Liberty vs. Salado

Beastking14

They finished 9-1 with their only loss coming to second place Fairfield in their district.They played a lot of 3A schools in pre district that weren't very good.So the 9-1 record really is not as good as it would be if they played better teams.I think you guys have a good shot to take them.

On 11/20/2017 at 1:07 PM, GUNHO said:

They finished 9-1 with their only loss coming to second place Fairfield in their district.They played a lot of 3A schools in pre district that weren't very good.So the 9-1 record really is not as good as it would be if they played better teams.I think you guys have a good shot to take them.

Fairfield finished 4th in that district

On 11/20/2017 at 1:07 PM, GUNHO said:

Huummmmmmmm. Not a good analogy it appears!

11 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I honestly think liberty made Salado look better than they actually are.

True. I made the trip to Bryan to watch the Liberty vs. Salado game. Hardly any video is available online about Salado's 2017 team, so I wanted to see for myself. Greg Tepper picked this team as the sleeper in 4AD2 Region 3. I am not a coach, but here are a few notes about them...

1) Slot-T offense. They like to break the huddle and hurry up to the line of scrimmage for a quick snap every time.  

2) Two smallish tailbacks with some quickness. 

3) The QB never keeps the ball (always hands off).

4) They showed an interest in passing the ball a little more than most slot-T teams. 

5) Not much size. Their O-line was mostly lean guys (maybe 200 - 210 pounders). I did not have a game program to know for sure, but this is how they looked to me.  

6) Defense was average. Liberty does not help themselves with the type of meat grinder offense they run, but an offense with some speed and using space can hurt Salado. They looked a little soft up the middle with average speed. Their offense is clearly better than their defense. 

7) Excellent kicker. He will mix up kickoffs - sometimes he'll pooch it, squib kick, or boom it deep. Every time they kicked off to Liberty, it was a different look. 

Salado reminded me of the 2015 Hardin Jefferson team. They run the same offense and play at about the same level of competition. Also, this team likes to taunt. They got caught only once. Don't let them bait your players into retaliating. 

10 minutes ago, griff said:

True. I made the trip to Bryan to watch the Liberty vs. Salado game. Hardly any video is available online about Salado's 2017 team, so I wanted to see for myself. Greg Tepper picked this team as the sleeper in 4AD2 Region 3. I am not a coach, but here are a few notes about them...

1) Slot-T offense. They like to break the huddle and hurry up to the line of scrimmage for a quick snap every time.  

2) Two smallish tailbacks with some quickness. 

3) The QB never keeps the ball (always hands off).

4) They showed an interest in passing the ball a little more than most slot-T teams. 

5) Not much size. Their O-line was mostly lean guys (maybe 200 - 210 pounders). I did not have a game program to know for sure, but this is how they looked to me.  

6) Defense was average. Liberty does not help themselves with the type of meat grinder offense they run, but an offense with some speed and using space can hurt Salado. They looked a little soft up the middle with average speed. Their offense is clearly better than their defense. 

7) Excellent kicker. He will mix up kickoffs - sometimes he'll pooch it, squib kick, or boom it deep. Every time they kicked off to Liberty, it was a different look. 

Salado reminded me of the 2015 Hardin Jefferson team. They run the same offense and play at about the same level of competition. Also, this team likes to taunt. They got caught only once. Don't let them bait your players into retaliating. 

Fairfield was the same way with the taunting. Had one of their players ejected. Glad to see a slot t team with a QB that never keeps it. That plays to our strengths defensively . One thing Bellville did very well Saturday was our passing game. QB Marcus Ward is hitting his stride right now and is playing great besides that one INT last week that cost Bellville 7.