both travel to the northern part of Houston to Cy Fair ISD's Pridgeon Stadium in a heavyweight battle between two of the best teams in class 3A-Division 1, Region 3. Woodville bullied Hempstead, 52-14, while Rockdale beat 3A powerhouse Malakoff, 46-33 in each teams' respective bi-district game.

This is a game that could make a very strong case for the 3A Game of the Week. This will be Rockdale's second top-10 matchup in as many weeks. Both teams have a multitude of athletes on both sides of the ball and can score alot of points in a short amount of time. Both defensive units have shown shades of dominance throughout the season.

Rockdale displays a much more balanced attack than Woodville, much in part to signal-caller, Sr. QB Torry Locklin, who is one of the best quarterbacks in 3A. The Tigers have proven to be able to move the ball on the ground extremely well with Locklin, as well as through the air. Their defense has been susceptible to allowing alot of points to good offenses all year.

Woodville keeps no secrets on offense. They're averaging over 400 yards on rushing offense per game and have shown very little desire (or need) to throw the football. Much like Rockdale, the Eagles have shown that they can put up large amounts of points in not a lot of time. Woodville has also shown the ability to wear down a defense and control the clock extremely well. The defense for Woodville has been the difference all year, unlike in years past. With a lack of size on the defensive front, the Eagles make up for it in athleticism and physicality. They have shown vulnerability to giving up big plays at times this year.

This should be a very good match-up for a second round game. I believe Rockdale is the favorite, but Woodville will come in and give them all they can handle. I think Woodville is able to control the line of scrimmage and grind out the clock, while wearing out this Rockdale defense. Woodville takes the lead late and holds off Rockdale in a nail-biter.

Prediction: Woodville 42, Rockdale 41

What people don't understand is Woodville's opponents only have 4 days to prepare to defend Woodville's offense . This power type offense puts people in a bind by having them play a goal line defense the entire game or run a new defense . The offense also wears down the oppents defense with long drives. Which in turn ,they wear oppent's down in the second half and they pull away .If Woodville does not turn the ball over and eliminates plenalties that keeps them out of third and long, the Eagles will Soar 34-13 . Go Eagles ! 

17 hours ago, joeisbell said:

has woodville ever been further than round 2 in football ? that would be cool if they could beat rockdale

i know this is usually where setx schools aside from newton and wos, began to air up the basketballs

let's hope not and a few of our area schools end the curse

Woodville has never won an Area Round game. One year they advanced to the Regional but back then that came in the second round. They also lost that one.

11 hours ago, longball24 said:

There are only a couple of schools that can match Woodville speed wise and neither are in our path. Our size strength and speed of our o line will dominate the game. This game will open some eyes.

BAHAHAHAHA speed kills and you will see who has the speed come Friday night lmao. Yall don't have a single person that can keep up step for step with Crawford....Now power I will give yall that but come on man you lost credibility when you said no one has the speed to match yall....Rockdale and Teague both have more speed than you can imagine...I will give you west and franklin but come on man just say power and move along.

3 hours ago, longball24 said:

Remember these words bigger, stronger, faster. Even our big guys are fast.and don’t worry we have 11 running backs that can go so I hope you are conditioned as well.

you are saying woodville is stronger, bigger and faster than rockdale? dont rockdale have track stars that win state, like relay teams and stuff like that ?

Guest ECBucFan

Woodville has a real chance here. IMO. The key to this game will be WV controlling the clock, limiting possessions for athletic Rockdale. If WV can sustain long drives and not give up too many big plays, the Eagles can advance.  

On 11/22/2017 at 7:15 AM, Highschoolfootball99 said:

BAHAHAHAHA speed kills and you will see who has the speed come Friday night lmao. Yall don't have a single person that can keep up step for step with Crawford....Now power I will give yall that but come on man you lost credibility when you said no one has the speed to match yall....Rockdale and Teague both have more speed than you can imagine...I will give you west and franklin but come on man just say power and move along.

West beat both of those teams just saying and how'd they do it? On the ground...If theres a weakness to Rockdales defense its on the ground..they better come ready to play or its going to be closer than you might think. I think this will be the closest of the CENTEX/SETX  match-ups. West, Teague and Franklin all roll. Woodville is SETX's only chance of getting a victory over the Central Texas quartet

21 hours ago, Silky_Johnson said:

West beat both of those teams just saying and how'd they do it? On the ground...If theres a weakness to Rockdales defense its on the ground..they better come ready to play or its going to be closer than you might think. I think this will be the closest of the CENTEX/SETX  match-ups. West, Teague and Franklin all roll. Woodville is SETX's only chance of getting a victory over the Central Texas quartet

I agree Woodville has the best shot but when west played Rockdale....rockdale was missing Crawford, locklin, and couple line men. Safe travels to everyone. Go Teague and Centex

7 hours ago, Highschoolfootball99 said:

I agree Woodville has the best shot but when west played Rockdale....rockdale was missing Crawford, locklin, and couple line men. Safe travels to everyone. Go Teague and Centex

They weren;t missing Locklin...I watched him play in that game with my own two eyes lol it really wouldn't have mattered if they had Crawford either. West dominated that night....but yes goodluck to all Centex teams